Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who suffers the most racism in 2014 in the U.S.?
Black people suffer the most racism, by far. 54 42.19%
White people suffer the most racism, by far. 38 29.69%
Both suffer similar amounts of racism, but different kinds. 31 24.22%
I don't know / Other 5 3.91%
Voters: 128. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2014, 11:44 PM

32,059 posts, read 15,040,845 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by juppiter View Post
Also we never had people questioning where a President was born until the President was black.
That's when all the closet racists came out.

Old 03-01-2014, 11:46 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 17 days ago)

29,548 posts, read 16,528,077 times
I think one of these days we should define racism in the OP.

Calming someone racist is not being racist( "You called me a racist, that means you are a real racist")

Disagreeing with some one's ideology is also not being racist ( " i believe that Barack Obama is a bad President not because he is black, but because i subscribe to a conservative ideology that calls for a different way of governing this nation" )

Old 03-02-2014, 01:17 AM

8,572 posts, read 8,530,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Whites suffer more racism and backlash. One can't even join a group for lower taxes without being called a racist.. world.

Oh those middle class black folks just love paying income tax.

Old 03-02-2014, 01:32 AM

5,738 posts, read 5,440,415 times
Equal, but racism against blacks tends to have greater consequences that can show up in statistics (longer prison sentences for the same crime, less likely to get jobs, etc.)

Old 03-02-2014, 01:37 AM

128 posts, read 122,871 times
There's a difference between the purported discrimination of non-black people by black people, and the institutionalized racism in our system that is quantifiable that affects black people.

That being said, it seems like everyone likes to play the victim these days.

Old 03-02-2014, 01:38 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,855,940 times
Racism requires power. Generally speaking black people don't have it. It is virtually impossible for there to be racism against white people in the US. As long as white is considered the "default" culture racism doesn't go away. That doesn't mean that white people aren't discriminated against, in some cases. But the phrase "white is right" didn't come about in a vacuum

Old 03-02-2014, 04:15 AM

3,009 posts, read 3,641,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Racism requires power. Generally speaking black people don't have it. It is virtually impossible for there to be racism against white people in the US. As long as white is considered the "default" culture racism doesn't go away. That doesn't mean that white people aren't discriminated against, in some cases. But the phrase "white is right" didn't come about in a vacuum
Good points

The projections show that by 2050:

Whites who are not Hispanic, now two-thirds of the population, will become a minority when their share drops to 47%. They made up 85% of the population in 1960.

Hispanics, already the largest minority group, will more than double their share of the population to 29%.

Blacks will remain 13% of the population. Asians will go to 9% from 5%.

Than as soon the Asian american pass black in population % .

MY point being that black people well some of them will always blame white people for there problems and in 2050 they will blame Asians and Hispanics are holding them back.

I think the reason why some many blacks are mad is that they are losing there power and voice in America. The Asians and Hispanics are passing them and beating then in school and in other areas.

Old 03-02-2014, 04:24 AM

2,523 posts, read 2,202,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krieger00 View Post
Good points

The projections show that by 2050:

Whites who are not Hispanic, now two-thirds of the population, will become a minority when their share drops to 47%. They made up 85% of the population in 1960.

Hispanics, already the largest minority group, will more than double their share of the population to 29%.

Blacks will remain 13% of the population. Asians will go to 9% from 5%.

Than as soon the Asian american pass black in population % .

MY point being that black people well some of them will always blame white people for there problems and in 2050 they will blame Asians and Hispanics are holding them back.

I think the reason why some many blacks are mad is that they are losing there power and voice in America. The Asians and Hispanics are passing them and beating then in school and in other areas.
Pretty sure white are the only ones crying about losing power.

Old 03-02-2014, 05:05 AM

4,749 posts, read 4,320,502 times
I never noticed racism until President Obama was elected, and I'm a black female. No one ever questioned a President's place of birth until President Obama came in. I think that has a lot to due with his first and middle name. Maybe it's because I wasn't aware, but I strongly believe that the closeted racists are willing to to speak their mind these days. I make an effort to not **** anyone off because you never know when they might pull a George Zimmerman or a Michael Dunn and shoot your ass.

I feel that blacks receive racism and whites receive racial prejudice. And I admit to it to holding prejudices against whites who stare at me, follow me around in a store, don't greet me but greet the white customer that enters after me, and who speed up and constantly look behind them if I'm walking behind them. I think that they believe that I'm up to something; therefore, I label them as racist or racially insensitive. There are also some whites that constantly clear their throat when a black person is around; I don't get that.

A black man will get a longer or more harsh sentence. Don't even get me started on police brutality (two words: Rodney King). Or even bigger, injustice: (Kendrick Johnson, Alfred White, etc.)

Old 03-02-2014, 05:24 AM

12,954 posts, read 13,665,225 times
This is easy, Do you want; organizations, police, courts, banks, institutions, landlords, supervisors and bosses to treat you as if you are black or white?
Dealing with racism means you don’t care how your co-worker treats you; it’s your boss’s attitude that bothers you.
You don't care how a bank teller treats you; it’s the loan officer you worry about.
You don’t care how your neighbors treat you; it’s your landlord that you worry about.
You don’t care if other students’ think you don't belong there, it’s the teacher you have to convince.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies