Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2014, 07:49 PM

20,126 posts, read 16,153,979 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Maybe the schools should just have a few single-stall unisex bathrooms, and this whole thing will become a non-issue. I don't mean solely to address this specific issue, either, as it could also solve some other problems. Multi-stall restrooms in schools are hotbeds of trouble, from bullying and assaults to smoking and using drugs, pretty much everything bad you could do happens in there. Heck, I used to hide in the restroom when I was cutting class or forgot my homework!
I agree this is what we need to do at this point. The problem is that you do not want to give students the ability to place themselves totally out of the eyes of adults with a locked door that can not be monitored in some way. It is a safety issue, to include being a place where sexual activity can take place - both voluntary and involuntary.

Old 03-05-2014, 07:56 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,000,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
I can't disagree that (at least) half of this nation is made up of idiots, but they certainly aren't all from the left.
Actually a large percent are idiots..........we are in trouble.

Old 03-05-2014, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
I agree this is what we need to do at this point. The problem is that you do not want to give students the ability to place themselves totally out of the eyes of adults with a locked door that can not be monitored in some way. It is a safety issue, to include being a place where sexual activity can take place - both voluntary and involuntary.
You pay for it............you want your whole little restroom broo ha ha........somebody will have to pay. I'm tired of paying for nonsense. Boys room.........girls room........it is that simple.

Old 03-05-2014, 07:58 PM

30,345 posts, read 51,930,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Maybe they can have a key card instead of a hall pass, and hand them out like they do the latter? During recesses, of course it will be a free for all... but the same goes for multi-stall restrooms, and as I said, all SORTS of naughty stuff occurs in those! So basically kids will be kids, and usually find a way to do as they please regardless.

I went to a small private school where the teachers kept a close eye on everyone, and yet I still managed to get into a ton of trouble. We had a closed campus - I ignored that, and left anyway if the mood struck. We also had a no-smoking policy, but I ignored that too (even "paid off" the security guy in Ho-Hos & smokes to keep his mouth shut). Know what I'm saying? At least with the single-stall restrooms you will eliminate the unwanted and mob-mentality issues, like bullying or assaulting other students. If they want to have sex or smoke a cigarette, they'll find somewhere to do that either way.

* For the record, I have worked in public schools and saw these things firsthand. Stairwells were another popular spot, and I personally stopped a few potential teen pregnancies (about to happen) in them.

Old 03-05-2014, 08:01 PM

Stopped em.............hell you should have had the knife out...........

Old 03-05-2014, 08:09 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,203,740 times
So, NOT really a problem with the bathroom rules. Should have said that in the thread title.

Old 03-05-2014, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
You pay for it............you want your whole little restroom broo ha ha........somebody will have to pay. I'm tired of paying for nonsense. Boys room.........girls room........it is that simple.
Unfortunately it isn't that simple for these kids (even adults), which none of us can possibly understand. I don't pretend to understand how they feel inside, I can only do my best to show tolerance and support where needed. And again, I personally have NO problem sharing a restroom with a M2F. Then again, I used to (occasionally) go to gay clubs where the restrooms had no gender assignments... so I might be more open-minded than most on this, lol.

Old 03-05-2014, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Stopped em.............hell you should have had the knife out...........
Well, I don't know about all that... but I did call the security guard over, and who knows what he did! Hehe.

Old 03-05-2014, 08:16 PM

No it isn't............you folks make us all pay for it.........for your madness. Leave us alone. Kids should be told what to do not the other way around........

Old 03-05-2014, 08:20 PM

1,782 posts, read 3,941,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I'm not speaking for me. If some female wants to stand next to me and ****, have at it. My wife and daughter feel differently when its a male next to them.
When it comes to public restrooms, the rules are set by the government and the property owner. Not the patrons.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies