Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2014, 11:51 AM

45,397 posts, read 60,592,880 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
*SIGH*

Can't you just agree and leave it at that?

Why does everyone around here act as if disagreeing on most things means you're obligated to disagree on everything.

None of us are either friends or mortal enemies...just posters on a website.

We agree..say that and keep it moving.

Otherwise. I'm happy that you agree.
Oh, so am I. I hate to use those damn smileys but I was laughing when I posted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2014, 12:13 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
Parents Demand Miley Cyrus Stop 'Bangerz' Tour Over Salacious Content

Disgruntled Parents Want Miley Cyrus' 'Bangerz' Tour Shut Down

Oh Look Who's Trying to Steal the Raunch Crown from Queen Miley | Fishwrapper.com

This is almost laughable if it werent so disturbing. Look. I am not for all this trashy garbage either, but it isnt my right to demand she stop. What she is doing is not against the law. You can say the same for the Beyonces latest transformation into the raunchy as well. Do I like it? No. Do I think it is something our kids should be a part of? No. (And frankly, I think its rather pathetic and immature of adults to enjoy this also).

These parents seem to forget a couple things. You are the parent. It is YOUR responsibility to raise your kid and control what they see and here. What, you're suddenly shocked that your children's idol turned trash? LOL Why? All the signs were there and it is you're own fault to let your children have idols in the entertainment industry in the first place.

It is amazing how in 2014, many parents still don't get it. They are more irresponsible than these "entertainers". The solution is simple. Get involved with your kids. Monitor what they watch and listen to. No one told you you had to let them idolize people like this. No one forced you to let your kid sit in front of the tv all day.

And I hate to do it, but the Obama's are just as guilty. Obama once bragged how great a role model Beyonce is. Really now? I wonder how he feels now after her new garbage came out. You're POTUS. Are you not smart enough to know that your children's role models should not be phony, trashy, out of touch entertainers. Their role models should be people that actually are real heros. Hell, you can say you and your wife should be their role model. But to say some scantily clad woman who sings about screwing is their role model? Come on.

Its 2014, and seems parenting continues to suck on a large scale. Parents still blaming others for what they are responsible for.
her parents should have jumped in years ago and stopped her from doing a lot of things. It is too late now...BTW, there are some very good parents out there.

Old 02-27-2014, 12:19 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grsz11 View Post
The most conservative people are the ones that want the most government regulation when it comes to things they disagree with. Rather then actually parenting, they complain about the programming on at night.
Where are you getting that idea? yes, many are concerned about what is on TV at night and they should be. We can only control our kids so much, when almost everything being shown on TV during prime time is anything but family oriented it makes for rough decisions. This doesn't mean conservative or any other parents want the government to regulate everything. Most things conservative parents do not want the government to regulate or control.

Old 02-27-2014, 12:21 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,327,358 times
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bideshi

Her career is toast anyway.
In your dreams.

Old 02-27-2014, 12:24 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,898,761 times
I agree that no one should step in and regulate whats on tv etc. Parenting starts at home. Fact is though, we don't live in a vacuum. You can block that stuff out all you want as a parent, but with a sex crazed and lustful society like the one in which we are living, it's going to get through one way or another and your kids WILL be exposed to it. What are you going to do? Home school them and never let them go to a friends house? Not gonna happen. I think a lot of "adults" should stop and look at what they consider "entertainment"... If it isn't fit for a 10 year old to watch, it isn't fit for anyone. There is no denying that what we consider "entertainment" and what we are exposed to shapes our morals. With our society the way it is today, it's no surprise that we have stories like this in the news....

http://www.myfoxphilly.com/story/248...-be-reinstated

If I had kids today, I honestly don't think I'd have a tv in my home.

Last edited by WhipperSnapper 88; 02-27-2014 at 12:37 PM..

Old 02-27-2014, 12:30 PM

8,732 posts, read 6,783,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aedubber View Post
Parents these days are a joke , i see them acting worse then their own kids lol .
Sometimes it's hard to tell who the parent is.

Especially when the person who is supposed to be the adult is dressed like the 10 year old kid.

Old 02-27-2014, 12:37 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,327,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Where are you getting that idea? yes, many are concerned about what is on TV at night and they should be. We can only control our kids so much, when almost everything being shown on TV during prime time is anything but family oriented it makes for rough decisions. This doesn't mean conservative or any other parents want the government to regulate everything. Most things conservative parents do not want the government to regulate or control.
There's usually a little button in the top corner of your remote. That's the "off" switch. If you can't manage that, you can always pull the plug.

Old 02-27-2014, 04:13 PM

12,265 posts, read 6,474,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
How about they parent as parents instead of whining? As if this is some huge shock she is acting this way. Shes been doing this progressively for a long time, it should surprise no one. Would these same parents suddenly be okay taking their kids to see her if she dropped the act? Is so, they're foolish.

Dont whine about it, just dont take your kids to her shows and dont let them watch/listen to her. Its that simple. Get involved with your kids and dont let them idolize these people in the first place. They are not and will never be role models. Its the same foolish parents that took their kids to her stupid concerts and bought their kids all her merchandise and plopped them down in front of the tube to watch her, that made her wealthy in the first place. Now, they act shocked, that in todays society, she gets older and wants to be a tramp.
Whatever the case, and I would like this little **** to go away just as most normal people do, the parents do indeed have a right to express their feelings. They are not "demanding" anything as the title of this thread claims.

Old 02-27-2014, 04:22 PM

10,545 posts, read 13,587,085 times
"Parents demand Miley stop tour over trashy content.... Why should she?"

She shouldn't - unless of course she discovers some self-respect and decency.

Old 02-27-2014, 04:41 PM

4,299 posts, read 2,811,465 times
I agree with everything you said from the second paragraph on OP. The reason I don't agree with your first paragraph is I don't mind Miley because I haven't seen her do anything disrespectful.
I think it's ridiculous that people want to ban this behavior as if it is so shocking. Really? I saw this coming the minute her and Nick broke up. She's done so many things in the past few years that many would find disturbing but you're just now deciding to ban her.
Like she said in one of her early songs "she's just being Miley". There is so much raunchy material out there anyway that kids would listen to or watch. I find Miley harmless compared to some. The parents need to get it through their head that Miley does NOT work for Disney anymore. She is an adult artist and not even on a kid's program so why care what she does?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies