Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2014, 07:18 AM

1,138 posts, read 1,041,869 times

Advertisements

This is something that I have noticed about most liberals; they claim to be open minded and tolerant to different beliefs , have compassion for the poor, well educated and intelligent, respectful of different ethnic groups etc.

All those things are good, but they seem to believe that only they are capable of such feelings and beliefs, and that non liberals are not. They think Conservatives are the exact opposite; closed minded, bigoted, selfish, uneducated, racist etc.... It's downright asinine that they see the world in such black and white terms. And it's hilariously ironic that they don't realize they are doing the very things they claim to hate.

Not all liberals are like this, I don't want to generalize. It's just an observation one can clearly see in the attitudes and beliefs that many liberals project.

Old 03-03-2014, 07:30 AM

423 posts, read 414,756 times
Emotions? Maybe.

Idiocy? Definitely.

Old 03-03-2014, 07:46 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,189,362 times
American Conservatives are the most emotional people on Earth. Hell, one only needs to look at the politicians they elect to figure that out.

Old 03-03-2014, 08:00 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,771,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West Coast Republican View Post
This is something that I have noticed about most liberals; they claim to be open minded and tolerant to different beliefs , have compassion for the poor, well educated and intelligent, respectful of different ethnic groups etc.

All those things are good, but they seem to believe that only they are capable of such feelings and beliefs, and that non liberals are not. They think Conservatives are the exact opposite; closed minded, bigoted, selfish, uneducated, racist etc.... It's downright asinine that they see the world in such black and white terms. And it's hilariously ironic that they don't realize they are doing the very things they claim to hate.

Not all liberals are like this, I don't want to generalize. It's just an observation one can clearly see in the attitudes and beliefs that many liberals project.
It's the nature of conservatism. Conservatives cling to legalism, tradition, reject science, logic, etc. Those aspects of conservatism inhibit the ability to show compassion, empathy, or be open-minded.

Old 03-03-2014, 08:01 AM

4,130 posts, read 4,460,412 times
Where has any liberal said that liberals have a monopoly on emotions?

They most certainly don't, as evidenced by this 15 minutes of rage without evidence.

Old 03-03-2014, 08:02 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,952,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
It's the nature of conservatism. Conservatives cling to legalism, tradition, reject science, logic, etc. Those aspects of conservatism inhibit the ability to show compassion, empathy, or be open-minded.
Congrats on posting one of the stupidest and most ignorant statements I have ever seen on C-D.

Old 03-03-2014, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
You are exhibiting the prime example of what I was referring to in my OP.

Old 03-03-2014, 08:06 AM

8,030 posts, read 9,050,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West Coast Republican View Post
You are exhibiting the prime example of what I was referring to in my OP.
Didn't take long at all, did it?

Old 03-03-2014, 08:13 AM

2,083 posts, read 1,620,425 times
Far-left Liberals often have a stereotype of the average Conservative built up in their minds, comprised of extreme positions on every issue. They think Cons positions are born from hate, intolerance and ignorance, which makes it impossible to have a rational debate with anyone who sees someone on the other side of the aisle in that way. How could you have a rational discussion coming from someone whose views are that extreme? Regardless, many Conservatives are charitable, considerate and educated. But this defies the stereotype. How can someone be caring and educated while opposing Federal assistance programs?

Simple -- there is often nuance in Conservative thought. One might oppose gay marriage, but doesn't have any ill feelings towards homosexuals. They might want stricter immigration laws; that does not mean they hate foreigners. I am strongly pro-life, but do not want abortion to be illegal because it's not a black and white issue. Regardless, anything but 100% agreement with the Liberal position is treated as hatred or ignorance.

When it all comes down to it, Conservatives and Liberals usually have the best interest of our country at heart, we just disagree how we should fix our problems. That's it. I have very Liberal friends and we can discuss politics openly and respectfully because we know each other and they know I'm not a homophobe and I know they're not Marxists.

That being said, extreme Conservatives do the same thing by treating all Liberals as an extreme caricature of the far-left. People with these extreme mindsets seem to be far more likely to spout their opinions on Internet forums than the average Conservative or Liberal, thus you're usually seeing a fight between the far-left and the far-right which does not represent your average R or D voter.

Old 03-03-2014, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post
Didn't take long at all, did it?
Lol nope!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies