Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2014, 09:34 AM

4,373 posts, read 3,229,363 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Yes, lets talk reading and reading comprehension:

The post just above yours.
Okay? Again, where did I say anything to the contrary of Democrats voting against it? Stop deflecting and learn reading comprehension.

Quote:
Damn, talk about getting stuff completely wrong.... I damn sure jacked that up....
Yeah you totally got it completely wrong. How you can jack up your own response is beyond me.

Reading comprehension - learn it, embrace it, deal with it.

If you did read my post (you didn't) you will CLEARLY see that I call out BOTH Republicans and Democrats. Nice try, buddy. Now go learn reading comprehension.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2014, 09:39 AM

46,289 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adiosToreador View Post
Okay? Again, where did I say anything to the contrary of Democrats voting against it? Stop deflecting and learn reading comprehension.

Yeah you totally got it completely wrong. How you can jack up your own response is beyond me.

Reading comprehension - learn it, embrace it, deal with it.

If you did read my post (you didn't) you will CLEARLY see that I call out BOTH Republicans and Democrats. Nice try, buddy. Now go learn reading comprehension.
Maybe it is hard to understand an apology...are you that aragont that you cannot see what that is (no need to answer that buddy, we see in your response)?

Yes, reading comprehension is something you should work on, you just don't have it, if I have to explain what I did above your post...

Old 02-28-2014, 09:39 AM

22,190 posts, read 19,466,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) moved Wednesday night to cut off debate on the bill and blocked consideration of amendments, including one on Iran sanctions demanded by Republicans. And on Thursday, Democrats came up four votes short of the 60 needed to keep the bill moving forward on a procedural budget vote.

Hmm. I wonder how many bills ole' HARRY HAS LET AMENDMENTS BY HIS FELLOW DEMS be allowed.

And I am SURE each amendment was associated with the primary bill.

I read somewhere that ole' harry has ONLY allowed 4 repub amendment since last July.

Amendments from both sides are allowed, but not an unending amount of Amendments. To top that off what the hell does Iran sanctions have to do with Veterans benefits?

Old 02-28-2014, 09:57 AM

4,373 posts, read 3,229,363 times
Quote:
Maybe it is hard to understand an apology...are you that aragont that you cannot see what that is (no need to answer that buddy, we see in your response)?
What are you even talking about anymore?

Quote:
Yes, reading comprehension is something you should work on, you just don't have it, if I have to explain what I did above your post...
Yes you should work on it. We agree on that. Not sure why you're demeaning yourself. Anyway, look I again clearly didn't state anything to the contrary of Democrats not voting on the bill. You deliberately chose to ignore that fact twice now. We're done here because you simply cannot grasp the simple concept of reading comprehension. I feel sorry for you.

Old 02-28-2014, 10:04 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,820,712 times
Quote:
So, it was all the repubs?

LOL...53 dem senators and 45 repub senators....

They were 4 votes short....so all dems voted for it....

I know this will be hard, but think about it....go ahead....if you are honest with yourself...

Even if ALL the repubs voted against it...well you figure it out...

LOL...what a waste of a thread....
Yes, chucksnee, you figure it out before you make assumptions and excuses for your pathetic party! U.S. Senate: Legislation & Records Home > Votes > Roll Call Vote

Old 02-28-2014, 10:06 AM

Senate GOP blocks Veteran's Benefit bill because no Iran sanctions-senate-vote.jpg

Here is the roll call of this vote. Seems to be a solid cut between party lines.

http://www.senate.gov/legislative/LI...n=2&vote=00046

Old 02-28-2014, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Pssstttttt...dems also voted against it....
Show us what Dems voted against it. Otherwise, please stop posting misinformation. We get enough of that from the Right and GOP.

Old 02-28-2014, 10:18 AM

39,078 posts, read 51,239,172 times
Republicans love war but find veterans a nuisance. Republicans have no problem sending young people to stupid wars, but when they come back hurt Republicans want nothing to do with them.

Old 02-28-2014, 10:20 AM

6,902 posts, read 7,539,013 times
I read through the roll call, didn't see any Nay's next to any democrats names.

Old 02-28-2014, 10:24 AM

13,778 posts, read 9,664,501 times
To set the record straight, even though I disagree with Chucksee on everything, He did correct his error. He did it rather obliquely rather than a short "I was wrong" but he did correct it in post 17, nonetheless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies