Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2014, 11:31 PM

7,138 posts, read 10,981,734 times

Advertisements

As usual liberals support the Constitution, while Conservatives vote to use it as toilet paper

This is why I have no problem supporting a repeal of the Second Amendment. People who have so little regard for the Constitution don't deserve to have Second Amendment rights.

Supreme Court Makes Big Decision On When Cops Can Enter Your Home
| by MARK SHERMAN
Posted: 02/25/2014 12:12 pm EST Updated: 02/25/2014 3:59 pm EST

WASHINGTON (AP) — The Supreme Court ruled Tuesday that police may search a home without a warrant when two occupants disagree about allowing officers to enter, and the resident who refuses access is then arrested.

The justices declined to extend an earlier ruling denying entry to police when the occupants disagree and both are present.

Justice Samuel Alito wrote the court's 6-3 decision holding that an occupant may not object to a search when he is not at home.

"We therefore hold that an occupant who is absent due to a lawful detention or arrest stands in the same shoes as an occupant who is absent for any other reason," Alito said.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2014, 11:35 PM

793 posts, read 1,414,223 times
Pretty soon we're going to be Canada.

Old 02-25-2014, 11:56 PM

7,713 posts, read 4,720,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaBoom View Post
As usual liberals support the Constitution, while Conservatives vote to use it as toilet paper

This is why I have no problem supporting a repeal of the Second Amendment. People who have so little regard for the Constitution don't deserve to have Second Amendment rights.

| by MARK SHERMAN
Posted: 02/25/2014 12:12 pm EST Updated: 02/25/2014 3:59 pm EST

WASHINGTON (AP) — The Supreme Court ruled Tuesday that police may search a home without a warrant when two occupants disagree about allowing officers to enter, and the resident who refuses access is then arrested.

The justices declined to extend an earlier ruling denying entry to police when the occupants disagree and both are present.

Justice Samuel Alito wrote the court's 6-3 decision holding that an occupant may not object to a search when he is not at home.

"We therefore hold that an occupant who is absent due to a lawful detention or arrest stands in the same shoes as an occupant who is absent for any other reason," Alito said.

I'm no Republican, but I've been accused of being Conservative before, despite my Liberals beliefs. Despite sharing our disgust of the GOP hypocrisy, I don't envision R's embracing this infringement & think you've become no better than they are with this dogsh*t, sick way of rationalizing your quasi-facist views on the 2nd Amendment.

In this case the Police directly asked this guy's permission to enter his home without a warrant while he was in jail. He said "No". Should have been end of story. Then the police go back to his house, knock on the door and convince the spouse to say "yes"? That's not my idea of what should be legal in the United States of America. It just further infringes on our rights incrementally at a time when we need to guard against all infringements. It also opens the door to police simply arresting the person who refuses more strongly and then coercing the weaker voice. If the case is so strong, get a warrant like we've done forever. Easy.

Old 02-25-2014, 11:58 PM

1,825 posts, read 1,413,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
I'm no Republican, but I've been accused of being Conservative before, despite my Liberals beliefs. Despite sharing our disgust of the GOP hypocrisy, I don't envision R's embracing this infringement & think you've become no better than they are with this dogsh*t, sick way of rationalizing your quasi-facist views on the 2nd Amendment.

In this case the Police directly asked this guy's permission to enter his home without a warrant while he was in jail. He said "No". Should have been end of story. Then the police go back to his house, knock on the door and convince the spouse to say "yes"? That's not my idea of what should be legal in the United States of America. It just further infringes on our rights incrementally at a time when we need to guard against all infringements. It also opens the door to police simply arresting the person who refuses more strongly and then coercing the weaker voice. If the case is so strong, get a warrant like we've done forever. Easy.
They might not embrace it outright but bear in mind they are the ones voting for the kind of presidents who put people like Alito on the court.

Old 02-26-2014, 12:00 AM

307 posts, read 403,754 times
its the Democrats who are against the 1st and 2nd Amendments.

Old 02-26-2014, 12:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIVERSMVP14 View Post
its the Democrats who are against the 1st and 2nd Amendments.
Democrats are against the first amendment? Really? Its not Democrats who go around proposing a state religion and trying to insert prayer in every conceivable state function.

Old 02-26-2014, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egbert View Post
Democrats are against the first amendment? Really? Its not Democrats who go around proposing a state religion and trying to insert prayer in every conceivable state function.
that doesnt violaTE THE 1st amendment. What I'm talking about is democrats trying to criminalize speech as hate speech, and also the multiple infringements on y right to pray wherever whenever I want without Gestapos telling me zi cant.

Old 02-26-2014, 12:08 AM

Quote:
that doesnt violaTE THE 1st amendment. What i taking about is democrats trying to criminalize speech as hate speech.
You should probably read the first amendment again. It very clear about a state religion. On the other hand I don't know any Democrat who is trying to criminalize speech.

You can also pray wherever you want, you just can't use your position as a government employee to impose prayer on other people e.g. a teacher leading a public school class in pray or a local government official leading a local government function in prayer.

Old 02-26-2014, 12:10 AM

it says Congress shall nit make a state religion.They're not.

Old 02-26-2014, 12:12 AM

Quote:
it says Congress shall nit make a state religion.They're not.
You should search this forum for 14th amendment incorporation doctrine and religion, you will probably find at least a few dozen threads explaining why you are wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies