Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2014, 09:42 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,236,620 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
did you bother reading the link? there is a long procedure that is required when cleaning up a broken CFL bulb.

true, one can build a green mansion, witness bush43 ranch. unfortunately al gore didnt.
I don't know anything about wither of those two homes, but yes even a mansion can be a green building.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2014, 10:13 AM

31,292 posts, read 20,774,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
You don't need "green regulations".
You don't see that you're trying to undo what you did to begin with ?

There's no such thing as a "green" McMansion..it's an oxymoron.
Somebody should tell Al Gore.

Old 03-05-2014, 10:20 AM

31,292 posts, read 20,774,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
I don't know anything about wither of those two homes, but yes even a mansion can be a green building.
snopes.com: A Tale of Two Houses

Old 03-05-2014, 10:22 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,122,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
The mansion he bought on the Pacific is much larger.

Old 03-05-2014, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
That is cool, I love Bush's house because it is done correctly. Geothermal heating and cooling is something that should be in every home when it comes to heating and cooling.

Old 03-05-2014, 12:35 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,295,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Mon View Post
Sounds like you either:
A) Have an older low flush toilet because the ones sold in the US even just a few years were garbage.
B) Bought a cheap model that doesn't have enough pressure. A good two stage flush should work fine.
C) Should consider introducing more vegetables in your diet.
2 years old? It's funny how defensive people get here. Unfortunately green technology is in the model T stage of development right now. I support efficient technology obviously but it just isn't there yet.

No, there is not any solar panels that will work that will return ROI in 4 years and much of the technology simply isn't well developed yet.

Many things go into how things work. Maybe someone's house has a lot of obstruction to the sun so solar is never going to be efficient for them for the forseeable future unless we want to start cutting down large swaths of tree's or to take down the neighbors second floor.

Is it possible that my low flow doesn't work as well as other because my house is 70 years old as opposed to new construction? Of course it could play a role.

But just ignore the actual realities of life today and make stupid comments if it makes you feel better. Newer more efficient technology is a good thing, I mean I'm glad we no longer have to pay someone to fill the street lamps with oil today but in our less than perfect world the extreme positions taken by many are stupid. Should we install and design better technology into new construction? Absolutely. Do we still need the old technology for years to come? Yes we will.

Old 03-05-2014, 02:34 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,037,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
And it's way to easy to scam the system, pretend for the cameras that you are going green, while just scamming tax breaks from the taxpayers.

How to build a green building without really trying (or caring about the planet).

In a high-end Mumbai neighborhood, Indian billionaire Mukesh Ambani's personal high-rise, named Antilia, is under construction. When completed, the 24-story Ambani family home will include its own health club, terraced sky-gardens, and 50-seat screening room (the reclusive Ambani is reputed to be a huge Bollywood fan). Antilia also boasts three helipads and a 168-car garage. This may sound like transportation overkill, if not outright eco-terrorism, for a family of six. But despite its 38-to-1 car-to-person ratio, Antilia has been billed by its American architects as a "green building." And under the leading standards for green architecture, the building will likely qualify.
World has gone just insane............This is "green"........lol. This is why I laugh at "green" folks they don't even know what is going on but if it says "green" then all is well. Where is Kermit the Frog?

Old 03-05-2014, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
The homes are 30% larger now.
Your opinion doesn't trump facts.
Our energy use continues to go up even though great strides were made in efficiency.
Yes our energy use goes up yet our leader tries to destroy the coal industry which provides that energy. Well now we will have to all go "green" it appears. That means everything will just cost more. Greenies still haven't figured that out............but they are saving the world.........or so they are told.

Old 03-05-2014, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
World has gone just insane............This is "green"........lol. This is why I laugh at "green" folks they don't even know what is going on but if it says "green" then all is well. Where is Kermit the Frog?
You can build green towers, I don't see why this place would be any different. One of my favorite architects has designed buildings that are basically man made trees. Very beautiful energy efficient buildings.

Old 03-05-2014, 03:32 PM

Man made tree's.............LOL.........thank you for proving my point. Tree's need co2........you folks are so lost it's scary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies