Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2014, 06:45 PM

5,064 posts, read 5,728,879 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
Yep, except you are leaving out the part where it was done because Tea Party "Patriots" threatened to murder her and her family.

I guess her pleading the 5th is worse then people threatening to murder her. I see where your priorities are.

Asserting constitutional rights bad, threatening to murder a person and their entire family...perfectly acceptable.
Where does it say the threats were from Tea Party Members? Conservatives want her to testify. People threatening to kill her if she testifies would be people on the left.

It wouldn't be surprising if they were using language to sound like Tea Party members, and it certainly wouldn't be the first time liberals have pretended to be conservatives for things like this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2014, 06:46 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,101,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
im assuming you meant to the media, and NO!! they are not suppose to cherry pick them.

Are you being sarcastic, didnt understand me, or do you honestly believe it is Darrell Issa's job to mislead people ?
Sure they are supposed to cherry pick them.. Thats why there is 2 sides of it, so they both can cherry pick their side..

Thats like suggesting Obama has been totally honest in regards to ACA and didnt cherry pick data..

Ridiculous.

Old 03-05-2014, 06:47 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 22 days ago)

29,550 posts, read 16,539,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I meant emails that go out to the media, considering I was responding to someone that was discussing emails going out to the media, it should have been obvious..

Sorry to hear you got lost on the thread already, and its less than a page long.

Your comment doesnt make sense because you are saying you not only agree with,but believe it is Darrell Issa's job to deliberately mislead the american people.

That, or you didnt understand my comment.

Old 03-05-2014, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Your comment doesnt make sense because you are saying you not only agree with,but believe it is Darrell Issa's job to deliberately mislead the american people.

That, or you didnt understand my comment.
Are you telling me Democrats are too stupid to present the other side to the american people?

I very well understood your comment, it was stupid to pretend its the responsible for Republicans to present the Democratic argument for them

Old 03-05-2014, 06:48 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,075,809 times
Quote:
I meant emails that go out to the media, considering I was responding to someone that was discussing emails going out to the media, it should have been obvious..
Actually, no. That just makes it worse. First I just thought you were being incoherent. Now I see you were just being wrong.

Cherry picking those emails is actually unethical.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest
Sorry to hear you got lost on the thread already, and its less than a page long.
It's easy to get lost trying to make heads or tails of your posts. They are often completely unintelligible beyond the hatred that fuels them.

Old 03-05-2014, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Actually, no. That just makes it worse. First I just thought you were being incoherent. Now I see you were just being wrong.

Cherry picking those emails is actually unethical.

It's easy to get lost trying to make heads or tails of your posts. They are often completely unintelligible beyond the hatred that fuels them.
There is nothing unethical about presenting your side to the public. Thats beyond asinine..

Old 03-05-2014, 06:51 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 22 days ago)

29,550 posts, read 16,539,320 times
Quote:
Sure they are supposed to cherry pick them.. Thats why there is 2 sides of it, so they both can cherry pick their side..

Thats like suggesting Obama has been totally honest in regards to ACA and didnt cherry pick data..

Ridiculous.
For the sake of argument, lets say I agree with you there, are you now saying that was President Obama's job and that you condone what He and Issa did ?

Old 03-05-2014, 06:52 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,075,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
Where does it say the threats were from Tea Party Members?
Uuuuuhhhh... in the headline.

Old 03-05-2014, 06:53 PM

4,571 posts, read 3,520,074 times
obamabots be obamabots. Whatever they're told to think and say. One would think this would be troublesome to the left. Well, what goes around comes around.

Old 03-05-2014, 06:53 PM

Quote:
For the sake of argument, lets say I agree with you there, are you now saying that was President Obama's job and that you condone what He and Issa did ?
What was President Obamas job? The whole point of a hearing is for each side to present their side to the public..

Republicans show emails which indicate wrongdoing took place, Democrats show emails showing the actions were acceptable..

Thats kinda the process.. I've never once seen a prosecutor present the case for a defendant. Maybe you can cite me an example
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies