Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2014, 07:58 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,555,075 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
But when welfare is brought up the left always reminds us that MORE whites receive it then blacks.

Yet when talking about photo ID it is the BLACKS that are only affected.

What happened to all those poor whites?
a very good question.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2014, 07:59 AM

1,138 posts, read 1,042,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
If I show up to vote with the things needed to get a photo ID I should be allowed to vote. Also you should only need to provide this information when registering to vote, that is the point of registering.
If you have all the necessary information to get an ID then you should already have gotten an ID. How do you drive? Or get a job? Or do your banking? Or travel? Or do every other necessary life thing that requires ID?

If you don't have an ID you have no business voting. End of story. The only reason Democrats are against it is because a lot of illegal immigrants vote, which is illegal, and they vote Democrat because they give them benefits.

Old 02-26-2014, 08:06 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,180,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West Coast Republican View Post
If you have all the necessary information to get an ID then you should already have gotten an ID. How do you drive? Or get a job? Or do your banking? Or travel? Or do every other necessary life thing that requires ID?

If you don't have an ID you have no business voting. End of story. The only reason Democrats are against it is because a lot of illegal immigrants vote, which is illegal, and they vote Democrat because they give them benefits.
Why do we need to register to vote if we have to show a photo ID to vote every time? Also those photo IDs aren't free, so technically you are charging people to vote. And if one brings the same needed documents to get a photo ID, those same documents should be plenty to vote.

When I vote in person I only need to sign my name to verify my signature, and when I vote by mail I just need to sign on the seal, no need to mail in a copy of my photo ID and a picture of myself holding it to verify it is me.

Old 02-26-2014, 08:06 AM

6,565 posts, read 14,295,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West Coast Republican View Post
If you have all the necessary information to get an ID then you should already have gotten an ID. How do you drive? Or do your banking? Or travel? Or do every other necessary life thing that requires ID?

I get the impression that a large swath of urban poor folks don't have IDs or any desire to get one because they don't use the things that require an ID (In the case of booze, they probably look old enough to not have to worry about it, I'd imagine)...

The only time ANYONE cares about these people and whether they have an ID or not is around election time where many are brought to polling places to vote...

Now while I agree that if they are citizens they should have that right, there should be someway of proving that this is the case and that these people are allowed to vote...

What Pennsylvania tried to do last election was slap a voter ID law down right before the election, which is crap... What North Carolina SEEMS to be doing is giving voters three years to get their ducks in a row and get their voter ID so in 2016, or whenever, there will be no issue.... I don't have a problem with that personally... Though I would like to see some way to make it easier than going through a ton of red tape for those in this class of folks without birth certificates to prove their citizenship and get that voter ID card...

Old 02-26-2014, 08:07 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,189,517 times
It's scary that Joe is just 1 step away from being President.

It's job security for BO

Old 02-26-2014, 08:09 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,954,468 times
I suppose the DNC is hateful as well, since it requires photo ID to enter the DNC convention. Biden is an imbecile. Who voted for these buffoons?

Old 02-26-2014, 08:11 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,954,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhett_Butler View Post
I get the impression that a large swath of urban poor folks don't have IDs or any desire to get one because they don't use the things that require an ID (In the case of booze, they probably look old enough to not have to worry about it, I'd imagine)...

The only time ANYONE cares about these people and whether they have an ID or not is around election time where many are brought to polling places to vote...

Now while I agree that if they are citizens they should have that right, there should be someway of proving that this is the case and that these people are allowed to vote...

What Pennsylvania tried to do last election was slap a voter ID law down right before the election, which is crap... What North Carolina SEEMS to be doing is giving voters three years to get their ducks in a row and get their voter ID so in 2016, or whenever, there will be no issue.... I don't have a problem with that personally... Though I would like to see some way to make it easier than going through a ton of red tape for those in this class of folks without birth certificates to prove their citizenship and get that voter ID card...
Getting a photo ID requires "going through a ton of red tape"? You're serious?

Meanwhile the same people you're talking about have no problem going through an actual ton of red tape to get WIC, SSDI, food stamps, Section 8, an Obamaphone, etc. etc. etc.

Old 02-26-2014, 08:15 AM

1,743 posts, read 1,658,721 times
Quote:
Why do we need to register to vote if we have to show a photo ID to vote every time? Also those photo IDs aren't free, so technically you are charging people to vote. And if one brings the same needed documents to get a photo ID, those same documents should be plenty to vote.

When I vote in person I only need to sign my name to verify my signature, and when I vote by mail I just need to sign on the seal, no need to mail in a copy of my photo ID and a picture of myself holding it to verify it is me.

Do you hear the things you say? Well what about the whole 6 point system to get my drivers license renewed in NJ? Why do i need to bring in so many different forms of ID when i already have gone thru the process before and then have to pay again?

Nothing is free in America

Anyone can just get up and vote , do you know how much ID theft there is in this country?? If you want to vote , make sure you have all your ducks in line , get an ID, and then go vote. Very simple. This will cut back on illegal multiple votes thats been going on for a long time. Its called being FAIR to everyone.

Old 02-26-2014, 08:16 AM

1,138 posts, read 1,042,189 times
Quote:

When I vote in person I only need to sign my name to verify my signature and when I vote by mail I just need to sign on the seal, no need to mail in a copy of my photo ID and a picture of myself holding it to verify it is me.
Getting an ID is easy and it's not expensive either. It's like a one time- fee until you have to renew it, which is several years later. You register to vote so there will be less likely attempts of voter fraud.

If registering wasn't required than people could just lie and vote multiple times, go to one voting place, say they are '' Mike Underwood '', then go to another voting place in town and say they are '' Jon West '' and vote again. Voter registration and ID prevents this from happening, plus it's more accurate as you can select to be a Democrat, Republican, 3rd party etc...

Some states do vote by mail, you are still required to have an ID in the system when they verify your vote, if you don't then they disqualify it . They ask for your ID number on the forms.

Old 02-26-2014, 08:17 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,585,253 times
Quote:

States have offered free IDs and transportation. At some point, the barriers become so minimal that it appears that people just don't want anything asked of them or have some other unspoken complaint.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies