Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2014, 06:07 PM

1,735 posts, read 1,769,853 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Think4Yourself View Post
The OP didn't tell you that the flag shirts were being used by racist groups who said they hated Latinos.

Gee, it looks like Edward left out pertinent information yet again.
Gee, it looks like you don't have any pertinent information. Yet again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2014, 06:07 PM

580 posts, read 449,883 times
My dog keeps going crazy whenever I open this thread...

Must be from all the whistles she keeps hearing...

Old 02-27-2014, 06:24 PM

9,470 posts, read 6,969,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Just a bunch of kids wearing American flag tee shirts for the express purpose of race baiting and picking a fight. Something I'm sure they learned from their fathers.
How is wearing the flag "race baiting"?

Old 02-27-2014, 06:42 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,003,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Americans wearing american flag tee shirts to school specifically on Cinco de Mayo is race baiting and trying to pick a fight.

Are you going to sit there at your keyboard and tell me that a bunch of students who specifically picked Cinco de Mayo to wear American flag tee shirts were not looking to start trouble?
Seems the school administration thought so.
Seems the 9th circuit court thought so.
Do you know better than them?
I used to actually respect your opinion..........didn't agree much at all.........but respected it. This post tells me you have lost your bearings.

Old 02-27-2014, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Where did you draw that conclusion?
The "learned from their fathers" part gets me too. Why can't US kids wear a US flag shirt no matter if it is cinco or not? How is that race baiting........how is that starting anything. I've about had it with all this insanity.

Old 02-27-2014, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
Anyone who is offended by the American flag should NOT be living in this country. Just sayin.
I agree..............

Old 02-27-2014, 07:14 PM

1,404 posts, read 1,031,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
It is if you only wear it to school on Cinco de Mayo and clap and chant USA! USA! at Hispanic students.
No, it isn't!

"This is the United States of America," said Kendall Jones, whose son, Daniel Galli, was one of the Live Oak students sent home. "The idea that it's offensive to wear patriotic clothing ... regardless of what day it is, is unconscionable to me."

I agree with him. If we have to put our patriotism away, depending on the day, we are screwed. People need to put their insane political correctness away, and put on a flag shirt. Just take a break and let people enjoy what little freedoms they have left.

"I can't fault the (9th Circuit) for this," said Eugene Volokh, a UCLA law professor. "But, boy, this is a pretty sad commentary. Here we have a school saying it's too dangerous for students to wear an American flag to an American school."

The unintended consequences of a public school system overrun with illegal immigrants. I hope this goes to the supreme court.

Last edited by surfman; 02-27-2014 at 07:24 PM..

Old 02-27-2014, 07:22 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,670,280 times
This is outrageous. I hope there's a revolt at the school. Everyone who is outraged by this decision should speak up, especially the students, parents, and teachers in the school district.

Old 02-27-2014, 07:27 PM

America has become AmeriKa. It really has. Schools are prisons to children anymore.............they even speak up they get smacked down by these teachers and admins who don't even want to hear anything other than do what I say. I have three kids who get all straight A's..........they hate school.........they aren't taught anything so when they say he can I stay home I say why not. It's a waste of time anymore. They don't teach........they push kids through. You are only taught to the level of the worst student in the class in public schools...........and hell I live in a respected district too who is thought of as a good system. It's a joke. Now you can't even wear a tshirt with a flag on it because it might **** somebody off? What the hell is that? Just insanity.

Old 02-27-2014, 07:28 PM

10,581 posts, read 9,783,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by surfman View Post
Here we have a school saying it's too dangerous for students to wear an American flag to an American school."
I remember when it was dangerous to threaten violence against your fellow students.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies