Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2014, 11:25 PM

1,347 posts, read 950,727 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
Oh boy, der, I dunno maybe algebra? University? Optics? Astronomy? Hospitals? The crank?

I don't have time to list the accomplishments of a 1400 year old people.

Cripes, Max.
Algebra came from India. Astronomy existed long before islam, as did optics, which is a Greek word. By the way, his question of what have muslims achieved in the last 100 years is a good one, and the answer is not much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2014, 11:26 PM

31,896 posts, read 14,881,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadisonR View Post
And muslims are also responsible for much of the world's largest massacres, destruction and elimination of hundreds of civilizations, and most muslim-majority countries for the last 1,000 years have been repressive sh-tholes with no freedom whose treatment of minorities and women have been horrific.

When one rightfully stops seeing islam as a religion, but as a death cult, it becomes clear that it can be banned. It is a cancerous, diseased ideology of hate and violence that should be eradicated.

I know a few muslim families and they are nothing like you say. They are wonderful people who contribute a lot to our community. You are the one promoting hate and intolerance. You seem to be the cancerous one. Stop judging the whole and see the individual.

Old 03-01-2014, 11:30 PM

Quote:
There isn't much in the last century. Hard to get things done with the west meddling in your business, no?
SMH, the pathetic excuses for muslims knows no bounds. Typical liberal utter garbage; it's always someone else's fault.

Arab muslims have trillions rolling into their coffers from oil, and could be building incredible university centers, but no, what do they do with the money? They build palaces, fake islands, indoor ski resorts in desert climates, etc.

This is the kind of poster who I just detest, and will go straight to my ignore box with more of that crap.

Old 03-01-2014, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
[/b]

I know a few muslim families and they are nothing like you say. They are wonderful people who contribute a lot to our community. You are the one promoting hate and intolerance. You seem to be the cancerous one. Stop judging the whole and see the individual.
I did not say ban/eradicate the people, it is the death cult being practiced called "Islam" which is the problem. No different than Scientology, which BTW was banned in parts of Europe, islam is a death cult masquerading as a religion. Once it is no longer practiced, I will not have the same issue with muslims.

Old 03-01-2014, 11:39 PM

182 posts, read 194,555 times
I read this great piece a few weeks ago. Think it explains Islam pretty well for westerners like us

http://www.faithfreedom.org/Articles/Ohmyrus20925.htm

Old 03-01-2014, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadisonR View Post
I did not say ban/eradicate the people, it is the death cult being practiced called "Islam" which is the problem. No different than Scientology, which BTW was banned in parts of Europe, islam is a death cult masquerading as a religion. Once it is no longer practiced, I will not have the same issue with muslims.

You are comparing Islam to Scientology One is made up and one has been around for centuries

Old 03-01-2014, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amabokcuf View Post
So you're saying islam isn't made up? That means you're a muslim doesn't it?

I guess all religions are made up aren't they. Sorry not a muslim. I'm catholic.

Old 03-02-2014, 12:32 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,499,949 times
Quote:
Oh boy, der, I dunno maybe algebra? University? Optics? Astronomy? Hospitals? The crank?

I don't have time to list the accomplishments of a 1400 year old people.

Cripes, Max.
Muslims didn't invent any of those. They've only been around 1400 years. Some of what you listed goes back to ancient times, before Christianity even.

Old 03-02-2014, 12:34 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,499,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
so because a few radicals in the world create mayhem, you want to ban an entire religion, and you have no clue about the religion itself. islam has contributed to the world, all religions have, and i am not talking just about death and destruction either. you might want to study up on islam, before you decide to want to ban an entire religion. and by the way, if you think things are bad now with the nation of islam, wait until you try to ban it.
A few radicals?????? You mean a large number of radicals. Mohammed himself was a very violent killer who raped the widows of men he slaughtered.

Old 03-02-2014, 02:47 AM

91 posts, read 71,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Well I guess they shouldn't be police then. Or they should be better trained. Honestly, this happened so fast I don't think anything could have stopped this attack.
The attack was stopped actually, and it was because the attackers were shot (with guns).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies