Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2014, 08:00 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,740,361 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Wasn't implementing this immediately so important that it warranted shutting down the government, to include the WWII memorial, to avoid delaying it a year?
When Ted Cruz wanted to delay it democrats freaked. When boy king does it no problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2014, 08:03 PM

6,500 posts, read 6,037,907 times
The sad thing is, we will get liberals defending this. Talk about people with no back bones, no dignity. They'll make themselves look like absolute fools, all for the sake of their stupid, damaging agenda.

And to think, the media and libs fought so hard against even the thought of repealing this monstrosity. Yet Obama keeps moving the goal posts and now his buddies get exemptions until after he is gone?! You can't make this up, its that insane.

Old 03-05-2014, 08:05 PM

1,304 posts, read 1,576,237 times
Hehe, all of you just admitted that there is nothing Obama could do to make you happy.

That said, I don't care what happens with this law. I have the best health care money can buy. So, you all can suck it

Old 03-05-2014, 08:15 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Wasn't implementing this immediately so important that it warranted shutting down the government, to include the WWII memorial, to avoid delaying it a year?
Thats kinda where I am with it. It was so important to not deny one american the wonderful benefits in ACA, that we absolutely must do everything we can to get it started NOW..

oh wait, we can wait..

Its all a matter of spreading out the pain, so its not felt all at once. A handful of gripes spread out over a decade is far better than 1/2 the nation bitching at once.

Old 03-05-2014, 08:37 PM

6,369 posts, read 6,410,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Thats kinda where I am with it. It was so important to not deny one american the wonderful benefits in ACA, that we absolutely must do everything we can to get it started NOW..

oh wait, we can wait..

Its all a matter of spreading out the pain, so its not felt all at once. A handful of gripes spread out over a decade is far better than 1/2 the nation bitching at once.
You know, the political convenience and games-playing is one thing, but I'm a little concerned about the solvency of the insurance companies who built rates around factors that Obama has removed from the equation. And from where does Obama derive the money or authority to fix the insurance companies' problems?

We've been told that the ACA has a lot of moving parts and it is all designed to work together; the way Obama is putting it together, I think there are going to be a lot of parts left over. And it isn't going to work well at all.

Old 03-05-2014, 08:38 PM

6,369 posts, read 6,410,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosie_hair View Post
Hehe, all of you just admitted that there is nothing Obama could do to make you happy.

That said, I don't care what happens with this law. I have the best health care money can buy. So, you all can suck it
You think your plan is safe, but it is not. Nothing in the world of health care is safe.

Old 03-05-2014, 08:43 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopolo View Post
You know, the political convenience and games-playing is one thing, but I'm a little concerned about the solvency of the insurance companies who built rates around factors that Obama has removed from the equation. And from where does Obama derive the money or authority to fix the insurance companies' problems?

We've been told that the ACA has a lot of moving parts and it is all designed to work together; the way Obama is putting it together, I think there are going to be a lot of parts left over. And it isn't going to work well at all.
Dont need to worry about the solvency of the insurance companies. Those that participated in ACA exchanges are gauranteed a 3% profit margin, of course at the taxpayers expense.

Tax the poor, give to the rich corporate insurance companies while socializing losses. Its one big fat joke.

Old 03-05-2014, 09:31 PM

2,672 posts, read 2,718,496 times
Ok so tomorrow if you are a typical Tea Partier Republican you have to decide whether you are going down to the VA for your first appointment and then down to the clinic for your Medicare appointment. After that you go down to the Golden Corral for your afternoon meeting with your Tea Party friends so you can complain about gubbermint health care. Then you go down to check on your mother-father etc. in a Medicaid paid care center. After that you check up on your Meals on Wheels for you neighbor. Finally you end your day by writing a letter to the editor complaining about socialized medicine and specifically the ACA... You have to love the Tea Party.

Old 03-06-2014, 07:16 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,698,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by borregokid View Post
Ok so tomorrow if you are a typical Tea Partier Republican you have to decide whether you are going down to the VA for your first appointment and then down to the clinic for your Medicare appointment. After that you go down to the Golden Corral for your afternoon meeting with your Tea Party friends so you can complain about gubbermint health care. Then you go down to check on your mother-father etc. in a Medicaid paid care center. After that you check up on your Meals on Wheels for you neighbor. Finally you end your day by writing a letter to the editor complaining about socialized medicine and specifically the ACA... You have to love the Tea Party.
You have to be afraid of the TEA party; be very afraid. Elections are coming and it isn't going to be pretty for liberals who have no clue.

BTW, I don't know any people such as you describe. You run around with an odd crowd, in your imagination, perhaps?

Old 03-06-2014, 07:18 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,740,361 times
Right past the 2014 election, right past the 2016 election, what are dems hiding?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies