Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2014, 10:51 AM

79,908 posts, read 44,064,775 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grsz11 View Post
So in that vain, Bush shouldn't have called Iran and North Korea an axis of evil since he wasn't going to do anything. Do you think a person should only speak if they are willing to use force? That's pretty foolish.
It was a stupid thing to do. It accomplished nothing.

Old 03-04-2014, 10:51 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,769,906 times
Quote:
How else are people suppose to interpret the incessant rage and complaints from the right over what Obama is or isn't doing? All I see here is Obama isn't doing anything, all Obama is doing is talking, Obama is weak, etc.

It appears that some want Obama to shut up and do nothing, or he should be bringing out the big guns, and there isn't anything in between. Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't.

IMO, Obama is taking the right direction, talking and trying to defuse the situation and putting options on the table. Obama is working with other world leaders and not getting the rise out Putin that Putin is looking for - which would be for the US to jump into a war or completely back off. Going to war or not going to war are not the only options. I think anyone that was in his position as president would take the same steps. When you have politicians claiming Obama is "weak" under the circumstances they are demeaning our own country. Does Obama have to go to war to show his strength?

When will people get tired of senseless wars, senseless deaths, and spending billions of dollars?

BTW, I'm no fan of Obama and I'm glad that he isn't letting his egotistical narcissistic behavior get in the way of how he is handling the situation.

Old 03-04-2014, 10:56 AM

392 posts, read 351,306 times
Nothing was done that was positive to help Libya and certainly not the totally now destroyed Syria....so what are we talking about.....No one helped the Syrians or the Libyans. What help did the west provide other than shipping in ammunition and small arms that caused more death. I had the unfortunate opportunity in the past to know an arms dealer...He was a typical delusional idiot...I said to him that his wealth was blood money....He responded with - I SAVED LIVES.....I asked how....he said he armed BOTH sides....THIS is an example of the help the west might give the Ukraine...the gift of death...while a few profit.

Old 03-04-2014, 10:57 AM

1,730 posts, read 1,359,817 times
Quote:
So something I don't quite get...many (not all) conservatives were vehemently opposed to Obama intervening in Libya and his proposal to do the same in Syria. Now, if this forum is indicative, many are outraged over Russia in Ukraine and Obama's response or lack of. What is the difference in their minds between the two? Or is this just yet another example of them supporting the exact opposite of what Obama is doing for no particularly good reason?
No. His stumbling around like an idiot. Yes.
How many more lines can this clown draw in the dirt that get crossed with a shrug and a smirk?
Now kerry is on the ground. Waiting to see if he does a hillary and claims he went in under fire so be can put himself in for another medal.
This administration is the perfect example of the Peter Principle.

Old 03-04-2014, 10:59 AM

10,659 posts, read 10,701,824 times
Quote:
So something I don't quite get...many (not all) conservatives were vehemently opposed to Obama intervening in Libya and his proposal to do the same in Syria. Now, if this forum is indicative, many are outraged over Russia in Ukraine and Obama's response or lack of. What is the difference in their minds between the two? Or is this just yet another example of them supporting the exact opposite of what Obama is doing for no particularly good reason?
I think you not reading the same post as most of us! I don't see any anyone saying anything different...We all said he have **** on all of those issues instead of putting his foot in it!

Old 03-04-2014, 11:00 AM

2,825 posts, read 2,094,657 times
Quote:
So in that vain, Bush shouldn't have called Iran and North Korea an axis of evil since he wasn't going to do anything. Do you think a person should only speak if they are willing to use force? That's pretty foolish.
Agreed on the Bush matter.

If one is going to slap the leather, so to speak, one better be prepared to back it up, yes?

Old 03-04-2014, 11:02 AM

29,095 posts, read 25,956,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
I blame the Earl of Aberdeen.
Harrier blames Kublai Khan.

Old 03-04-2014, 11:05 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,338,815 times
Default The Conservative narrative continues to miss the mark

Day after day, Republicans pacify themselves with the negative narrative about this President, while he continues to be ENORMOUSLY successful. The latest positive? Russia. Putin now backtracking, weighing his options to of course avoid a military confrontation. This because the President and the International community were putting pressure on him and his country faced isolation. Kudos to President Obama for his continued smart and effective foreign policy.

As usual, Pubs continue to get it wrong.

Old 03-04-2014, 11:07 AM

392 posts, read 351,306 times
The western leaders say that Russian intervention in the Ukraine will not be without cost......Apparently America and the EU actually believe they rule the world. I just wish these power mongers who supposedly take the high moral ground would shut up....NO ONE has the high moral ground these days....morality - truth and justice no longer exist...so stop kidding us.

Old 03-04-2014, 11:08 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,306,221 times
As usual, lips firmly planted....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.