Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2014, 08:06 PM

1,690 posts, read 2,062,947 times

Advertisements

Look at the states where ordinary citizens can sign a petition to propose legislation directly.
Yeah the blue state of Maryland. Yup, this is bad. Only wealthy politicians should set the agenda and everyone eise must be sheep. It's awful when poor people have power of any sort. It means find some illegal technicality to get them disenfranchised because chances are there are too poor to hire a lawyer.

Look where the Occupy Movement succeeded. Blue states. Ordinary people to assemble in a public park to exercise free speech, imagine that. Yup this is bad. We must plant drugs into the park to create a cause to close the park down. Only wealthy landowners can roam those grasslands.

Look where people who love each other, regardless of sexual orientation, can live happily ever after. Yep 17 blue states. Yup this is bad. Govt must dictate the holy bible and force it on all 50 states.

In my spare time, I created software for an app that shows you exactly to the square inch where you will be if you walk towards a structure you see from your backyard. I am not making this up. But because I'm not made of money and can't afford the legal costs to get the app up and going, I can't compete with corporate big wigs that rightwingers ensure are the only ones allowed to make stuff, or else it goes to China. But by the grace of G-d, a small business subsidy in the blue state of Connecticut enabled me to break ground. Yup, this is bad.

Like the same-sex partners, like the occupy revolutionaries, like the self-educated citizen petitioners, like the innovative entrepreneurs in their garages with big ideas, NO NO NO. Ordinary citizens are not supposed to have these powers! They are supposed to be forced not to be able to do anything but bow to corporate rightwing giants so that it can forever be perpetuated

only the Walmarts and big financial institutions have ideas
Only the big fast food industry create jobs
Only Exxon mobile creates jobs
Everyone else is just to be a dumb flake who is either employed by these giant companies who outsource their manufacturing, or they are just called lazy. Yup that's the way y'all like it.

Old 02-25-2014, 08:15 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,174,590 times
failed thread..

I dont recall right wingers suggesting people shouldnt be allowed to sign petitions, or protest..

Just another right wingers to blame because you are finding excuses for failure..

Tell me EricS39, how can people in **** poor locations like Moldova, put out apps but you cant?

Old 02-25-2014, 08:17 PM

What apps from Moldova are you referring to?

Old 02-25-2014, 08:25 PM

What someone can do and what actually happens/is practical in the market environment are unbelievably separate things.

This is why it's Liberal places like Palo Alto and villagy NYC where original concepts come to life. And in those very red conservative places you just see more McDonald M signs than you can count. And very mundane services like car dealerships, pest control, carpentry, hardware store, nothing new or original.

Old 02-25-2014, 08:30 PM

10,581 posts, read 9,794,135 times
Rightwingers don't like when average citizens have too much freedom, huh?

You mean, this "right-winger"?

"... a lot of people say there's too much freedom. When personal freedom's being abused, you have to move to limit it."
-Bill Clinton, April 19, 1994, in an interview on MTV

Sorry, your accusation is a non-starter.

When it comes to people who fear average citizens having too much freedom, the leftists wrote the book on it.

Normal Americans have been opposing them from the get-go.... for exactly that reason.

Old 02-25-2014, 08:32 PM

9,694 posts, read 7,404,242 times
He making this **** up , huh

Old 02-25-2014, 08:40 PM

I think Conservatives mean well, but the record shows Liberal places have more middle income entrepreneurial types.

Austin, Portland, Boulder, Palo Alto, Cambridge mass, NYC, Minneapolis, Seattle type places

And also a video from the left that would be shunned on the right was of a little poor kid who made a toy boat with a message to give to a poor black kid in the South during segregation about how he can find refuge up north

And the kid used the stream of the mighty Mississippi River to steer that little toy boat down to the delta. This is bad though by rightwing standards. Someone must own the Mississippi River property so they can be able to stop kids like this from putting their toy boats down the river as a stream of free transport. Too much power to the underdog is somehow bad.

Napster free file sharing of mp3s was too much power to kids.

MySpace.com allowed people all ages to put some video blogs up and represent themselves. But by painting a picture myspace attracts pedo's, the sight was forced to close

NCOR.org was the largest umbrella of Leftwing workshops ever in one place, assembled on the campus of American University. I still have some of the workshop mp3s. It was forced to shut down because of just a few university complaints someone was stalking someone on the campus and ruined the whole annual continuation of the event.

What all these have in common is a legal reason to bar the left from creating because you just can't compete with the Walmarts of the world. Of course they face the same legal challenges as these poor little guys, but hold the big dollars to pay those attorney fees and that's how the real world works.

Old 02-25-2014, 08:52 PM

13,714 posts, read 31,202,323 times
It's amazing the OP thinks restricting individual freedoms is somehow different between the two parties. In blue state California there are many who want to prevent people from eating the foods they like (such as a Happy Meal). Blue state CT has a big problem with allowing people the freedom to protect themselves with a gun. Same with California and blue state Illinois.

Red state Texas is a great place for an individual to start their own business. That happens in Houston, Austin, San Antonio, or Fort Worth. Maybe the reason CT helped the OP because it was otherwise so hard to start his software venture.

BTW - by what standard can the OP say Occupy Wall Street succeeded at anything more than getting arrested and dirtying city blocks? Occupy didn't cause a single policy change, did it?

Does the OP really understand why California has so many structural problems with its finances? It is because it is too easy for uneducated citizens to pass laws via referendums and initiatives. How is it empowering if no one can afford to live in in California's major cities today with a salary less than $50K?

Old 02-25-2014, 08:56 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,339,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricS39 View Post
Look at the states where ordinary citizens can sign a petition to propose legislation directly.
Yeah the blue state of Maryland. Yup, this is bad. Only wealthy politicians should set the agenda and everyone eise must be sheep. It's awful when poor people have power of any sort. It means find some illegal technicality to get them disenfranchised because chances are there are too poor to hire a lawyer.

Look where the Occupy Movement succeeded. Blue states. Ordinary people to assemble in a public park to exercise free speech, imagine that. Yup this is bad. We must plant drugs into the park to create a cause to close the park down. Only wealthy landowners can roam those grasslands.

Look where people who love each other, regardless of sexual orientation, can live happily ever after. Yep 17 blue states. Yup this is bad. Govt must dictate the holy bible and force it on all 50 states.

In my spare time, I created software for an app that shows you exactly to the square inch where you will be if you walk towards a structure you see from your backyard. I am not making this up. But because I'm not made of money and can't afford the legal costs to get the app up and going, I can't compete with corporate big wigs that rightwingers ensure are the only ones allowed to make stuff, or else it goes to China. But by the grace of G-d, a small business subsidy in the blue state of Connecticut enabled me to break ground. Yup, this is bad.

Like the same-sex partners, like the occupy revolutionaries, like the self-educated citizen petitioners, like the innovative entrepreneurs in their garages with big ideas, NO NO NO. Ordinary citizens are not supposed to have these powers! They are supposed to be forced not to be able to do anything but bow to corporate rightwing giants so that it can forever be perpetuated

only the Walmarts and big financial institutions have ideas
Only the big fast food industry create jobs
Only Exxon mobile creates jobs
Everyone else is just to be a dumb flake who is either employed by these giant companies who outsource their manufacturing, or they are just called lazy. Yup that's the way y'all like it.
I'm not sure I understand. If I start walking towards a structure I can see from my back yard, don't I already know where I am?
You kids and your apps.......

Old 02-25-2014, 08:57 PM

Occupy Wall Street was successful in that people had at all times of the day, a place to crash and organize and work together. It was a chapter in a process that is to somehow be continued.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies