Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2014, 03:32 PM

26,273 posts, read 8,391,460 times

Advertisements

Please folks...... lets not be too unkind.

Old 03-08-2014, 03:42 PM

620 posts, read 1,742,197 times
Maybe the op should dine at non-chain restaurants. Much better service than places like Texas Roadhouse. If you do eat at awful places like this expect awful service. BTW stop being a total d-bag and maybe the service will improve.

Old 03-08-2014, 03:51 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,307,018 times
OP
I think you're expecting $200 a plate service from the Joe's Road Kill Cafe $8 a plate service. I'm surprised you haven't keeled over from a aneurism or heart attack. Dude it's not a perfect world. The service you're expecting would require a server with two people for support for each table to be there for every whim and desire. You can get that if you're famous or rich or only go to insanely expensive restaurants. You're not gonna get the service you think you deserve at Coco's. Just not happening.
You're probably one of those people that even with perfect service you will find SOMETHING to complain about.

Old 03-08-2014, 04:14 PM

6,615 posts, read 4,732,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbear182 View Post
Maybe the op should dine at non-chain restaurants. Much better service than places like Texas Roadhouse. If you do eat at awful places like this expect awful service. BTW stop being a total d-bag and maybe the service will improve.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrician4you View Post
OP
I think you're expecting $200 a plate service from the Joe's Road Kill Cafe $8 a plate service. I'm surprised you haven't keeled over from a aneurism or heart attack. Dude it's not a perfect world. The service you're expecting would require a server with two people for support for each table to be there for every whim and desire. You can get that if you're famous or rich or only go to insanely expensive restaurants. You're not gonna get the service you think you deserve at Coco's. Just not happening.
You're probably one of those people that even with perfect service you will find SOMETHING to complain about.
Exactly.

Old 03-08-2014, 04:17 PM

2,113 posts, read 2,397,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecda View Post
27. You do not own a server or a bartender just because you know that their livelihood requires tips. Please, if you take nothing else from this list, remember this fact.

That entire list of 100 things is spectacular. However, #27 really stood out as a gem, especially in light of this thread.
And #30: Server does not mean servant. Do not treat restaurant staff as being in a class lower than yours.

My ex used to do #1, the finger-snapping at a server. He would also like to give the server a hard time as a joke. He would order something and then mess with the server's head, saying, "No, don't you remember? I ordered the chicken" when the correct order was brought out. I'd want to crawl under the table out of embarassment.

The amount of times I can say that I've had poor service at a restaurant, I could count on one hand and have fingers left over. Any pet peeves I have regarding restaurants have to do with other customers, or the owners themselves running their business into the ground (for example, having to close early because they've run out of food).

I hope there's a special place in hell for people that mistreat the waitstaff "just because they can".

Old 03-08-2014, 04:25 PM

2,195 posts, read 2,576,509 times
OP I really hope that you don't make all of this peevishness known while dining out. Otherwise you have put yourself into that category of customer who gets the "special" treatment. And I don't mean in a good way. People like yourself will be remembered imediatly the second time you come in and you will have been discussed among the staff. More than likely, unless you tip exceptionally well to make up for being a huge pain in the ass, you will be foisted of on the newest and least skilled of the lot because the good servers will not want to bother with you when they can be making better money taking care of someone else. Those in the kitchen ,cooking your food know all about you and don't take well to their server's being abused by people like yourself. Act like the guest you are and behave like a normal person, instead of a stuck up spoiled brat, if you would like to have good service.

Old 03-08-2014, 06:18 PM

5,413 posts, read 6,674,291 times
You must be a blast to go out to dinner with...NOT. That isn't even talking about how the server would feel after dealing with you.

There is expecting/wanting good service...and then there is that laundry list of nit-picking.

Please, stay home.

Old 03-08-2014, 06:55 PM

5,413 posts, read 6,674,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Springs1 View Post
NOPE, I am not a troll and my replies aren't snotty. The replies are to people that want to control my money. The server is serving the customer, so the customer is paying the tip, so it's all about what does the customer want in the service, not what the server wants to do.
I think you have lost the ability to know what snotty is...because you are acting in in spades...both with you behavior in restaurants and what you've shown here.

You are either a troll or have borderline personality disorder. Get some help.

Old 03-08-2014, 07:46 PM

147 posts, read 214,545 times
And posts like this are exactly why I will never be a server. I would be tempted daily to dump drinks over people's heads. To those that are servers and do not do that, God bless you all!

Old 03-08-2014, 08:04 PM

4,578 posts, read 5,633,116 times
Speaking of pet peeves: Lazy people who steal images from pay-per-photo sites like istockphoto and using them on public whines and rants.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies