Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2014, 08:19 PM

89,006 posts, read 44,813,405 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
You've stopped even trying to be coherent.
What's not coherent about Rev. Wright himself clearly stating Trinity UCC's vision statement is based on racist Cone's Black Liberation Theology, Obama attending that racist church for 20+ years, Obama getting married in that racist church, Obama having his daughters baptized in that racist church, and Obama referring to racist Rev. Wright as a close confidant and sounding board? All of those facts are true.
Quote:
These days, he says, he attends the 11 a.m. Sunday service at Trinity in the Brainerd neighborhood every week -- or at least as many weeks as he is able. His pastor, Wright, has become a close confidant.
Obama: I have a deep faith :: CHICAGO SUN-TIMES :: Cathleen Falsani

Quote:
The Rev. Jeremiah A. Wright Jr., senior pastor of the popular Trinity United Church of Christ in Chicago and spiritual mentor to Senator Barack Obama, thought he knew what he would be doing on Feb. 10, the day of Senator Obama’s presidential announcement.
http://www.nytimes.com/2007/03/06/us...bama.html?_r=0

Quote:
Wright is not an incidental figure in Obama's life, or his politics. The senator "affirmed" his Christian faith in this church; he uses Wright as a "sounding board" to "make sure I'm not losing myself in the hype and hoopla." Both the title of Obama's second book, The Audacity of Hope, and the theme for his keynote address at the Democratic National Convention in 2004 come from Wright's sermons.
Cleaned up, of course, to remove the more objectionably racist sentiments.
Campaign '08: The Radical Roots of Barack Obama : Rolling Stone
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2014, 08:38 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,157,975 times
Obama called his grandmother a racist and said she was a typical white person in doing so.. meaning , a typical white person is a racist.. Obama sees white people as a typical racist just as Black liberation theology teaches that white people are the oppressors and lynched their black Jesus on the cross.

Old 02-28-2014, 08:46 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,157,975 times
Black Liberation Theology Beliefs.

From Harvard video:
  • Speaks of an American Christ. Lunacy.
  • Speaks of a re-crucified Black Christ. More lunacy.
  • Got into ministry to fight White Supremacy. Explains why he created an apostate heresy he teaches to others. He’s following the god of his own flesh.
  • Claims lynching of Blacks in the modern American Criminal Justice System. So now even a thug in prison is Christ too in the eyes of James Cone.
  • Did you notice he went away from talking about the cross, to talking about lynching? He uses faith as a cover and then preaches his true gospel, which is nothing but a message of race. A gospel of and for the flesh.
  • He talks about Muslims abused in Iraq and tries to link that to lynching and hence claim it’s like Christ’s crucifixion! Total and complete apostate heresy. Cone lauds not just people who die for things other than the cause of Christ as a form of Christ, but even people who suffer and outright denied the Lordship of Jesus Christ. Making those who deny the Lord his lord.
  • Says Black people are Christ figures. No mention of the faith of the Black person, just by virtue of them being Black and abused, they are Christ in his mind… But they lie and claim they don’t teach Black superiority.
  • REPARATIONS, REPARATIONS, REPARATIONS!!! The money hook is always out.
  • He’s holding all Whites accountable for things no White today was part of. More of the same holding people to blame for sins that God has declared they are not accountable for.
  • From the Q&A he says that he likes the idea of Jesus as a rapper! Why have Jesus as Lord, when you can have Him as your rapping entertainer on stage?
  • Says: I use Christian language because that’s the language I grew up with. He wants everyone to apply his view to anything and it seems he is OK with it being applied even to cult figures, like in China it being applied to Buddha because that’s a predominate belief there. Cone only leverages facets of Christianity, because it is accepted here, not because he really feels Jesus is the only means to salvation, John 14:6. Cone makes up his own jesus in his fleshly mind as he goes along.
  • Feels Blacks can inspire homosexual movements and abortion efforts too. You name the Leftist movement and Cone will apply his heresy to it! All abominations included.
Cone’s is a false theology rooted in his own personal philosophy. If all of the above did not help you understand what is wrong with James Cone, Lord willing, 1 Corinthians 2 will help you better understand.
See this interview where James Cone even declares Christ denier and Muslim Malcolm X to be a 20th Century saint. (You’ll have to scroll down a bit to get to Cone’s portion of that show transcript.) More proof he does not see Christ as Lord and savior, but rather sees his favored works as salvation.
In a book written to try and have homosexuals accepted as something other than sinners in need of repentance in the ?African American Church? (book titled A Whosoever Church: Welcoming Lesbians and Gay Men Into African American Congregations), the writers interviewed Cone. Just see what he said at the bottom of page 209 in the book. He again mentions he does not take scripture literally and blames attitudes against the abomination of homosexuality on White people. And if you look at the back cover of the book, look who applauds the book, Jeremiah Wright!
What you’ve seen is the true core doctrine of the heresy, that was passed from from James Cone, to people like Jeremiah Wright, right down to Wright’s student Barack Hussein Obama, Junior and Trinity United Church of Christ’s new head pastor Otis Moss, III. If you listen to Obama’s speeches now after reviewing everything here, I think you’ll be able to identify Obama speaking the same heresy. It is very apparent when you are aware of how this false “Black Liberation Theology” doctrine works.
Related posts:

Independent Conservative » Blog Archive James Cone, Creator of Black Liberation Theology, Says Whites Salvation Comes via Giving Blacks Money. » Independent Conservative

Old 02-28-2014, 09:34 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,075,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
What's not coherent about Rev. Wright himself clearly stating...
Unless you are now claiming to be Rev. Wright, that "response" makes no sense whatsoever.

Old 02-28-2014, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Unless you are now claiming to be Rev. Wright, that "response" makes no sense whatsoever.
Only if you aren't aware of Rev. Wright's own statement:
Quote:
"The vision statement of Trinity United Church of Christ is based upon the systematized liberation theology that started in 1969 with the publication of Dr. James Cone’s book, Black Power and Black Theology."
TUCC is based on a racist religious philosophy.

Obama had to disinvite Rev. Wright from his presidential candidacy announcement because of Wright's long record of overt racism.
Quote:
According to the pastor [Wright], Mr. Obama then told him, “You can get kind of rough in the sermons, so what we’ve decided is that it’s best for you not to be out there in public.”
http://www.nytimes.com/2007/03/06/us...ama.html?_r=1&

Obama opted to hide his racist roots instead of being honest about his racism with the American public.

Old 02-28-2014, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Only if you aren't aware of Rev. Wright's own statement...
Yep. Still completely incoherent.

It is so odd to see how completely incapable you are of following your own argument.

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent
Obama opted to hide his racist roots instead of being honest about his racism with the American public.
Obama's attendance at Wright's church was never hidden, and completely covered by the news media.

But since Obama is not Wright, and Wright is not Cone, the American people decided to elect him president anyway. Twice.

They can actually tell people apart. Not sure why you can't. I guess to you they must all look alike.

Old 02-28-2014, 09:53 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,936,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grsz11 View Post
More lies. Conservatives are the ones who think students shouldn't go to college.
High debt isn't good for most people. It's the debt, not the college most object to......by the way what a silly comment are you saying their are no conservatives in college?

Old 02-28-2014, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Yep. Still completely incoherent.
Are you having a hard time understanding Wright's statement?
Quote:
"The vision statement of Trinity United Church of Christ is based upon the systematized liberation theology that started in 1969 with the publication of Dr. James Cone’s book, Black Power and Black Theology."
Racist Cone is indeed the founder of Black Liberation Theology:
Quote:
Professor James H. Cone, known as the founder of black liberation theology
James Cone - Union Theological Seminary

Some of Cone's racist statements:

"To be black is to be committed to destroying everything this country loves and adores."
"Black theology will accept only a love of God which participates in the destruction of the white enemy."
Religious Revolutionaries: The Rebels who Reshaped American Religion - Robert C. Fuller - Google Books

"If God is not for us and against white people, then he is a murderer, and we had better kill him."
African American Religious Thought: An Anthology - Google Books

Another:
The Gospel According to the Marginalized - Google Books

Either you condone racism, HD, or you've been duped. Which is it?

Old 02-28-2014, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Are you having a hard time understanding Wright's statement?
Wright's statement is irrelevant to my comment. So, by the way, is Wright.

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent
Either you condone racism, HD, or you've been duped. Which is it?
Someday you will learn to count higher than two, and I will throw a party. With cake.

Those are not the only two options.

Old 02-28-2014, 10:04 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,936,339 times
Seems his OWN FAMILY has their opinion of him........
Mark first met his brother Barack in 1988, and claims to not have been in touch with the President lately.

Mark told Ma’ariv that when he first met Barack, he was struck by his brother’s rejection of Western culture.
“I remember that my impression at the first meeting was that Barack thought that I was too white, and I thought that he was too black,” he said. “He was an American citizen on a journey in search of his African roots, while I was a resident of Kenya seeking to find his white roots.”

“I remember that when I spoke with him about the heroes of Western culture he rolled his eyes impatiently. My feeling was that, here is an American who in many ways is trying to be a local Kenyan youth. This is something I tried to flee my entire life.”

- See more at: The Yeshiva World President Obama’s ‘Proud’ Jewish Lookalike Brother Identifies Himself To Israelis « » Frum Jewish News
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies