Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2014, 04:28 AM

26,468 posts, read 15,053,236 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post

Now let me give all you supply-side boys a boner,

Romney's Economic Plan Includes $6.6 Trillion Tax Cut For The Rich And Corporations | ThinkProgress

(and remember all that money would have been added to our deficits and national debt.)

With all due respect,
Chad.
Obama is the biggest supply side president ever.

Find a bigger trickle down program in US history than all of the QE under Obama. You can't.

You don't believe in trickle down and you applaud Obama when he says he opposes trickle down policies...then you quickly look the other way when he has the biggest trickle down policy ever on his watch. It would be nice if you had principles.

http://reason.com/archives/2012/09/13/occupy-the-fed

Oh and speaking of tax breaks, hypocrisy and sheer ignorance - when Obama says Romney would have let GM and Chrysler go bankrupt and then Obama's supporters go into hysterics... #1 GM and Chrysler DID go through bankruptcy, but the Obama administration didn't let them go through a normal bankruptcy, which means the new GM CEO and Obama's Car Czar have both said that they didn't do enough to fix GM's problems they just got government money thrown at it... #2 GM got massive tax breaks and consumer subsidies into the future that Obamabots always conveniently leave out of the equation when talking about the cost of saving GM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2014, 05:36 AM

8,227 posts, read 11,141,782 times
Quote:
It was GW Bush who passed the laws to allow the US government to spy on US citizens.

Bush Authorized Domestic Spying
Lawyers said Bush couldn’t spy on Americans. He did it anyway.

And when GW Bush was spying on US citizens republicans never complained. But the second GW Bush handed his spy network to Obama, then the US government spying on US citizens became wrong.

This thread is nothing more than a political attack on Obama (for something GW Bush created, started, and then handed to Obama.)
Wow you libs are still blaming bush? Bush has been out of office for FIVE years. This is all on Obama now.

Old 03-12-2014, 05:38 AM

8,227 posts, read 11,141,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
But, Barack O'Breezey is cool, he appeared on between 2 Ferns to promote Obamacare!
And he knows jay z and sings cool Al Green songs.

Old 03-12-2014, 05:50 AM

28,661 posts, read 18,764,698 times
Quote:
It was GW Bush who passed the laws to allow the US government to spy on US citizens.

Bush Authorized Domestic Spying
Lawyers said Bush couldn’t spy on Americans. He did it anyway.

And when GW Bush was spying on US citizens republicans never complained. But the second GW Bush handed his spy network to Obama, then the US government spying on US citizens became wrong.

This thread is nothing more than a political attack on Obama (for something GW Bush created, started, and then handed to Obama.)
I was working in the office that managed SR-71, U-2, and RC-135 (an NSA collection platform) reconnaissance missions in the early 80s. It was Reagan who by executive order authorized us for the first time to start spying on American citizens, at first for drug operations for the DEA and terrorist operations for the FBI. We were rather startled--it sure looked to us like a breach of posse comitatus.

This was one of the operations we participated in--I myself planned the U-2 mission that supported the April 19, 1985 seige of this domestic terrorist group in Arkansas.

Old 03-12-2014, 06:12 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
Feinstein is outraged that the CIA spied on her committee's internal meetings.
She says the CIA is violating the 4th Amendment !!
ROFLMAO.
Neither the WH nor the DOJ are speaking out.

They are eating their own now.
The CIA spying on the Intelligence Committee hearings. Oh the irony of it all.

I wonder who got that CIA spying info. I'm sure they didn't do it just for the sake of doing it.

Old 03-12-2014, 06:33 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,756,720 times
I do not have to "fight back" for my "freedoms" to be "restored". I never lost any to start with. I still say and do what I please. I do not have to fight congress or the "Intelligence" agencies. These are self referential organizations that will destroy themselves in their own self delusion.

Old 03-12-2014, 07:42 AM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Umm, Isnt this whole incident from like 2007/2008 ?
Not the "alleged" spying.

Old 03-12-2014, 08:13 AM

21,461 posts, read 10,562,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzmeister View Post
At what point are people and gov't offices going to go low-tech by using typewriters again? You know if the CIA is doing is, then so are the Chinese and Russians (maybe not on the senate, but on gov't agencies overall).

Old 03-12-2014, 10:17 AM

3,950 posts, read 5,086,255 times
Quote:
This thread is titled "Obama knew CIA secretly monitored intelligence committee, senator claims."

If this has been going on for decades under both parties, then why did the OP only mention Obama's name?
President Obama's name is in the title of this thread because that's the title of the Guardian article I linked to.

My observation is that the Intelligence Agencies have gone rouge and neither the President nor Congress know how to rein them back in. In essence, we've had a coup and our country is now run by a military junta.

Old 03-12-2014, 11:02 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,471,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Here's my read on Senator Feinstein's complaint:

Spying on American's? A-Ok! No problemo! Keep up the good work! I'll protect your cause!

Spying on Congress? What the **** is your problem you Constitution-hating zealots!
I think congress is the ones who NEED to be spied on..

I want to know who is taking bribes, etc
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies