Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2014, 03:28 AM

395 posts, read 546,275 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post

But republicans and libertarians are the same.

Huh?

From the Merriam-Webster Dictionary
lib·er·tar·i·an noun \ˌli-bər-ˈter-ē-ən, -ˈte-rē-\
: a person who believes that people should be allowed to do and say what they want without any interference from the government

Our History | Libertarian Party
Libertarians believe the answer to America's political problems is the same commitment to freedom that earned America its greatness: a free-market economy and the abundance and prosperity it brings; a dedication to civil liberties and personal freedom; and a foreign policy of non-intervention, peace, and free trade as prescribed by America's founders.

Platform | Libertarian Party
This segment outlines their platform, which is pro-choice and against any form of discrimination against people based on gender identity or practices.

Going to another source, outside of the party itself....
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liberta...(United_States)

I really don't see how they are the same as Republicans
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2014, 04:00 AM

2,737 posts, read 3,164,429 times
The UN would just move it's HQ to Geneva or Vienna.

Old 03-12-2014, 04:21 AM

395 posts, read 546,275 times
The UN already has three subsidiary headquarters in Geneva, Kenya, and Vienna, with another huge complex being constructed in Copenhagen. I imagine it would indeed just move.

I believe the best option for the US is to simply continue to not ratify treaties it cannot stand behind. Look at Kyoto...never ratified, because although the President might sign it, it takes an act of congress to make it law, thus ratifying it.
https://unfccc.int/kyoto_protocol/st...items/2613.php
In fact, the Kyoto Accord has still not been ratified by many countries.

The United Nations presents opportunities for cooperation, as well as challenges, for the US. It is in their interests to not completely walk away, but to simply hold their ground diplomatically.

Old 03-12-2014, 05:27 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,470,672 times
Without the UN where would they have sent Colin Powell to spew his nonsense about Mobile Weapons Labs? See how the UN can be abused by warmongering nations?

Old 03-12-2014, 05:37 AM

2,737 posts, read 3,164,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
Without the UN where would they have sent Colin Powell to spew his nonsense about Mobile Weapons Labs? See how the UN can be abused by warmongering nations?
The UN never sanctioned the US and allied operations in Iraq

Unlike Afghanistan which was UN sanctioned.

Old 03-12-2014, 08:08 AM

259 posts, read 151,410 times
If I were a psychologist I would try to find out what makes a grown man feel hatred towards an entire organization comprised of dozens of agencies and employing thousands of people. Surely you can disagree with the UN's chapter or some of its policies but hate the entire organization?

I am also going to bet that you live in one of the heartland states, have a high school level education and never been abroad.

God forbids, people from that "demographic" ever start formulating US foreign policy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Now that get's the award for the most humorous post of the day. Congratulations!

And that gets the award for the biggest lie of the day. I'm not a Republican or a dictator or a terrorist and I hate the UN. It's a sham. It's worse than useless.

Old 03-13-2014, 02:51 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,737,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
The parasite that brings about $2Billion in spending to NYC every year?
Yes. Spending tax money is still a parasite. Even if they spent $100 billion. That's because it's not their money. It's money taken from hard working tax payers.

Quote:
The UN does indeed have it`s shortcomings. They tried to talk us out of our Iraq fiasco but we knew better. Didn`t we?
So you agree that the UN was a total failure. They totally failed to stop the Iraq war. Thank you for supporting my assessment that the UN is worse than useless.

Old 03-13-2014, 03:09 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,931,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
I apologize, I concede you did not lie.

But republicans and libertarians are the same. When the republican presidential candidates have a republican (only) debate, there are libertarians in that debate. I saw Ron Paul in the republican only debate.

Changing the subject. I think Ron Paul is dangerous for America, but I still respect him. He was the only "no BS" candidate in the whole election.

Chad.
RP was/is a member of the R party for a long time. He has stated why that is. Third parties in the US are managed at every turn. If one chooses to see people through the lens of political labels then one is going to miss a great deal.

Old 03-13-2014, 03:20 PM

7,322 posts, read 6,925,052 times
Have you even read NATO agenda 21. ??

Old 03-13-2014, 03:28 PM

5,355 posts, read 5,132,164 times
So we get rid of the UN. Who acts on genocides, holds elections, attempts at peace talks? The US. Bullcrap. If they have oil maybe. The US government has much more bias and hidden agenda than the UN in any of these matters, and is frankly less qualified to do so.

Here's what the world needs, in every country: greater allegiance to an international governing body, with more than one intitution, so the UN + IMF + WTO + ... upholding basic human rights, resolving conflict, and maintaining trade agreements and free, unhindered trade between those who have such trade agreement. That is it. Then less allegiance to the state, or nation as we call it here in the US, and greater allegiance to provinces and local districts.

So here's how it goes. I am a citizen of the world, and my world rights are protected by the UN + others. I am a citizen of the US and my national rights are protected by the US. I am a Coloradan and my states rights are protected by Colorado.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies