Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2014, 09:52 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,930,218 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
Sounds more like we are seeing failures on a fundamental level,

Everyone from the upper middle to lower income levels have been harmed by his policies, so this is Obama trying to look like he gives a crap, and buy a few votes. As soon as he signs this he'll think his job is done, and then it will be off to the golf course, and rubbing elbows with the billionaires and the beautiful people, living the "champagne wishes with caviar dreams."
Check out some of the WH menus, who the hell would eat most of the stuff served. Glad I wasn't born rich, I would starve if this is their style of keeping up with the Rothschilds.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2014, 09:53 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,409,587 times
Quote:
Sounds more like we are seeing failures on a fundamental level,

Everyone from the upper middle to lower income levels have been harmed by his policies, so this is Obama trying to look like he gives a crap, and buy a few votes. As soon as he signs this he'll think his job is done, and then it will be off to the golf course, and rubbing elbows with the billionaires and the beautiful people, living the "champagne wishes with caviar dreams."
In fairness to Obama he's been doing some one on one stuff quietly and he wants to continue after 2016.

Old 02-27-2014, 09:56 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 17 days ago)

29,550 posts, read 16,528,077 times
Quote:
If you cannot even name one, why would my pointing it out help? If i say Obama's administrative agencies, like the EPA and Interior department are issuing new regulations and revoking permits, which are driving up the cost of energy, you'd say..............?
I cant name one because I disagree with your conclusion that his policies have hurt americans.

But to answer your question, I would ask to see the correlation between these regulations and cost going up.

new regulations do not necessarily means cost went up. One plant could have been damaged by a storm causing cost to go up during that same period for all I know.

Old 02-27-2014, 10:05 AM

10,581 posts, read 9,779,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
His new “My Brother’s Keeper†initiative is aimed at finding ways in which business and civic leaders can intervene at just the right moment to keep young black men and other men of color on a successful course.
Another racist program?

Clearly forbidden by the 14th amendment.

Where is the ACLU on this?

Old 02-27-2014, 10:07 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,673,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Check out some of the WH menus, who the hell would eat most of the stuff served. Glad I wasn't born rich, I would starve if this is their style of keeping up with the Rothschilds.
Michelle Obama uses her husband's power as president to dictate low calorie school lunch menus to our schools, but then she is pigging out on 3,000 calorie blue plate dinners at White House parties.

Old 02-27-2014, 10:10 AM

3,620 posts, read 3,834,088 times
itll be interesting to see how the program works. oreilly sounded enthused about it last night, and last time i looked he's a white male conservative.

Old 02-27-2014, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
I cant name one because I disagree with your conclusion that his policies have hurt americans.

But to answer your question, I would ask to see the correlation between these regulations and cost going up.

new regulations do not necessarily means cost went up. One plant could have been damaged by a storm causing cost to go up during that same period for all I know.
I submit you don't care what our EPA is doing, you don't know their actions cause electricity rates to go up, so to you, it does not exist.

That goes for any of the president's policies which cause our economy to shrink, causes businesses to retract, hunker down and wait out the Obama storm. You are ignorant of these things because you've already told yourself nothing Obama is doing is causing harm. I'll bet you don't even think his ACA is causing any harm.

Old 02-27-2014, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
itll be interesting to see how the program works. oreilly sounded enthused about it last night, and last time i looked he's a white male conservative.
It won't do anything to fix the fundamental, underlying social issues that caused these problems in the first place. It might help a few kids today, but it will make no difference, because tomorrow we will be right back to square one again.

Old 02-27-2014, 10:19 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 17 days ago)

29,550 posts, read 16,528,077 times
Quote:
I submit you don't care what our EPA is doing, you don't know their actions cause electricity rates to go up, so to you, it does not exist.
I asked you to show the correlation/causation and you have not, you are asking me to agree with you without proof that you are even right, what world do you live in where that makes sense????

Quote:
That goes for any of the president's policies which cause our economy to shrink, causes businesses to retract, hunker down and wait out the Obama storm. You are ignorant of these things because you've already told yourself nothing Obama is doing is causing harm. I'll bet you don't even think his ACA is causing any harm.
Dude, President Obama and his policies have allowed businesses to create 8 million jobs in 5 years, thats more than the entire presidency of GWB and thats even when not counting the jobs President Bush lost during the recession.

Old 02-27-2014, 10:20 AM

3,620 posts, read 3,834,088 times
Quote:
It won't do anything to fix the fundamental, underlying social issues that caused these problems in the first place. It might help a few kids today, but it will make no difference, because tomorrow we will be right back to square one again.

we'll see. neither of us is nostradamus. let it play out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies