Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-02-2014, 03:42 PM

1,138 posts, read 1,042,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
If you're a Christian, nobody is stopping you from making a big blockbuster movie.
Only if there is a large profit return.

However Hollywood does discriminate against open Christians and conservatives. This has been well documented countless times and you can research it yourself. If you are an open Christian or express Christian beliefs, you will have a hard time finding employment in the industry. Same goes for conservatives. It will be hard to find someone to fund and produce your films.

There are a lot of Christians and conservatives in Hollywood, but most of them keep it on the down-low and simply don't talk about it. There are a few who are can because they are established, but aside from that you rarely ever see an actor or director express a Christian or conservative belief. 90%+ of the time it's liberal or atheistic/secular.

Hell there is even a group in Hollywood called The Friends of Abe, which was founded by conservative actors and a directors as a group to help other conservatives from the liberal bias in Hollywood.

Old 03-02-2014, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
So, in your opinion, a Christian business owner should not run his business according to Christian principles?

Why is it that Christians are the only ones seen as intolerant? You seem pretty intolerant to me.
Christianphobia that is why. They are hateful bigots against Christians.

Odd how there is no such official term for haters of Christians. They have homophobe, Islamaphobe etc... But not Christianphobes. Wonder why? Double standards.

I'm going to start using that term. I just made it up but it exists and there are certainly people it applies to. I encourage everyone else to start using it against haters of Christians and Christianity.

Old 03-02-2014, 03:53 PM

5,913 posts, read 3,185,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West Coast Republican View Post
Lol look at this.... Unfair accusations. This is why your side loses credibility.

''You people ''? Lol what does that mean? And' 'having a right to hate''? LMAO!

I don't hate gay people at all. I love and respect them like everyone else. I simply disagree with their lifestyle for Religious and obvious Natural reasons. That's my right. That doesn't mean I hate them.

Such dumb arguments. Anyone who disagrees must hate me.... That's notttolerance or open minded, that's being a true bigot.
I'm just saying that, like Nazis, you can hate all you want. Nobody is stopping you as long as you do not act on it. Or, if you don't call it hate but "disagreement" then so be it. It does not matter. Keep in mind, people that disagree do not try to pass or support laws that will allow discrimination.

Interesting. I don't think you love and respect gay people. If you did, you would not have to keep defending your position. It is not a lifestyle and religion is irrelevant in the public sphere. Also, what is natural? Hey, I was walking in the woods last year and found my laptop growing on a tree.

I really think you are a little too obsessed with this subject. I hope you find peace in happiness sometime in your life. The vitriol you spew is not conducive to a well balanced life. I do feel sorry for you. If you are one of those gay people that "chose" to be straight I truly hope you see the light someday and accept yourself for who you are. If I am off base here, then I apologize.

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday!

Old 03-02-2014, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
I'm just saying that, like Nazis, you can hate all you want. Nobody is stopping you as long as you do not act on it. Or, if you don't call it hate but "disagreement" then so be it. It does not matter. Keep in mind, people that disagree do not try to pass or support laws that will allow discrimination.

Interesting. I don't think you love and respect gay people. If you did, you would not have to keep defending your position. It is not a lifestyle and religion is irrelevant in the public sphere. Also, what is natural? Hey, I was walking in the woods last year and found my laptop growing on a tree.

I really think you are a little too obsessed with this subject. I hope you find peace in happiness sometime in your life. The vitriol you spew is not conducive to a well balanced life. I do feel sorry for you. If you are one of those gay people that "chose" to be straight I truly hope you see the light someday and accept yourself for who you are. If I am off base here, then I apologize.

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday!
Lol such nonsense...

For the last time I do not hate gays. And comparing me to a Nazi is downright stupid and wrong, especially as I am of Jewish descent (I'm a former Jew who converted to Christianity).

You guys are the ones obsessed, seeing as how this thread wasn't about homosexuals or gay marriage to begin with. You turned it into that.

I'm done responding to you. You're not interested in discussing, just in trolling and name calling.

Old 03-02-2014, 04:01 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,207,708 times
I find all of this amusing
the one's who claim Christians hate at the same time hate Christians
why should anyone force others who see this differently want to shut a business down?
if someone does not want my business then I sure as hell do not want to give them my hard earned money
this is about resentment and getting even
most gay folks are not going to sue someone over a picture or a stupid cake
good grief

Old 03-02-2014, 04:23 PM

57,269 posts, read 26,199,434 times
I have trouble understanding why it is so difficult to just bake a cake for a gay couple, is it just the fact that they were gay or the design of the wedding cake, I assume the only difference would be figurines on top.

How far do the owners go with denying services based on their religion, do they also consistently refuse people that are living out of wedlock, people that sleep around, thieves, wife beaters. Does religion only come into play for gays.

Old 03-02-2014, 04:29 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,323,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I have trouble understanding why it is so difficult to just bake a cake for a gay couple, is it just the fact that they were gay or the design of the wedding cake, I assume the only difference would be figurines on top.

How far do the owners go with denying services based on their religion, do they also consistently refuse people that are living out of wedlock, people that sleep around, thieves, wife beaters. Does religion only come into play for gays.
Yes. Always.

Old 03-02-2014, 04:30 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,205,611 times
Quote:
You, as always in the past, refuse to understand the difference between providing a custom service, and an "off the shelf" product.

The baker provided custom cakes. Works of art, if you will. No one has the right to compel anyone to produce such a custom product for anyone, for whatever reason. Period.

I will not argue this point with you again. You willfully refuse to understand the difference and continue to revert to your irrelevant argument.
And the baker CHOSE to offer custom cakes in their store, no one forced them to do so. But since the bakery CHOSE to offer custom cakes for sale, then they can not discriminate in who they sell those cakes to.

If a butcher CHOSE to sell custom cuts of meat, he could not refuse to sell those custom cuts of meat to the general public.
If a auto body guy offered custom paint jobs, he could not refuse to sell custom paint jobs to the general public.

If the baker can not serve the general public, then he should not offer cakes for sale to the general public.

Old 03-02-2014, 04:33 PM

Quote:
I don't think you understand the meaning of the term.
Quote:
sanc·ti·fy transitive verb \-ˌfī\
: to make (something) holy

: to give official acceptance or approval to (something)
A baker does not make anything holy, and no one is asking for the bakers approval of their marriage. People go to a baker to buy a cake.

Old 03-02-2014, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Good point. Why doesn't a "gay" baker open a bakery serving the needs of the "gay community?"

Why did this pair determine to select this bakery, when, surely there were others? They were targeted specifically, that's why. There was a political score to be made.

This is a full scale war against our society, and against Christians in particular.
They chose this bakery because one of their mothers used this bakery for their wedding and they liked the results.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies