Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-01-2014, 12:31 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 23 days ago)

29,552 posts, read 16,542,682 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post
Where's the rest of that exchange?

All that clip shows is Romney walking back his assertion that Russia was the " greatest geopolitical threat to the US"

That wasn't true when Romney said it (which is why he had to clarify himself in that debate) and it isn't true today.
Doesnt matter what you say to him, he is still going to continue the flawed debate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2014, 12:33 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,222,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
First you guys make Palin out to be a foreign policy soothsayer, now Romney.

If they knew so much about what's going on a million miles away from here, why weren't they smart enough to come up with a better election strategy?

Why couldn't he predict that saying 47% blah, blah, blah was going to get him in hot water?
and you think Russia is a million miles away

Old 03-01-2014, 01:06 PM

1,404 posts, read 1,031,929 times
Quote:
First you guys make Palin out to be a foreign policy soothsayer, now Romney.

If they knew so much about what's going on a million miles away from here, why weren't they smart enough to come up with a better election strategy?

Why couldn't he predict that saying 47% blah, blah, blah was going to get him in hot water?
Russia... "a million miles away from here" ?

I've always said that smart people don't necessarily possess common sense. In this case, Obama was woefully wrong, which is nothing new to his M.O.

Obama is a smooth lawyer who knows how to campaign (non-stop) and win elections. He's never held a real job, or had to come up with a payroll. He has little, if any, business experience.

Romney isn't smooth, and is uncomfortable on the campaign trail. He tends to speak his mind, the truth, even if it means his own demise. He is well established as a businessman, and has never missed a payroll. He has created far more jobs than lost, regardless of what the left imply.

Even though I'm not an R or a D, I would much rather have had a strong businessman who knows how companies and countries run, than an ideologist who relies on lies and wishful thinking.

Old 03-01-2014, 01:12 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
It's a shame that Obama didn't learn from Bush's lessons esp. relating to Afghanistan. The country that no one including the US could pacify.
Nope. He learned nothing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed from California View Post
obambo has been on the wrong side of absolutely everything he's touched.

Putin knows what sort of little boy obambo is and has made obambo his beeyatch. Sadly, the world suffers for it.

Even Cankles couldn't have screwed up as badly as obambo.
So what should he do? What's your suggestion?
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
You picked a loser make peace with it and move on.
Really? Romney won?
Quote:
Putin has Obama in handcuffs because of his waffling in Syria. Presumably Romney wouldn't waffle on such matters and a decisive course of action would have taken place in Syria that wold not have required Russian help.

Also don't underestimate the value of words. For better or worse Bush's words were backed by action. Obama's not so much and best believe folks around the globe take note of that. He abandoned Mubarek now look at Egypt. The Saudis are so besides themselves over Obama they are turning to Israel, Israel of all countries.
Bush's words were backed by action? Really?

Did he stop the Iranians from their nuclear ambitions despite all of his huffing and puffing.

Quote:
There are more courses of actions beside military action. These things are complex and are not given to simple what if answers. Every geopolitical action is met with multiple counter actions. The world is a giant complex exercise in game theory.

Obama's reflexive dismissal of Romney during the debate revealed to me he has failed. He's not a deep thinker about these issues just talks in soaring rhetoric.

While it is certainly possible to disagree with the contention that Russia is our biggest geopolitical foe anyone who has studied it wouldn't be so dismissive. They may come back and argue China or some collection of Middle Eastern countries are our biggest foe but they would never have dismissed Russia.
In other words, you have no idea what Obama could or should do.

I knew that already of course.
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Palin knew a lot more than Obama did obviously.

Obama keeps getting caught with his pants down. He had zero clue on the problems of the world.
Palin didn't know enough to help McCain, did she?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddy52 View Post
Never send a " community organizer" to run a country.

He has no credentials.

( and it shows )
What would Romney have done?

Old 03-01-2014, 01:14 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by surfman View Post

I've always said that smart people don't necessarily possess common sense. In this case, Obama was woefully wrong, which is nothing new to his M.O.

Obama is a smooth lawyer who knows how to campaign (non-stop) and win elections. He's never held a real job, or had to come up with a payroll. He has little, if any, business experience.

Romney isn't smooth, and is uncomfortable on the campaign trail. He tends to speak his mind, the truth, even if it means his own demise. He is well established as a businessman, and has never missed a payroll. He has created far more jobs than lost, regardless of what the left imply.

Even though I'm not an R or a D, I would much rather have had a strong businessman who knows how companies and countries run, than an ideologist who relies on lies and wishful thinking.
What proof do you have that he knows how to run a country?

You guys (yeah...you're an R) said that Bush knew how to run a country too.

Old 03-01-2014, 01:21 PM

4,088 posts, read 4,388,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by surfman View Post

Romney's FP team was shaping up to be GWB II- not the smart ones (Hadley and Rice), but the dumb ones, Bolton and Pfieff.

America dodged a bullet when we re-elected Obama.

Old 03-01-2014, 01:25 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,954,135 times
With Putin as President, it looks like we are going back to the old cold war days. SSDD.

Old 03-01-2014, 01:26 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,948,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post

America dodged a bullet when we re-elected Obama.
Joke of the Day!

Old 03-01-2014, 01:27 PM

182 posts, read 195,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
With Putin as President, it looks like we are going back to the old cold war days. SSDD.
Yup, classic USA meddling in other peoples business.

Old 03-01-2014, 01:32 PM

1,404 posts, read 1,031,929 times
Quote:
What proof do you have that he knows how to run a country?

You guys (yeah...you're an R) said that Bush knew how to run a country too.
I can see you base your opinions on assumptions. Bush paid for Clintons mismanagement (Glass-Steagall) and 911 (Clinton had Bin Laden 6 times). BUsh actually did a good job of running the country, but a lousy job at defending it and the Constitution. You must be proud of how Obama has codified EVERYTHING GWB did.

If he (Romney) could save the Olympics and create a multi-billion corporation, then it follows he could manage a country. This is the logical assumption.

Please explain your rationale for believing Obama could manage this country. This is an irrational assumption.

At this point I'd rather see Kucinich in office than any Dem or Republican, and I hate Kucinich.

Rand Paul 2016
No, I'm NOT a Republican

Last edited by surfman; 03-01-2014 at 01:48 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies