Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-08-2014, 05:23 PM
 
Location: New Orleans, La. USA
6,354 posts, read 3,657,563 times
Reputation: 2522

Advertisements

This is off the subject, but I never knew the following.

"Human beings are currently causing the greatest mass extinction of species since the extinction of the dinosaurs 65 million years ago. If present trends continue one half of all species of life on earth will be extinct in less than 100 years, as a result of habitat destruction, pollution, invasive species, and climate change."

Mass Extinction Underway | Biodiversity Crisis | Global Species Loss
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-08-2014, 05:23 PM
 
29,407 posts, read 22,021,070 times
Reputation: 5455
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
I have no idea what you are talking about, nor do I want to know about the weird sites you visit.
So you don't even know what carbon credits are yet you argue for folks having to pay for it............not a shock.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-08-2014, 05:25 PM
 
Location: Portland, Oregon
46,001 posts, read 35,204,331 times
Reputation: 7875
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
So you don't even know what carbon credits are yet you argue for folks having to pay for it............not a shock.
I have no idea what site you are talking about, I know what carbon credits are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-08-2014, 05:25 PM
 
29,407 posts, read 22,021,070 times
Reputation: 5455
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
This is off the subject, but I never knew the following.

"Human beings are currently causing the greatest mass extinction of species since the extinction of the dinosaurs 65 million years ago. If present trends continue one half of all species of life on earth will be extinct in less than 100 years, as a result of habitat destruction, pollution, invasive species, and climate change."

Mass Extinction Underway | Biodiversity Crisis | Global Species Loss
Oh stop new species are found every day.........species die off every day........it's been going on forever but all of a sudden now we have to steal folks land to save a frog that can't even be found on their land? Utter insanity. You folks and your hysteria........

Meet the 20,000 new species we discovered in a single year
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-08-2014, 05:28 PM
 
29,407 posts, read 22,021,070 times
Reputation: 5455
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
I have no idea what site you are talking about, I know what carbon credits are.
Well like I said I got a billion of em thanks to kooks so I am doing MY PART. What are YOU doing other than your usual nothing on a thread?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-08-2014, 05:29 PM
 
Location: New Orleans, La. USA
6,354 posts, read 3,657,563 times
Reputation: 2522
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Oh BS...........at the end of the day we will most likely be entering an ice age and of course you folks will blame that on global warming too somehow. Just utter insanity.
Man made global warming could stop deep ocean currents, and then North America and parts of Europe would be covered in ice 365 days out of the year (at least that what NASA says.)

A Chilling Possibility - NASA Science
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-08-2014, 05:31 PM
 
29,407 posts, read 22,021,070 times
Reputation: 5455
Yeah it COULD...........that is your argument. So I COULD win the lottery..........why don't you global warmers pay me now just in case?

NASA has already been proven to falsify data too like the rest of the global crew so maybe next year they COULD tell the truth? I doubt it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-08-2014, 05:36 PM
 
Location: Victoria, BC.
33,559 posts, read 37,160,046 times
Reputation: 14017
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Oh stop new species are found every day.........species die off every day........it's been going on forever but all of a sudden now we have to steal folks land to save a frog that can't even be found on their land? Utter insanity. You folks and your hysteria........

Meet the 20,000 new species we discovered in a single year
These are not new species, they are just newly discovered species...Scientists have a better understanding of how many stars there are in the galaxy than how many species there are on Earth.

The rapid loss of species we are seeing today is estimated by experts to be between 1,000 and 10,000 times higher than the natural extinction rate...

I'm constantly amazed at how you deniers just make crap up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-08-2014, 05:41 PM
 
Location: Portland, Oregon
46,001 posts, read 35,204,331 times
Reputation: 7875
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Well like I said I got a billion of em thanks to kooks so I am doing MY PART. What are YOU doing other than your usual nothing on a thread?
Sure you do. you got a billion carbon credits from some random website.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-08-2014, 05:44 PM
 
29,407 posts, read 22,021,070 times
Reputation: 5455
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
These are not new species, they are just newly discovered species...Scientists have a better understanding of how many stars there are in the galaxy than how many species there are on Earth.

The rapid loss of species we are seeing today is estimated by experts to be between 1,000 and 10,000 times higher than the natural extinction rate...

I'm constantly amazed at how you deniers just make crap up.
We didn't know about em before so they are NEW in the food chain hero. What exactly is the natural extinction rate...........sounds like some made up global warming screech.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top