Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2014, 10:38 PM

20 posts, read 25,493 times

Advertisements

My biggest pet peeve is mainly other customers. You know, the ones that feel entitled to special treatment because their $20 is better than mine. Seriously, just because someone is waiting tables, it is no excuse to treat them as a second class citizen. You do not deserve special treatment just because you are a paying customer. That is the core ill with our society. The "Consumer is God" syndrome. Please, OP, do everyone a favor by saving the money you spend dining out, pay for cooking lessons and, since your service at restaurants is so awful, do it your lazy, ignorant, self-righteous, pompous self.

Old 03-09-2014, 03:50 AM

7,670 posts, read 14,243,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Springs1 View Post
But the tip is not paid by you, so your opinion counts for ZERO in someone's service. When you pay the server's tip, *THEN* you can have it your way. GOT IT?

It's better for us and I have had servers that THANKED US for stacking dishes. If you don't like it and it makes more work for you, TUFF. It's NOT YOUR CONCERN. It's *OUR TIP MONEY*, ***OUR DECISIONS***, NOT YOURS! The workers don't have decisions in someone's dining experience. Especially people we aren't tipping. The server tips the bussers, not us.
JHC. You really are an EDP.

Old 03-09-2014, 03:56 AM

7,670 posts, read 14,243,626 times
I'm going to start being more generous to my servers to make up for people like the OP.

Old 03-09-2014, 04:31 AM

51,653 posts, read 25,819,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KellySou View Post
And posts like this are exactly why I will never be a server. I would be tempted daily to dump drinks over people's heads. To those that are servers and do not do that, God bless you all!
You and me both.

The OP may want to try eating at higher end restaurants, where servers have fewer tables to cover. The service at Applebees will pale by comparison.

Old 03-09-2014, 04:56 AM

393 posts, read 306,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
The service at Applebees will pale by comparison.

This is just not true. I have had 25% service at Applebee's before. At Chili's, have had over 30% service compared to the crappy service we have had at some fine dining restaurants. I still would take Applebee's service over being forced to have water at my table I don't want no matter what. It's better to be able to get to place your OWN order for yourself than to be FORCED to take something you don't want.

Old 03-09-2014, 05:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lttleldycash View Post
My biggest pet peeve is mainly other customers. You know, the ones that feel entitled to special treatment because their $20 is better than mine. Seriously, just because someone is waiting tables, it is no excuse to treat them as a second class citizen. That is the core ill with our society. Please, OP, do everyone a favor by saving the money you spend dining out, pay for cooking lessons and, since your service at restaurants is so awful, do it your lazy, ignorant, self-righteous, pompous self.
First of I am not lazy or ignorant or self-righteous or pompous self. Calling names can get you banned. You are just mad that I know more than most servers do that I have physical PROOF and you can't prove me wrong. You know that's the truth. That's why you called me ignorant. I know more than most servers do. Secondly, I am not a person that treats servers mean or badly at all. I am MUCH NICER than they are to me in most cases because I am telling them "thank you" for mistakes they made when they didn't apologize for them in most cases.

Quote:
You do not deserve special treatment just because you are a paying customer.
If you are paying a tip, you should deserve the treatment you are *****WILLING TO SHELL OUT*********. The ones that tip 10% or non-tipper cheapskates, those are the ones that shouldn't get special treatment. The ones that are willing to pay 20% and up wards should get to feel special since they are *************WILLING TO *****************PAY******************* FOR IT! The ones that aren't shouldn't get NO service at all except for minimal and honestly if they aren't willing to tip at all, they should get refused service, period.

I don't mean special by different that my $15 tip is any different than yours, that's not what I am saying. I am saying if I am willing to tip my server for the wonderful service they provided $15, but for the same check amount, you are only willing to tip $5, why should you get better treatment than I if we are both being very nice and courteous to the server, huh? That's what I am saying that if you are only willing to tip $5, you should get $5 type of crap service because you aren't willing to shell out the rest like I am to get the "ROYALTY" treatment. I am willing to pay for servant service, so I should get it. The people that aren't willing to pay for it shouldn't get it. Understand?

Quote:
The "Consumer is God" syndrome.
That's how servers feel about that their money we have to BOW DOWN TO THEM like their money is ONLY IMPORTANT, but ours means nothing. I have had servers act like they could care less about overcharges on our bill. For that, they got stiffed. They wanted to be jerks not apologize or even admit fault, they got stiffed. Be nice, you will get at least 10% for that overcharge and 15%-18% if you get a comp for the overcharge for my inconvenience. Be a jerk, don't apologize or refuse to fix it or blame it on someone or something else like the menu, you will not get anything for a tip.

The servers act like they are GOD that "Oh what if I was up all night with a sick child" syndrome. They act like we don't have lives too, just THEM that has problems in their lives. If they had a sick child, they should have decided to abstain from intercourse or take birth control. I am not going to feel sorry for the people that don't have self-responsibility. I waited until I was 25yrs old to have intercourse until the DAY I was married, NOT EVER before that. You choose your destiny in life. If you have kids with 3 different men without marrying any of them, why should I feel sorry for your stupid, VERY IRRESPONSIBLE CHOICES, HUH? You sure don't care about my personal life's issues, I shouldn't have to care about yours. Equal/Equal! I am so sick of seeing servers acting like "What if the server had a bad day or was up all night with a sick child" sob story. I mean really, we *ALL* have problems in our lives. Why should servers problems be ABOVE OURS? We are ALL *EQUALS* in this world.

The servers act like their money and problems are more important than ours that "We only make $2.13/hr", well knowing this they should be trying a bit harder and act like they are the customer getting the problem rather than being uncaring jerks.

Old 03-09-2014, 05:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletG View Post
You are either a troll or have borderline personality disorder. Get some help.
No, I am not either one. YOU need help not acting like you have zero feelings or something.

Old 03-09-2014, 05:18 AM

2,113 posts, read 2,406,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Springs1 View Post
This is just not true. I have had 25% service at Applebee's before. At Chili's, have had over 30% service compared to the crappy service we have had at some fine dining restaurants. I still would take Applebee's service over being forced to have water at my table I don't want no matter what. It's better to be able to get to place your OWN order for yourself than to be FORCED to take something you don't want.
Are you serious? Are they holding your nose and pouring the water down your throat? Drink the water, or don't drink it. What's the issue? Do you honestly think that you're the only person that came from an authoritarian background? For all intents and purposes, we've all come from backgrounds where, to some degree, adults controlled what we did- because it was their job! How damned long are you determined to go through your terrible twos? On this board and IRL I've heard and seen things that make this crap pale in comparison, though you wouldn't get it. Have you ever been driven to the woods and given the choice of sexual assault or death? Have you ever sat for eight hours straight like a stone in case your father would flip out and beat your *ss? Have you ever had a family member try to kill you? I have. And you know what? I know people that have been through worse than I have. And we STILL don't act like idiots when we go to a restaurant. Count yourself damn lucky that this is the most pressing problem in your life.

Old 03-09-2014, 05:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrician4you View Post
OP
I think you're expecting $200 a plate service from the Joe's Road Kill Cafe $8 a plate service.
No, because the service as I have a said in the past on this thread has been MUCH WORSE. The price of the item doesn't make the server work any harder. Stop acting like it does. It doesn't make the server have manners by apologizing for their mistakes either.

Quote:
Dude it's not a perfect world.
I am not a dude. So, they are looking for the perfect score tip of at least 20%, what's the difference here as to what they expect and what I expect, huh? NOTHING!

Quote:
The service you're expecting would require a server with two people for support for each table to be there for every whim and desire.
NO, I have this service at times A LOT and have had it over the years. It's usually the servers that we regularly request. The point is, from the first time we had them they were good as to why we continued wanting them to serve us.

Quote:
You're not gonna get the service you think you deserve at Coco's. Just not happening.
I have had perfect service at Chili's and other restaurants before like Red Lobster, etc.

Quote:
You're probably one of those people that even with perfect service you will find SOMETHING to complain about.
NO, I am not. Just do everything *I* want and we will be fine. Don't control my dining experience. Give me what *I* want for *MY* money. How is that soooo horrible, huh? Doesn't everyone want what they want for their money, even you?

Old 03-09-2014, 05:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swgirl926 View Post
Are you serious? Are they holding your nose and pouring the water down your throat? Drink the water, or don't drink it. What's the issue? Do you honestly think that you're the only person that came from an authoritarian background? For all intents and purposes, we've all come from backgrounds where, to some degree, adults controlled what we did- because it was their job! How damned long are you determined to go through your terrible twos? On this board and IRL I've heard and seen things that make this crap pale in comparison, though you wouldn't get it. Have you ever been driven to the woods and given the choice of sexual assault or death? Have you ever sat for eight hours straight like a stone in case your father would flip out and beat your *ss? Have you ever had a family member try to kill you? I have. And you know what? I know people that have been through worse than I have. And we STILL don't act like idiots when we go to a restaurant. Count yourself damn lucky that this is the most pressing problem in your life.
You are VERY MEAN AND UNCARING! I wouldn't DARE FORCE you to have water if I served you. That's not my right. Whatever else you talked about has ZERO to do with this conversation.

Yes I am serious. I am SICK of the CONTROL FREAKS! STOP MAKING ME TAKE WHAT I DON'T WANT FOR *MY TIP MONEY*. Especially, if I am forced to tip due to automatic gratuity in a large party.

WHY do you want control? What is *YOUR ISSUE* with that you need that control? WHY do you want to give something that someone doesn't want? Isn't the entire idea to get a tip to make the *CUSTOMER* happy and *NOT* YOURSELF, HUH?

Customer service is what it's called, NOT "manager service" or "server service." Remember that if you ever serve people. It's not your legal right to place my order for me in a restaurant. How do you think it's your LEGAL right to tell me how to spend *MY TIP MONEY*, HUH?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies