Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2014, 11:08 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,953,334 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Remember this chart when Democrats continue to talk about the need to keep ObamaCare but just fix its “problems.” The main reason offered for allowing the government to force everyone to participate in the command health-care economy was to make it easier for the uninsured to get coverage. If that’s the case, why do the uninsured actually hate ObamaCare more than the rest of America?
Link: Kaiser poll shows ObamaCare getting even more unpopular with uninsured « Hot Air

More proof that Obamacare stinks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2014, 11:29 AM

13,778 posts, read 9,661,538 times
Naturally your biased site cherry picked through the Kaiser poll and hit on the one stat. I'll give you and everyone a link to the actual Kaiser poll and when read in total content, the poll shows a much better public feeling towards Obamacare. Here's my cherry picked paragraph from the actual poll rather than from your right wing fringe site.

When it comes to next steps on the law, a majority say it should be kept in place, including 48 percent who want Congress to work to improve it and 8 percent who say it should be kept as is. Fewer say Congress should repeal the law and replace it with a Republican-sponsored alternative (12 percent) or repeal it and not replace it (19 percent). Like opinions on the law overall, views about next steps are deeply divided by political party identification, with most Democrats preferring to keep the law in place and a majority of Republicans wanting to see it repealed. Among independents, more than half want Congress to keep the law as is or work to improve it, while a third prefer to see it repealed.

Kaiser Health Tracking Poll: February 2014 | The Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation

Old 02-27-2014, 11:31 AM

13,684 posts, read 9,007,828 times
I will say this: if I were a deadbeat, content on getting 'free' medical treatment at local county hospitals and clinics, I would very much hate to have to pay out any money whatsoever for health insurance. It is the deadbeats way. It is why they are 'deadbeats'.

Old 02-27-2014, 11:35 AM

13,778 posts, read 9,661,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
I will say this: if I were a deadbeat, content on getting 'free' medical treatment at local county hospitals and clinics, I would very much hate to have to pay out any money whatsoever for health insurance. It is the deadbeats way. It is why they are 'deadbeats'.
It is exactly what most the right wing fringe, Obamacare haters on this thread have said and posted they will do.
Personal responsibility goes out the window when it comes to health care insurance. Personal responsibility only applies to those who have lost their job and need unemployment insurance, unwed mothers who need welfare, and seniors and poor who need food stamps.

Old 02-27-2014, 11:43 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,730,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
It is exactly what most the right wing fringe, Obamacare haters on this thread have said and posted they will do.
Personal responsibility goes out the window when it comes to health care insurance. Personal responsibility only applies to those who have lost their job and need unemployment insurance, unwed mothers who need welfare, and seniors and poor who need food stamps.
Personal responsibility is a good thing. Responsible to pay for everyone else is out of hand.

Old 02-27-2014, 12:07 PM

20,054 posts, read 18,281,090 times
Stepfather's niece paid $0 for a 2+ month NICU stay for her 3 month preemie because she was on Mediaid. Our 1 month NICU bill for our daughter was $80,000, of which we were responsible for $3,000. Private insurance footed at least 15K of that bill.

If you are going to have children, why not just quit your job, survive on 20K working as a pizza delivery person, take up cash only jobs on the side, get Medicaid/EBT/etc, then start trying for a baby? After you have all the children you want, return to your main career path.

Old 02-27-2014, 12:14 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,848,488 times
Its mostly younger people who thought it was single payer how realizing the true 'who pay" that are unhappy along with many employees who had Cadillac company plans finding they will lose them to avoid the Cadillac plan tax. Only happy is those who are heavily subsidized that didn't have insurance. I think as time goes o we will see exchanges taking burden off more and more companies who love ridden themselves of it and handing it over to government.Many have already changed benefits in general to maintain cost as allowed under law. No different than what has happened to pensions really .

Old 02-27-2014, 06:12 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,733,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
That is where you are wrong. I'm not going to pay for "health insurance", but that does not mean that I won't pay my own damn bills if I do have to go visit a doctor/hospital. That's what liberals do not seem to understand about the right. We'll pay, we just don't want to pay for you, as well. Earn your own keep.

Old 02-27-2014, 06:18 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
That is where you are wrong. I'm not going to pay for "health insurance", but that does not mean that I won't pay my own damn bills if I do have to go visit a doctor/hospital. That's what liberals do not seem to understand about the right. We'll pay, we just don't want to pay for you, as well. Earn your own keep.
Do you have a couple hundred thou at the ready?

Old 02-27-2014, 06:42 PM

1,199 posts, read 734,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
That is where you are wrong. I'm not going to pay for "health insurance", but that does not mean . at I won't pay my own damn bills if I do have to go visit a doctor/hospital. That's what liberals do not seem to understand about the right. We'll pay, we just don't want to pay for you, as well. Earn your own keep.
Yup because I am sure you can afford a six figure hospital bill after coming g down with a severe flu or a case of pneumonia. I am sure you will sell your house and pay off your bills correct? Or is your plan to declare bankruptcy and have premium paying individuals and tax payers pick up your slack?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies