Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-09-2014, 08:24 PM

10,239 posts, read 19,610,755 times

Advertisements

Quote:
=TheDragonslayer;33811377]BALONEY, you have a persecution complex, that is what your problem is. I am gay and part jewish, I am not anti semetic at all. It is you that is anti gay with an agenda to defame all gay people. Get some help for your problem.
LMAO. THIS post is a perfect example of what I (and others) have noted in that those who piously claim to be the most "tolerant" are so often the most intolerant of all.

Ahhhh, so you say, DS?...that YOU are not anti-semetic? But yet, you can say with certainty that NY Jew is hateful and anti-gay? (whatever the hell that means) I didn't see a single thing he said that would indicate the guy "hates" gays.

But yeah, ok...as brought up before, the ONLY way it seems that so many of the "gay-rights" crowd can make their points is to ascribe hateful motivations to those who disagree with them.

How dammed pathetic and stupid and groundless and nauseating...If that bunch had any real pride at all, y'all would be ashamed to resort to such cheap tactics... .

Old 03-09-2014, 08:32 PM

11,222 posts, read 16,430,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasReb View Post
LMAO. THIS post is a perfect example of what I (and others) have noted in that those who piously claim to be the most "tolerant" are so often the most intolerant of all.

Ahhhh, so you say, DS?...that YOU are not anti-semetic? But yet, you can say with certainty that NY Jew is hateful and anti-gay? (whatever the hell that means) I didn't see a single thing he said that would indicate the guy "hates" gays.

But yeah, ok...as brought up before, the ONLY way it seems that so many of the "gay-rights" crowd can make their points is to ascribe hateful motivations to those who disagree with them.

How dammed pathetic and stupid and groundless and nauseating...If that bunch had any real pride at all, y'all would be ashamed to resort to such cheap tactics... .

Uh...well, he did call gays terrorists, and said they need to be poisined. lol

Old 03-09-2014, 08:36 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,945,990 times
I have a question.

Since the first state to have legalized same-sex marriage was Massachusetts, in 2004 - ten years ago - how many bakeries have been closed down in that state since then? Have there been any bakeries slapped with a fine, or sued for that reason in the last ten years?

Massachusetts is not an insignificant state: with a population of about 6.7 million people it ranks at #14 in the list of US states. I'm sure there are bakeries that have not created cakes for legal same-sex weddings, and I'm sure there were bakeries that did provide that product to paying customers.

So, I guess my point is, everyone is getting emotional and indignant over a rather unimportant or unusual controversy. Now same-sex marriage is legal in 17 states, DC, and on the tribal reservations of several Native American Indian nations. Not to mention Canada. Or parts of Mexico.

This is not such a big deal.

Just my opinion.

Enjoy your evening!

Old 03-09-2014, 08:38 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,327,358 times
Quote:

He said he would poison them. Nothing hateful about that.

Old 03-09-2014, 08:49 PM

10,239 posts, read 19,610,755 times
Oh spare me, please. I know all about the Public Accommodation section and Title 9 and etc, etc....

But just because something is THE LAW, doesn't bestow any special majesty nor wisdom upon it. As said earlier, in picked from the Charles Dickens novel "Oliver Twist"? And remembering Mr. Bumble? The latter said something like: "If the law says this sir, then the law is an ass..."

Any law which forces a private business owner to have to surrender their own 1st amendment rights to the whim and backing of, respectively, a dissatisfied plantiff then an unelected judge/panel of them, is a stupid and intrusive law, and is totally at odds with the classic notions of freedom.

Was there anything printed on the wall? Probably not...but ahhhhh, how sad...them guys didn't see the proverbial "writing on the wall."

But whatever...if y'all (as in those you seem to claim to speak for) are that are somewhat to the point it must be along the lines of that spilling hot coffee in the lap might result in burns? Well heck...I don't know what else to say. Although *afterthought?*....I can't say it really surprises me much, either....

Finally, you are right. Some Christians have no problem with gay couples (and my own feelings depend upon the attitude of the "gay couple"...I don't accept homosexual marriage but have no problem with civil union). So what??? Is this observation some sort of blinding and insightful revelation???

Regardless...Have a good evening!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Because NO business of public accommodation (that includes bakeries) can discriminate based on sexual orientation in that state. How were they supposed to "know" the bakers religious beliefs anyways? Did the baker make it a point to share his religious beliefs with any and every one? Some Christians have no problems with same sex couples. Was there a list of his beliefs printed on the wall of the bakery?

The couple filed a complaint with the states anti discrimination division, because the bakery was BREAKING THE LAW of the state.

When you open a business that is considered a public accommodation, you can not refuse service based on race, religion, gender, and in some states sexual orientation. If you can not follow the same laws that every other business has to follow, because of your religious beliefs, then DON"T OPEN A BUSINESS.
Your personal religious beliefs do not trump the laws of a state, and are not a get out of jail free card.

Old 03-09-2014, 08:53 PM

3,304 posts, read 2,173,155 times
If someone wants a baker to make a cake of a man humping another man and the baker refuses, is he to be punished by the law? Where does it end? Why should a person be forced to do work for anyone? Business should be voluntary. It's insane that some think that it's acceptable to make people do work against their own wishes.

Old 03-09-2014, 08:54 PM

3,550 posts, read 2,557,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
....or the right to poison people they don't approve of.
who are trying to force me to violate my religion.

if gay terrorists feared death for suing people over gay "Wedding" cakes this assault on the first amendment would end.

1950's homosexuality is a crime in all of the country
1960's states start stripping criminals sanctions and gays riot
1970's gays start demanding that they "only" want to live and let live, then start pushing "anti discrimination laws" that are "only" supposed to protect them from getting fired or not get an apartment
1980's gays continue to pass such legislation across the country assuring that they "only" wanted "protection",
1990's gays formally start to push their proganada in the school system (eg. Harriet has 2 Mothers), start "only" pushing for Civil Unions/Domestic Partnerships, many times making assurances that they did not want "marriage"
2000's illegally start getting "marriages" and start suing people who refuse to help out in "marriages" even in states that didn't recognize same sex "marriages" yet still assuring everybody that they "only" want "protection"
2010's continue getting "marriages" through any means possible including attorney Generals violating their oaths to defend their states Constitution, religious people are now regularly being sued and loosing for not helping same sex "Weddings" (cakes, wedding halls), states try and pass laws that would force religious schools to accept homosexuality (PA for example)
2020's refusing to teach homosexuality in private schools (even religious ones) will have the goverment force the school to close, not helping out a same gender "Wedding" results in mandatory jail sentences, people are starting to get find if they even say that homosexuality is wrong, teaching children that homosexuality is wrong will get your children taken away from you for "brainwashing your kids with homophobia"
2030's people who oppose homosexuality in way get a life time sentence to a work-camp to work till they die, including parents who don't show sufficient happiness that their child had a same sex "marriage".

Old 03-09-2014, 09:04 PM

3,550 posts, read 2,557,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
Uh...well, he did call gays terrorists, and said they need to be poisined. lol
who said all gay terrorist considered themselves gay

Isabella has a son named James.
James is "marrying" Bill
Isabella and James walk in to my bakery and ask me to bake them a cake for the "Wedding", I say no because it's against my religion, James decides to leave it be however Isabella sues my bakery over my "discrimination" against her son.

Isabella is a gay terrorist, James is not.

Old 03-09-2014, 09:09 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,211,524 times
Quote:
Oh spare me, please. I know all about the Public Accommodation section and Title 9 and etc, etc....

But just because something is THE LAW, doesn't bestow any special majesty nor wisdom upon it. As said earlier, in picked from the Charles Dickens novel "Oliver Twist"? And remembering Mr. Bumble? The latter said something like: "If the law says this sir, then the law is an ass..."

Any law which forces a private business owner to have to surrender their own 1st amendment rights to the whim and backing of, respectively, a dissatisfied plantiff then an unelected judge/panel of them, is a stupid and intrusive law, and is totally at odds with the classic notions of freedom.

Was there anything printed on the wall? Probably not...but ahhhhh, how sad...them guys didn't see the proverbial "writing on the wall."

But whatever...if y'all (as in those you seem to claim to speak for) are that are somewhat to the point it must be along the lines of that spilling hot coffee in the lap might result in burns? Well heck...I don't know what else to say. Although *afterthought?*....I can't say it really surprises me much, either....

Finally, you are right. Some Christians have no problem with gay couples (and my own feelings depend upon the attitude of the "gay couple"...I don't accept homosexual marriage but have no problem with civil union). So what??? Is this observation some sort of blinding and insightful revelation???

Regardless...Have a good evening!
"just because something is THE LAW, doesn't bestow any special majesty nor wisdom upon it." You mean like the gender restrictions on civil marriage?

Old 03-09-2014, 09:10 PM

6,414 posts, read 10,493,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Jew View Post
which part of this do you not get
logical proof that gay "rights" = antisemitism

1. not allowing Jews who follow Judaism to enter the catering businesses is antisemitic
2. it's forbidden according Jewish Law to ever cater a same sex "wedding" even under penalty of death
3. gay "rights" laws (if sued by a gay "Terrorists") would force Jewish Caterers to cater such a "Wedding"
which part of that do you not understand?

to make illustrate further just how antisemitic gay rights laws are
4. Not Allowing a Jew who follows Judaism to have any caterer at his wedding is antisemitic
5. Jews can only to eat kosher
6. in kosher laws there is a principal of trustability in certain things that only applies to religious jews.
7. Someone who agrees to cater (this includes the kosher supervisor) a same sex "Wedding" will lose that status.
8. if every single gay terrorist would sue every single Kosher catering company and either force them to shut down or no longer be kosher no Jew would ever be able to have a kosher caterer at their wedding.
You are delusional, none of these laws are against Jews, you just have a persectution complex. You need mental help, dear, before you self destruct.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies