Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2014, 11:31 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,201,294 times

Advertisements

Here is the thing about defending yourself against abusive cops:

1)You're outnumbered
2)To cops, if a cop gets shot, it's shoot first ask questions later.

The path of least resistance is the best way to fight these people. It's better to see a day in court than risk your life in these sorts of situations. Yes, there have been cases where it was justified to shoot a cop in self defense, but that does carry a serious risk.

That said, cops are scary things, especially if they are in plain clothes, having read some stories over the years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2014, 12:09 AM

14,858 posts, read 8,158,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post

1)You're outnumbered

The path of least resistance is the best way to fight these people. It's better to see a day in court than risk your life in these sorts of situations. Yes, there have been cases where it was justified to shoot a cop in self defense, but that does carry a serious risk.

That said, cops are scary things, especially if they are in plain clothes, having read some stories over the years.

I think the pro-gun activists you are speaking of are the types of people who think the second amendment is there in case the government becomes abusive or oppressive. In that sense, when they advocate the shooting of police, they are basically doing so on the basis that the police represent the government. Shooting them in their mind seems like the only way to fight back against that abusive government.

With that said, I don't like the police. The types of people who become police-officers are basically sociopaths. Police-officers aren't normal people. The police break the law constantly because they believe they are above the law, and their corrupt police buddies will cover for them.

In my opinion, the police are like the military in the midst of a Civil War. If you are fighting for the wrong side, don't blame the politicians when people don't like you and are shooting at you.

For that matter, I don't like sociopath lawyers either, who enable murderers and rapists to get away with their crimes. Or for that matter, sociopath prosecutors who are so obsessed with winning a case, they put people they know are innocent behind bars.

Old 03-05-2014, 12:28 AM

9,659 posts, read 10,201,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
I think the pro-gun activists you are speaking of are the types of people who think the second amendment is there in case the government becomes abusive or oppressive. In that sense, when they advocate the shooting of police, they are basically doing so on the basis that the police represent the government. Shooting them in their mind seems like the only way to fight back against that abusive government.

With that said, I don't like the police. The types of people who become police-officers are basically sociopaths. Police-officers aren't normal people. The police break the law constantly because they believe they are above the law, and their corrupt police buddies will cover for them.

In my opinion, the police are like the military in the midst of a Civil War. If you are fighting for the wrong side, don't blame the politicians when people don't like you and are shooting at you.

For that matter, I don't like sociopath lawyers either, who enable murderers and rapists to get away with their crimes. Or for that matter, sociopath prosecutors who are so obsessed with winning a case, they put people they know are innocent behind bars.
The lawyers aren't at fault. The jurors are

Old 03-05-2014, 12:39 AM

79,907 posts, read 43,945,307 times
Quote:
Why do you support the police beating people up for?

Old 03-05-2014, 12:52 AM

9,827 posts, read 6,912,160 times
Quote:

1)You're outnumbered

Please link the post where someone posted advocating shooting a cop.

Old 03-05-2014, 01:27 AM

13,281 posts, read 7,818,112 times
Quote:
Hey! Jurors are only people.

Or worse, persons of agenda.

"Color" is only one of thousands of agendas.

Last edited by Hyperthetic; 03-05-2014 at 01:36 AM..

Old 03-05-2014, 02:35 AM

2,234 posts, read 1,751,727 times
Quote:

1)You're outnumbered

Your post makes no sense. If I or any law abiding gun owner were in a position were we would even think about shooting a cop, our lives would be in danger at that present moment in time. I won't have a day in court if I'm killed days prior...

It's only justified to use a firearm for self defense when my or my family's life is in "imminent" danger, and I'm not going to sit by and watch & allow someone to take one of our lives regardless of what may happen to me afterwards. And LOL LOL LOL at waiting for "a day in court." A cop could shoot you unarmed on video and would STILL get off in court.

Last edited by DoniDanko; 03-05-2014 at 03:55 AM..

Old 03-05-2014, 05:27 AM

14,888 posts, read 9,983,052 times
Quote:

1)You're outnumbered

It's usually because a cop has done something that earned him a bullet.

Old 03-05-2014, 06:06 AM

1,743 posts, read 1,653,104 times
Simple . Pick one

A. Let a cop beat the **** out of you , harass you , lie and make up a story , or possibly kill you

B. Stand up for yourself , know your rights , grow a sack , and protect yourself and family at all costs.

Which one would you be?

Old 03-05-2014, 11:20 AM

12,149 posts, read 8,385,929 times
Quote:

1)You're outnumbered

Post a link to one of those "certain pro-gun" type who advocate such behavior so we can better understand his motive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies