Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2014, 09:42 AM

4,176 posts, read 4,670,046 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
There's no way that Russia would be invading Ukraine if that defense system was still in place.
You have absolutely no way of knowing this, so I call total, 100%, grade-A bulls**t. You're delusional.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2014, 09:44 AM

4,176 posts, read 4,670,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
We should have learned it when the Soviets failed when they went in.
Yes, we should have; no one with two brain cells would disagree. And SCOTUS should not have appointed Bush president. The important thing is that we don't pull another Afghanistan or Iraq here or anywhere.

Old 03-03-2014, 09:45 AM

17,441 posts, read 9,266,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
GW Bush negotiated for years to place a missile defense system in Poland not only for our protection, but for the protection of our European allies. Of course, the laughable Obama administration has since removed that system.....There's no way that Russia would be invading Ukraine if that defense system was still in place. Our President is hellbent on destroying our country. He's best to just stay out of this.
Putin demanded that system be removed from Poland -
"yes sir, right away sir".

Poland was not happy to have the rug jerked from under them. They literally got a telephone call in the middle of the night announcing the removal.

Old 03-03-2014, 09:45 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times
One problem I have is that we do way too much covert operations in other countries to sway their politics for nothing more than our own self interests.

Just like in Egypt..the President was elected and new elections were just around the corner (2015).
This is more about the economics of EU vs Russia than the right political leader for the country.
Democracy isn't supposed to support coups yet we do and have in the past.

Old 03-03-2014, 09:47 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Globe199 View Post
Yes, we should have; no one with two brain cells would disagree. And SCOTUS should not have appointed Bush president. The important thing is that we don't pull another Afghanistan or Iraq here or anywhere.
I think we have to in order to keep the economic machine going.
"War" is the great excuse for over spending.

Old 03-03-2014, 09:49 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
I think we have to in order to keep the economic machine going.
"War" is the great excuse for over spending.
It is why we refuse to bring our troops home. We keep them in harms way because our leaders are failures at economics.

Old 03-03-2014, 10:09 AM

17,441 posts, read 9,266,927 times
Our Foreign (and Domestic) Policy is a mess. Certainly part of that is the Obama Leadership, but it's also his "Team".
No real experience and a theories that were developed around an Ideologic viewpoint.

How can anyone take them seriously, when the response to the CNN Senior White House reporters question about Putins response to Obama's message was this .....

""We in this administration have not made it a practice to look into Vladimir Putin's soul."""

This is Jr High Trash Talk ..... and that's just about the extent of their capability.

Old 03-03-2014, 10:09 AM

13,778 posts, read 9,661,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
This all could be a good lesson all around but it's highly unlikely as it seems that few want to actually learn anything.

We could learn that the U.N. is nothing but a cesspool of fraud. We could learn the fallacy of thinking we can change things. One might think that Putin would have learned from his country going into Afghanistan. We learned nothing from it so I'm not sure why we would expect him to though.

What Putin learned and is applying today is the lessons of American response to his invasion of Georgia in 2008, under George Bush.

I've read every thread on the Ukraine here in C-D and I'm convinced that you Obama haters could care less what happens there. You're only in it to use the issue to endlessly hammer the president once again. Some of you claim he isn't doing enough. Other's claim he's doing to much. Still others say he should have said nothing........nothing at all. How would that look to the rest of the free world if the greatest power on the planet said nothing, gave no official response, while Russian troops invaded the Crimea?
Ukraine is just a forum for you to express your hate at the president in the white house.

Reality? I'll give you a dose of reality.

By the time the world knew what was happening, the deed was already done. We woke up on Friday and Spetsnaz had flown the deposed president to Russia, taken over the airports in Crimea and manned the border checkpoints between Crimea and Ukraine. All before coffee. Factor in the fact that Russia had 150,000 troops massed on the eastern Ukraine border, ostensibly on exercises, and you have a classic bloodless takeover of a territory.
What would you have had our president do?
That question has been asked over and over of the Obama haters in every Ukraine thread on C-D and each time the question has remained unanswered.
All you can come up with is what the president shouldn't have done, which after all is said and done, is wake up this morning, still breathing.

The president has come out with a statement that there will be repercussions for invading Ukraine. He also has signaled through his administration that those repercussions will not include military action of any kind.
He has also aligned the US with Great Britain, Poland, Germany, France and the UN in the matter.
He is saying to them all, "we're with you in principle, but you'll have to do all the heavy lifting if you want to use drastic measures."

I for one applaud the president for his deliberate and measured actions and keeping our nation as far away from this fight while still supporting the western nations. Look at the poll at the top of the thread. Nobody, except a few uneducated diehards want us to intervene militarily in Ukraine, so we are all in agreement for a change. You don't need to pillory the president this time. The issue is settled with bipartisan consensus. You won. I won, everyone wins, except those that pray for armed conflict and killing and those who have an unnatural hate towards anything Obama..

You all can go back to foaming at the mouth and attacking the president for whatever the trumped up fantasy of the moment is. I know reason and logic will fall on deaf ears and the usual hate fest will continue.
Carry on..........

Last edited by mohawkx; 03-03-2014 at 10:44 AM..

Old 03-03-2014, 10:20 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,730,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
Our Foreign (and Domestic) Policy is a mess. Certainly part of that is the Obama Leadership, but it's also his "Team".
No real experience and a theories that were developed around an Ideologic viewpoint.
Obama thought he would bow and be cool and everyone would love and listen to him.

Old 03-03-2014, 10:23 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
What Putin learned and is applying today is the lessons of American response to his invasion of Georgia in 2008, under George Bush.

I've read every thread on the Ukraine here in C-D and I'm convinced that you Obama haters could care less what happens there. You're only in it to use the issue to endlessly hammer the president once again. Some of you claim he isn't doing enough. Other's claim he's doing to much. Still others say he should have said nothing........nothing at all. How would that look to the rest of the free world if the greatest power on the planet said nothing, gave no official response, while Russian troops invaded the Crimea?
Ukraine is just a forum for you to express your hate at the "boy" in the white house.
Reality? I'll give you a dose of reality.
Sorry, your racist crap stops here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies