Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2014, 08:14 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,198,807 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post
More so than Obama? Definitely, just by the fact alone that Romney actually recognized Russia as still being a potential threat to democracy and stability in that part of the world.
And Romney occasionaly keeps his word...

Old 03-03-2014, 08:14 AM

16,759 posts, read 8,214,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
[youtube]
=T1409sXBleg[youtube]
That smarmy little twerp just drones on and on and on..........Boy how wrong that this guy has turned out to be.......

[youtube]
=OHDASkfrFUg[youtube]

Romney looks like a freakin' genius now, doesn't he??

I regular Nostradomus!! Wow...........

And this President wants to take our troop levels down to PRE-WWII LEVELS!!!!!!!!!
If Romney were elected you would be hearing a call to war right now. Already in these pages there is a call to reinstate the draft (which the majority of the people over 55 had at one time in their lives were against ). Romney and his plans during the campaign would have forced the need for a draft or an increase in the wage scale of the military. Overall the increased expense would have driven the nation to higher deficits and weakened the USA overall.

Best thing that happened was he was wrong overall and lost

Old 03-03-2014, 08:15 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,402,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West Coast Republican View Post
Look liberals, just accept the fact that Palin was right and not a total moron like you thought she was. Maybe you should write her an apology? It's okay to admit that she would have been a better leader and done a better job handling this situation than Obama.

Look Republicans, just accept the fact that Palin is not, was never, and will never be a geostrategic or foreign policy expert.

She was a mayor of a small town and the part time governor of a small state. The day she is seriously looked to for foreign policy advice or predictions and realpolitik discussion is the day we might as well hand the keys of the country over to Canada.

Old 03-03-2014, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post

He was right overall and got sunk by Hurricane Sandy and Christie.

Old 03-03-2014, 08:16 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Yeah, i know about the Budepest Memorandum. Big deal.

It's binding, but hardly enforceable.

I mean, do YOU wanna go to war to protect the integrity of Ukrainian borders?

If so, i'll guarantee you that you're in a very tiny minority.
I don't want to go to war but Clinton signed an agreement for Ukraine to give up their defense. Why couldn't he just stay out of it and Ukraine wouldn't be looking for the U.S. to "keep their word".

Old 03-03-2014, 08:18 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
If Romney were elected you would be hearing a call to war right now. Already in these pages there is a call to reinstate the draft (which the majority of the people over 55 had at one time in their lives were against ). Romney and his plans during the campaign would have forced the need for a draft or an increase in the wage scale of the military. Overall the increased expense would have driven the nation to higher deficits and weakened the USA overall.

Peace through Strength.
-- M. Romney

Nah, Russia is no problem. Downsize our military, give up your defenses.
-- B. Obama

The U.S. and Britain “reaffirmed” their commitment to protect Ukraine’s borders in exchange for the nation giving up its nuclear weapons
-- B. Clinton

Old 03-03-2014, 08:19 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,678,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Uhh...pre WW2 we didn't have things like Nukes, fighter jets, drones, or aircraft carriers.

We have that stuff now. Don't need as many troops
Can't refute that Romney was spot on, so you try and deflect.

Back in WWII we did not have as many soldiers in non combat support rolls either. Back in the old days we had a much higher ratio of infantry troops, as a percentage of total troops. With 400,000 soldiers, and all the high tech desk jockeys and technicians, we'd be lucky to field about 90,000 actual ground pounding, gun toting, infantrymen.

Old 03-03-2014, 08:19 AM

392 posts, read 352,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by btownboss4 View Post
The US, started as the UK so would you be alright with the British army taking over Maine?
Now you are splitting hairs and comparing apples to grape fruit. My father was an old school guy from Russia...my mother was from the Ukraine...BOTH considered themselves Russians. The Ukraine has always been a neglected part of Russia. I can understand how the Ukrainians would want a better life...BUT they are not going to get it by belonging to the new world order which is in part the European Union. What you have are fascists pitted against former communists who are now nothing more than mafia. Corruption has always been the problem.

When a generation grows up under communism...secular humanism and a lack of morals is the result. All modern Russians are concerned about these days is money. They don't care how they get it...Imagine a huge empire that was based in Christianity...going through a 70 year period of atheism...the results for a generation born under this system is not positive.

In my childhood I met Russians who were the last of the pre-revolution class. They were intelligent people with ethics...today I do not see that in modern Russians. Getting back to the issue of the Ukraine....those who are not familiar with Russian culture and history can not get a grasp on the idea that the Ukraine...is not some separate country...or culture....This is NOT about some strangers coming into the Ukrainian realm...it is like cousins or brothers meddling in family matters.

Obama is actually quite ignorant of the real situation. A great example is when the USA invaded Iraq and caused a further mess in Afghanistan. Most leaders in America did not even know where Iraq was on the map but foolishly thought that they were knowledgeable regarding the issues. All of the uprisings and turmoil we see in the world as of late is imported and an intentional disruption of other peoples in some pie in the sky hope of world dominance....Nations are like families....they need privacy and walls.

Liberal progressives and others believe they can make a better world....they should mind their own business and take care of their own nations...their own national families...What goes on in the Ukraine is the business of those in Kiev and in Moscow....Not Berlin...and certainly not Washington.

Old 03-03-2014, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
I don't want to go to war but Clinton signed an agreement for Ukraine to give up their defense. Why couldn't he just stay out of it and Ukraine wouldn't be looking for the U.S. to "keep their word".
Why haven't we been prepared to keep our word? Obama has totaly ignored our partnership with Britain and I doubt that they'll be willing to help us now with anything.

Old 03-03-2014, 08:24 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,678,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Peace through Strength.
-- M. Romney

Nah, Russia is no problem. Downsize our military, give up your defenses.
-- B. Obama
more like...

Peace through Strength.
-- M. Romney

Nah, hand me my 7 iron shot, I'll try and get back on the fairway.
-- B. Obama
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies