Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Sex between two adults of the same gender is:
Morally acceptable 30 50.85%
Morally wrong 19 32.20%
Depends / Not a moral issue 10 16.95%
Don't know 0 0%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2014, 12:23 PM

1,720 posts, read 1,315,598 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinArmageddons View Post
The only way sex of any kind can be "immoral" if it's non-consensual.

Otherwise, calling it immoral is mere stupidity.
No, the only way sex of any kind can be morally right and pleasing to God is if it is between a husband and wife and open to life.

Old 03-04-2014, 12:24 PM

6,414 posts, read 10,487,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperthetic View Post
Do I look like the majority, fool!

Now, take my words of wisdom and put them through your exit.
Really, that is all you can be is rude? Typical response from an immature person. Want to see a fool, look in the mirror before calling someone else a fool. Learn how to debate or get schooled on it.

Old 03-04-2014, 12:26 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,391,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Of course there could and probably is some pressure from society causing these personal problems among homosexuals. But not in totality. Many are dealing with their own internal questions of "why did I turn out this way" and "why me?" because they in fact aren't comfortable in their own skin. Most people may not consider homosexuality as "normal," but that doesn't mean that most people want to invoke Matthew Shepherd-like actions on homosexuals either. I'd reconcile that many homosexuals have personal problems because of problems they perceive but do not actually exist in daily life to the degree that they think they do. Simply put, most people could care less if a person is gay.

The INTERNAL pressure is not sourced INTERNALLY. It is ALL about society and society's expectations and prejudices.

This is how ANYONE who has a difference that society passes judgment on .... from short people, to dudes packing less than 5" (y'all know who you are!), to girls with small breasts, to ugly people. "Not being comfortable in one's skin" is because people are self-conscious of how the OUTSIDE perceives themselves.

And it happens when people are young, especially gay youth.

Meanwhile, when gay folks tell you this, you rail against pride movements, teaching youth to respect differences, you get all bent out of shape. Because you know that gays "being comfortable in their own skin" is a PROBLEM for people like you, who prefer that everyone CONFORM.

Old 03-04-2014, 12:26 PM

13,302 posts, read 7,864,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDragonslayer View Post
Really, that is all you can be is rude? Typical response from an immature person. Want to see a fool, look in the mirror before calling someone else a fool. Learn how to debate or get schooled on it.
Oh! Pretty strong language coming from a master baiter.

Old 03-04-2014, 12:28 PM

6,414 posts, read 10,487,842 times
Quote:
Let me know the next time you see a Heterosexual Pride parade. I'd like to be invited. Perhaps I can be the Grand Marshall.
I will post some pictures from our local parade where there are square dancers, all straight couples. Give me time and I will locate them.

Old 03-04-2014, 12:28 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,882,876 times
Default Church Doctrime and the Bible.

For me its a sin and will always be and a life style that is wrong.

That being said the Gay activist have come a long way to legalize at least under the eyes of law their life choice.

Most Christians do not hate or steer away because of Gay People. But at same token most people do not treat gay people differently.

I do abject to Gay people get a better status by a legal point of view. If anything, everyone should have equality under the law and be treated the same, even if they choose a life style I do not approve of personally.

Freedom of Speech and thought is not illegal yet??

Old 03-04-2014, 12:31 PM

4,176 posts, read 4,668,342 times
Quote:
Simply put, most people could care less if a person is gay, but that's not how it plays out in the mind of many homosexuals.
And you are intimately acquainted with the minds of many homosexuals. Right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC
Let me know the next time you see a Heterosexual Pride parade. I'd like to be invited. Perhaps I can be the Grand Marshall.
It'll be right after the White Pride parade, which is right after the Male Pride parade.

Old 03-04-2014, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
No, it is their concience speaking, not the 'homophobic heterosexual' (lol).

Seriously? What a bunch of absolute nonsense. Ever wonder why in some eastern cultures, getting anything less than an A is a terrible SHAME and source of internal STRIFE for young people, but in America, there is no corresponding shame about getting a B?

Do you think it's CONSCIENCE at play, or EXTERNAL PRESSURE that has been internalized?

You know that in some cultures (past and present), men were/are ENCOURAGED to have sex with one another?

Present day: Etero culture

Past: Greeks, Spartans, etc.

In other cultures, being gay is an honor: Berdache tradition of some native americans.

Do you think the "internal conscience" was or is at play there? Do you think people growing up in that paradigm have the same "conscience" problems when society doesn't attach dangerous judgment and pressure, and instead EMBRACES difference?

It is commonly known fact that the more sexually repressed a person is, the more likely they came from a household that attached unrealistic expectations and moral baggage to issues of sexuality. Be it sex in general, or something like masturbation even!

Old 03-04-2014, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CK78 View Post
No, the only way sex of any kind can be morally right and pleasing to God is if it is between a husband and wife and open to life.

Your God is "pleased" by your sex?

Sounds like a giant perv to me.

Old 03-04-2014, 12:35 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,458,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CK78 View Post
Thankfully "pleasing to God" doesn't govern our rights and is not in our laws or Constitution.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies