Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2014, 10:47 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,465,032 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
No but they shouldnt ASSUME things!
Neither should you/we. We have no details of what transpired, if there was conversation or a warning, or what the dash cam video will show. You and just about everyone else in this thread are jumping to conclusions based on ASSUMPTIONS.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2014, 07:51 AM

59,059 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strate L O S S View Post
why should he let them whack him?

these are 70 year olds, what kind of agility or strength would they have to attack a conscious young male ? stoppp
You obviously don 't know any 70 year old men. As I stated earlier I have friends over 70 who can still hit a golf ball over 220 yards.

Old 03-01-2014, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
No but they shouldnt ASSUME things!
Right, they should NOT assume and maybe get shot.

There are countless story's where a driver shot a police officer after a routine traffic stop.

I guess you don't care if a cop is shot or not.

Old 03-01-2014, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
Lol.

Long barrel. Yep, 70 year old sharp shooter looking for trouble.

Come to where you live
Your open hatred for police officers leave you with absolutely NO credibility on ANY police officer issue.

Old 03-01-2014, 08:11 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
When at 7:30 PM and dark out, a man grabs something with a long "barrel looking" object, you damn right I could be scared.

I tell you what Mr. Macho, you come to where I live and let some of these 70 year old men take turns whacking you with a cane and we will see how "macho" you REALLY are.
Here's the thing, though. The man in question wasn't whacking anyone with the cane based on the information to date.

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Why would he have his cane in the bed of the truck and not beside him. And why wouldn't he just tell the cop that he was getting his cane? Cops are not mind readers.
Though 70 is not ancient; perhaps the man doesn't realize that the cops of his younger days and the cops today - are two very different breeds. TODAY, the cops treat everyone as guilty until proven innocent. 70 year old doesn't realize how militarized our police force is.

Old 03-01-2014, 08:13 AM

8,793 posts, read 8,164,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
prosecute, convict and imprison the cop. this sort of behavior should never be tolerated by the taxpaying public.
Kidding?

No way this cop will be convicted of anything. Citizens are always guilty when dealing with cops unless they can prove otherwise.

Old 03-01-2014, 08:26 AM

8,793 posts, read 8,164,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Seventy year olds can't be violent with a gun? How about that Florida theater shooting.

Why on earth did this man get out of his truck when he was pulled over, much less start reaching for anything at all.

All of these stories of police shooting and beatings, every one, the person who was being stopped or apprehended did something totally stupid and dangerous.

Blue lights, stop the car, sit there with hands on steering wheel. Officer approaches window, open window half way, hand on wheel until he asks for license. If there is weapon in the car inform the officer. Show license and reg. Take ticket. Drive away slowly.
So, doing something stupid - or everyday normal - when dealing with cops is cause to be executed? How about we stop blaming the victims and stop hiring cowardly defective cops.

Old 03-01-2014, 10:00 AM

2,538 posts, read 4,711,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"What is "dangerous" about reaching for a cane?" Are you this ignorant of your OWN story?

I suggest you read what you posted before making a bigger fool of yourself.
The only one making of fool of themselves is you. Your fanatical defense of your blue gods is laughable. My guess is you are either a corrupt cop yourself or a cop wannabe.

Old 03-01-2014, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Here's the thing, though. The man in question wasn't whacking anyone with the cane based on the information to date.

Though 70 is not ancient; perhaps the man doesn't realize that the cops of his younger days and the cops today - are two very different breeds. TODAY, the cops treat everyone as guilty until proven innocent. 70 year old doesn't realize how militarized our police force is.
The real question is, when it is dark out a a person, no matter what the age, reaches into the back of his truck and grabs an item that COULD be a rifle, they had NO IDEA if it WAS a rifle or not, what would you do?

" TODAY, the cops treat everyone as guilty" This is YOUR personal OPINION. One which I vehemently disagree with.

There are MORE stories where a cop has been shot during a "normal" driver pull over, then cops shooting "without reason".

The driver did NOT use common sense. He should NOT have reached into the truck WITHOUT explaining to the cops what he was doing.

When you THINK someone MIGHT be grabbing a gun, you act accordingly.

And yes, I am reacting to a personal experience where a friend, a state trooper, was shot point blank into the chest during a normal stop for a traffic violation.

When you are stpped you sit there behind the wheel with BOYT hands on the steering wheel and don't move until told to do so.

You do NOT get out of the vehicle and you DEFIANTLY do NOT reach into the back of the truck in the dark and grab an item that COULD be a mistaken for a rifle.

Old 03-01-2014, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amabokcuf View Post
Or how about this 70 year old:
And Chuck Norris is 73.

I honestly think many on here who are hanging there hat on the age of 70 are very young and imagine a 70 year old as some decrepit old man.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies