Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2014, 07:18 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,954,468 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Welcome to DeBlasio’s New York. Pretty much the same as Bloomberg’s New York, though hitting people in the Mimosas may be even more painful than the Coke and donuts. For those unacquainted with the brunching habits of the urban East Coaster, those in their late 20s and early 30s—young enough that they’re still partying late enough to need to sleep in but old enough to drop a bit on a decent breakfast—gather in large groups at charming neighborhood establishments for breakfast classics and ever-more-intricate ways to serve bacon accompanied by America’s two approved breakfast cocktails: Bloody Marys and Mimosas. The competition is stiff, both for patrons and restaurants. Customers happily take on long lines, crowded quarters, and awkward table arrangements thanks to the social lubrication afforded by brunch’s most popular deal— the bottomless Bloody or Mimosa. (Yes, this happens plenty of other places, too, but Ed Morrissey requested a definition on TEMS today, so I’m supplying one to all readers.)
Quote:
Guys, this might be your final weekend for happiness. No really, I’m serious. The NYC Hospitality Alliance is cracking down. On what, you ask? Kitchen cleanliness? No. Rats? Nope. Bottomless brunches? YES. That’s right, those unlimited deals — on mimosas and Bloody Marys (and whiskey drinks at the swanky joints) — that make Sundays in New York so fun are actually against the law. What’s that? Oh, just the sound of your weekend buzz dying.
Link: New loathsome nanny-state initiative: Banning bottomless brunches « Hot Air

Liberals are running amok in New York City - and everywhere else. Thank God we have such enlightened politicians. If it weren't for them running everyone else's life, society would be such a disaster.

I hope the silly progressives who voted for DeBlasio enjoy the results of their vote.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2014, 07:20 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
DeBlasio identifies himself with progressives so NYC has gone even further left than Bloomberg was.
But this is what they want so it will be interesting to see how NYC proceeds with this.

Old 02-27-2014, 07:20 AM

3,555 posts, read 4,095,872 times
So enforcing the law is some evil progressive plot? I thought all you righties want is for government to enforce the laws already on the books. This thread fails really hard and the title is a lie - they didn't ban anything, the part you quoted even says that.

Old 02-27-2014, 07:23 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,743,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grsz11 View Post
So enforcing the law is some evil progressive plot? I thought all you righties want is for government to enforce the laws already on the books. This thread fails really hard and the title is a lie - they didn't ban anything.
Enforcing a dumb law like this is ridiculous. The law should be taken off the books.

Old 02-27-2014, 07:24 AM

7,814 posts, read 6,392,163 times
Just charge a penny each. Problem solved.

Old 02-27-2014, 07:24 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Their city. They can vote these folks out if they don't like the laws.

Why non New Yorkers should get apoplectic about it escapes me.

I mean geez..they just had an election.

Old 02-27-2014, 07:26 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,954,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grsz11 View Post
So enforcing the law is some evil progressive plot? I thought all you righties want is for government to enforce the laws already on the books. This thread fails really hard and the title is a lie - they didn't ban anything, the part you quoted even says that.
The only "freedom" your side is interested in is the manufactured "right" of a woman to kill her unborn baby.

I take it from your post that you agree with banning bottomless brunches?

Old 02-27-2014, 07:27 AM

3,537 posts, read 2,735,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Link: New loathsome nanny-state initiative: Banning bottomless brunches « Hot Air

Liberals are running amok in New York City - and everywhere else. Thank God we have such enlightened politicians. If it weren't for them running everyone else's life, society would be such a disaster.

I hope the silly progressives who voted for DeBlasio enjoy the results of their vote.
Actually it is an old New York state Law and it will not apply to brunches it also had the backing of the upstate Christian crowd- Republicans in the the State legislature.

Everyone Calm Down: New York Bottomless Brunches Are Perfectly Legal

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/new-y...#ixzz2uX5sNHr8
New York Bottomless Brunches Are Legal - Business Insider

It applies to happy hour drink specials which we visited this five years ago. All in all it is big ogvernment overreach in action.

Old 02-27-2014, 07:28 AM

3,555 posts, read 4,095,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
The only "freedom" your side is interested in is the manufactured "right" of a woman to kill her unborn baby.

I take it from your post that you agree with banning bottomless brunches?
No, its pretty silly, but your entire post is a lie. It has been illegal for decades. Now that it is being enforced because the media brought it up, you label it as a new liberal ban. Just lies.There has also been no "cracking down" yet, they just pointed out that its not legal. Nor was it the city government at all. Either you purposefully ignored that part or your reading comprehension skills are woeful.

Old 02-27-2014, 07:28 AM

1,743 posts, read 1,658,562 times
LMAO NYC is following the footsteps of Cali with its idiotic laws .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies