Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2014, 09:16 PM

1,507 posts, read 1,974,847 times

Advertisements

I see RM is whining that abortion is now very hard to come by in Texas. Well I was all for a womans right to choose. but then this asshat RM started her campaign against guns. Now I am voting Republican and be damned if I give a rip about a woman's right to choose. Although I am not a lover of the far right religious nuts, I can live with them much easier then the far left liberal anti gun, anti self defense, whiners on the left at MSNBC where they march for the thug Trayvon Martin and fight for the scum Aubul Jamal what ever his name is cop killer POS. I am sick and tired of the push for the lets all beat up on the white culture when its the black culture that is responsible for much of its own problems. So Screw RM and the abortion war. I could give a rip if any of you women have a choice. You want to take away my constitutional right to choose what gun I use, own or shoot, I would not support your Choice on reproductive issues if it paid 6 figures.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2014, 09:20 PM

3,555 posts, read 4,095,439 times
You're voting one way because of what a media personality said? Says a lot about your alleged principles. Any other talking points to shove in that rant?

Old 03-05-2014, 09:51 PM

32,062 posts, read 15,058,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saxondale351 View Post
I see RM is whining that abortion is now very hard to come by in Texas. Well I was all for a womans right to choose. but then this asshat RM started her campaign against guns. Now I am voting Republican and be damned if I give a rip about a woman's right to choose. Although I am not a lover of the far right religious nuts, I can live with them much easier then the far left liberal anti gun, anti self defense, whiners on the left at MSNBC where they march for the thug Trayvon Martin and fight for the scum Aubul Jamal what ever his name is cop killer POS. I am sick and tired of the push for the lets all beat up on the white culture when its the black culture that is responsible for much of its own problems. So Screw RM and the abortion war. I could give a rip if any of you women have a choice. You want to take away my constitutional right to choose what gun I use, own or shoot, I would not support your Choice on reproductive issues if it paid 6 figures.
Maybe you shouldn't vote then. I mean you own your vote...because it's what you believe. But if you are going to base it on what some talk show host said....sorry, that's just weird.

Old 03-05-2014, 09:55 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,589,904 times
It looks like I haven't missed out on anything since I stopped watching or visiting MSNBC completely.

Old 03-05-2014, 10:25 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,459,826 times
Abortion is very hard to come by in Texas? I live here and have heard nothing of the sort. It's been over four months since the 5th Circuit and, subsequently, SCOTUS have allowed the new laws to be enforced.

I was interested in whether the new laws had any effect on the number of abortions actually or whether they were a waste of pro-lifers' time (and whether opposing them was a waste of pro-choicers' time).

Old 03-05-2014, 10:29 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,935,420 times
Rachael Maddow is a two bit hack that couldn't work at a real network. Who pays attention to her anyway?

Old 03-05-2014, 10:35 PM

2,672 posts, read 2,717,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
Abortion is very hard to come by in Texas? I live here and have heard nothing of the sort. It's been over four months since the 5th Circuit and, subsequently, SCOTUS have allowed the new laws to be enforced.

I was interested in whether the new laws had any effect on the number of abortions actually or whether they were a waste of pro-lifers' time (and whether opposing them was a waste of pro-choicers' time).
My guess is driving 100-200 miles or so isnt going to be that big a burden. In fact if Texas was able to outlaw abortions the Mexican border would be wide open and even 500 miles or so might not slow abortions that much with Planned Parenthood providing support. At some point maybe Texas would have to declare war on Mexico and secede as has been suggested. That might solve the abortion problem. What would you do with Austin though?

Old 03-05-2014, 10:58 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,463,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by borregokid View Post
My guess is driving 100-200 miles or so isnt going to be that big a burden. In fact if Texas was able to outlaw abortions the Mexican border would be wide open and even 500 miles or so might not slow abortions that much with Planned Parenthood providing support. At some point maybe Texas would have to declare war on Mexico and secede as has been suggested. That might solve the abortion problem. What would you do with Austin though?
Most Mexican states, and most Mexican border states, ban abortion. Others allow abortion up to 12 weeks. Illegal abortions are common but... "seventeen percent of the Mexican women who obtained abortions in 2006 were treated in public hospitals for complications." https://guttmacher.org/media/nr/2009/02/02/index.html

Old 03-06-2014, 07:21 AM

1,138 posts, read 1,042,037 times
I no fan of Maddow, but basing your vote or position on an issue just because you dislike a media hack is dumb.

This is why most people shouldn't vote. They vote for the wrong reasons and base their stances on what other people tell them (or in this case, the opposite of what people tell them). Whatever happened to thinking for yourself?

Also, supporting abortion is anti freedom. It's violating the baby'sright to live. I hate how liberalism has hijacked the issue and tried to lump it in with '' Women's Rights '', how is killing baby girls pro Women's rights? It's a power of words that the liberal establishment uses to manipulate people, '' you are against abortion? You hate women then ''. Complete and utter asinine nonsense, but that's how propaganda works.

Old 03-06-2014, 10:35 AM

17,440 posts, read 9,266,927 times
There always seems to be some sort of 'panic' about Texas. I guess it's a good target when things are not going well for the Leftists. These two clinics that are closing have multiple safety violations and at least one of them has a problem getting a doctor. They finally managed to get a 75 year old doctor, but trouble finding another one.
They are Abortion Mills, some of the violations are that they ignore other health issues and have unsanitary conditions, rusty equipment, expired medications and don't follow minimum safety standards.

This is a report from Beaumont KBMT-12 News on the clinic closure that Rachel Maddow "reported" about.
Beaumont's abortion clinic is closing

This is the FOIA report that the same Beaumont KBMT-12 News requested about the inspection report on this clinic.
The Inspection was done on October 3, 2013, printed on October 18, 2013. FOIA received on October 30, 2013 AND request completed on the same day.
Texas Department of State Health Services -Request for Inspection of Whole Women's Health Beaumont

Note that the "News" article didn't mention a single violation by this Abortion Clinic and yet it's no secret in Texas that this particular Clinic (and several others in this chain of Abortion Clinics) is very problematic with many safety violations. It is not unreasonable for Abortion Clinics to follow the same Surgical Clinic rules that Dental Surgery Clinics follow - the Abortion Industry doesn't agree, and I guess that KBMT "News" doesn't either. They all sensationalize this stuff and act like women are not allowed to have birth control and soon won't even be allowed to have medical care at all. It's blatant Propaganda for the Low Information Audience.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies