Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2014, 09:31 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,220,937 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTGR View Post
No why would they have to do that? Most of the libs on this forum say it is working great and the GOP is making up all these stories about people being hurt by the law.
If it was so great they would not need to illegally change it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2014, 09:48 AM

7,444 posts, read 7,014,485 times
Default Maybe the Obama administration saw this video

of Minnesota democrats giving a half-hearted attempt at defending the bill, at least the two who voted for it:

Minnesota Dems Flummoxed When Confronted About Obamacare at Town Hall - YouTube

Old 03-04-2014, 09:52 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,184,586 times
It seems to me that the Dems have resigned themselves to the fact that 2014 is going to be a very bad election year for them. In the big picture that might not be a bad thing. If I was a Dem I would look it as better for 2014 to be a bad year than 2016.

The GOP will flop around and only turn the sentiment back to the Dems the next two years.

Old 03-04-2014, 01:20 PM

8,030 posts, read 9,050,957 times
No reason to delay if all of the people with bad Obamacare stories are liars as according to Harry Reid. Right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Didn't we shut down the government in order to not delay this thing?
Great point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zot View Post
I wish Obama spent half as much time worrying about the instability of the world and our treaty obligations, as he does bashing Republicans and trying to get Democrats elected. After Obama spent 30 seconds warning Putin last week at a press conference, he went across town to a DNC open bar and spent 20 minutes attacking Republicans. What sort of message does that send to the world?
I've seen enough inflammatory rhetoric to believe that most progressives and leftists see conservatives as an underclass they wish would disappear. So I don't think they care about the message sent to the world, as long as those with any opposing opinions are painted as the "bad guys" here at home.

Old 03-04-2014, 01:33 PM

6,369 posts, read 6,407,529 times
OK, so let me get this straight.

My old policy is a cruel hoax that was perpetrated on me by an insurance company that was out to fool me.

In order to make Obamacare work, I must buy a spiffy new policy that is the only true and good insurance coverage.

I am a moron because I liked the policy I could not keep.

And now you say "Never mind??!!?"

Barack Obama is the Emily Littela of public policy.

Old 03-04-2014, 02:11 PM

9,855 posts, read 7,724,981 times
I'm very excited. I would love to keep my non-compliant ACA policy past December.

I also hope they are delaying the penalties. I think it's unfair that only some people will be charged the penalty.

If the Democrats continue to making these changes and delays, maybe it will turn into a program that really helps the uninsured without taking away freedom of choice from everyone who is happy with their current plans.

I'm dreaming, I know.

Old 03-04-2014, 06:34 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,159,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post
If the law is good, stop delaying parts and just get on with it.
Why isn't congress stepping in?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Exactly. If it must be delayed, to avoid hardship, how exactly is implementing it going to be a good thing?
This thing is going to crash your economy, and if the Republicans are smart, they'll let Obama crash it all by himself.

I been saying for 3 years this thing will crash your economy.....guess who blinked....not I. Obama is the one in a total panic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
I forget. Are you for or against the keep your plan idea?
I forget Bob....did your search of the United States with Homeland Security find the missing 50 Million "uninsured" you swore to god were out there and they would all die if we didn't have the ACA?

I guess you better call up the National Guard and intensify your search.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
Job creators have mo idea what to expect in the constant illegally changing of the law. Job creators can not hire as long as this expense remains an unknown . If this law is so good why do they need to change it
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
When there is instability the first action is to do nothing and wait.
We have constant instability being injected into the economy by the WH.

It's almost like they want people working less hours or not at all.
Bingo.

I've mentioned that quite a bit.

Uncertainty is one reason hiring is so damn sluggish.

You have ZERO leadership in the White House. Understand, I don't care what position Obama takes -- extend the Bush tax cuts or not for example --- just take a goddam position one way or the other.

Oh, and stick with it, instead of waffling.

You notice his pattern?

He waits until the last possible moment to make a decision.

And even that wouldn't be so bad, except that he reads some nonsense off of a teleprompter for 20 minutes and says absolutely nothing, so you still have no idea what he actually decided to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
First I though cancelling millions of policies was bad. Then you and Obama explained those policies were substandard junk. Then you temporarily reinstated the substandard junk as a political 'kiss and make-up' ploy for people with cancelled policies. Now you're again extending the junk policies you boasted you were getting rid of. How do you handle being part of the spin machine ? Dramamine ?
I like it.

It's much better than Seinfeld....

Mircea

Old 03-04-2014, 06:36 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,727,707 times
Obama must hide his lie from the American people

Old 03-04-2014, 07:53 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,729,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Why would Democrats want to deny tens of millions of individuals the benefits of ACA? Do they hate americans?
Exactly. According to libs, this is the greatest thing since sliced bread...so why all the delays? If something is that fricken fantastic, you get it out there.

I'm sure the daily excuse makers will make pathetic attempts to explain why it's necessary to delay...

Old 03-04-2014, 09:54 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,039,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
I forget. Are you for or against the keep your plan idea?
The issue Bob is the insurance companies have not planned for this, companies need stability in regulations whatever they may be. Last minute changes for something they have been preparing years for throws a huge wrench into the works. If the higher premiums that would of been forced onto the consumer by Obamacare for coverage many of them would have never used are not collected then they are going to seek taxpayer funds to make up the difference as the law allows. It's shell game, when the insurance companies ask for these funds because of an issue caused by the Administration the next thing we're going to hear is Democrat support to not give them the funds and blaming Republicans for supporting it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies