Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2014, 01:07 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,828,087 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
What a disgusting sentiment. You understand that James Brady was shot in the head defending Reagan and was injured for life? Are gun nuts not only nuts but also rude boors? Maybe some day you will have the experience of your spouse, daughter, son, mother, father being shot in the head and understand that this is not something that warrants attempts at weak political jokes.

Well that "gun nut" reference didn't take long; can the rest of the herd be far behind?

Sarah Brady, along with Carolyn McCarthy and some (the ones we hear about) Sandy Hook parents, have become one-trick ponies, pushing their anti-gun agenda at every turn. 9/11 survivors and relatives of plane crash victims even try to restrict public access to 911 calls and other "disturbing" data.

What all this means is that the survivors of tragedies, along with their relatives, can pose persistent and serious threats to our freedoms.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2014, 01:17 PM

39,078 posts, read 51,231,444 times
I never watched Piers Morgan on CNN. I did watch him on America's Got Talent though. He was very annoying on that show, so it is no surprise he flopped on CNN. There is a bigger issue though. I don't like foreigners. I was ready to throw something at the TV last night when all the foreigners kept getting called to the stage for Oscars and speaking in their accents. What ever happened to Americans on American TV? Surely we can find a talk show host or a judge on a talent show that is eligible to be president. And let's make it a rule that only Americans can win Oscars. Let the foreigners get their awards in France.

Old 03-03-2014, 01:53 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,896,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
I don't get what this thread is about.

Are you saying Mrs. Brady is getting a talk/blab show?
I have that question as well, and cannot find a definative answer.....

Last edited by WhipperSnapper 88; 03-03-2014 at 02:04 PM..

Old 03-03-2014, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by West Coast Republican View Post
I think Anderson Cooper is alright though. He's a lefty but I think he treats most of his guests fairly.
I like him too. He's definately a lefty, but is very fair and unbiased when discussing a topic with guests. At least as far as I've seen.

Old 03-03-2014, 01:57 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,324,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
I never watched Piers Morgan on CNN. I did watch him on America's Got Talent though. He was very annoying on that show, so it is no surprise he flopped on CNN. There is a bigger issue though. I don't like foreigners. I was ready to throw something at the TV last night when all the foreigners kept getting called to the stage for Oscars and speaking in their accents. What ever happened to Americans on American TV? Surely we can find a talk show host or a judge on a talent show that is eligible to be president. And let's make it a rule that only Americans can win Oscars. Let the foreigners get their awards in France.
Wow! Xenophobic much?
So, no Terminator, no Aliens, no Titanic, no Avatar? James Cameron. Canadian.

Old 03-03-2014, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
What a disgusting sentiment. You understand that James Brady was shot in the head defending Reagan and was injured for life? Are gun nuts not only nuts but also rude boors?
It was at this point, that you negated any amount of credibility that you may have had.... You criticize second amendment supporters for being rude, by being rude to them? Makes sense...

Quote:
Maybe some day you will have the experience of your spouse, daughter, son, mother, father being shot in the head and understand that this is not something that warrants attempts at weak political jokes.
The scary part is that I think you actually are rooting for that to happen....

P.S.
If that did happen, I certainly wouldn't blame a clump of metal, I would blame the wacko criminal. I also wouldn't use the actions of one wacko criminal as an excuse or justification to infringe on the freedoms of 100,000,000 legal gun owners....

Old 03-03-2014, 03:17 PM

3,045 posts, read 5,244,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
James Brady was shot in the head? I thought it was ol' Sarah. How was it that her brain was damaged?
I can't figure out if this post is sarcastic or not....

But just in case, James Brady was shot during an assassination attempt on Ronald Reagan. Both James and Sarah became outspoken gun-control advocates after the shooting. The "Brady Bill" is named after them.

Were you thinking of Gabriel Giffords, who was shot in the head in Arizona much more recently? Both Mrs. Giffords and her husband, Mark Kelley, are also outspoken gun-control advocates.

Either way, Brady is as anti-gun as Morgan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies