Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-08-2014, 05:47 PM
 
29,407 posts, read 22,009,955 times
Reputation: 5455

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Sure you do. you got a billion carbon credits from some random website.
And YOU do nothing like I said. I at least have kooks not taking showers for me to watch the Michigan/Indiana game.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-08-2014, 05:49 PM
 
Location: West Coast of Europe
25,947 posts, read 24,749,338 times
Reputation: 9728
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
We didn't know about em before so they are NEW in the food chain hero.
Tell me you're kidding
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-08-2014, 05:52 PM
 
Location: New Orleans, La. USA
6,354 posts, read 3,655,406 times
Reputation: 2522
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Oh stop new species are found every day.........species die off every day........it's been going on forever but all of a sudden now we have to steal folks land to save a frog that can't even be found on their land? Utter insanity. You folks and your hysteria........

Meet the 20,000 new species we discovered in a single year
"Each year, scientists discover an average of 15,000 new species."
Number of New Species Has Dropped : Discovery News

But you make it sound like nature creates 15,000 new species each year (and no nature does not create 15,000 new species each year.)


Scientists have documented more than 1.2 million species. That means scientists have taken written records, of over 1.2 million species, these species have been recorded in a "Biological/scientific classification."

But scientists predict that there are 8.7 million species on the planet. So their are still around 7 million species of animals, plants, fungi, protozoa, and chromists that scientists need to document and discover. But those 7 million unrecorded species are here as you read this, they just need to be documented/discovered.


Biological classification - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Number of New Species Has Dropped : Discovery News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-08-2014, 05:53 PM
 
29,407 posts, read 22,009,955 times
Reputation: 5455
You find 20K species you didn't know about before they are new to us as humans. How hard is that to figure out? I guess for folks who think every plant and animal life will die because co2 has been declared a pollutant in the near future it's pretty hard to figure out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-08-2014, 05:53 PM
 
Location: New Orleans, La. USA
6,354 posts, read 3,655,406 times
Reputation: 2522
How many new species does (nature) create each year?

(I couldn't find the answer to the above question.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-08-2014, 05:54 PM
 
29,407 posts, read 22,009,955 times
Reputation: 5455
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
"Each year, scientists discover an average of 15,000 new species."
Number of New Species Has Dropped : Discovery News

But you make it sound like nature creates 15,000 new species each year (and no nature does not create 15,000 new species each year.)


Scientists have documented more than 1.2 million species. That means scientists have taken written records, of over 1.2 million species, these species have been recorded in a "Biological/scientific classification."

But scientists predict that there are 8.7 million species on the planet. So their are still around 7 million species of animals, plants, fungi, protozoa, and chromists that scientists need to document and discover. But those 7 million unrecorded species are here as you read this, they just need to be documented/discovered.


Biological classification - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Number of New Species Has Dropped : Discovery News
What's the problem then............is that a puter model they are using? LOL

Oh so they are here...........but we just don't know about em and have never seen em.......but they are here. Hey I could use your same argument to say there are aliens from a hundred different planets "here".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-08-2014, 05:57 PM
 
Location: planet octupulous is nearing earths atmosphere
13,621 posts, read 12,733,455 times
Reputation: 20050
I just came from the spot that I built a beach that got destroyed in 1995, I started building the beach in 1984 i''ve been going to that shoreline since I was 8 years old and guess what the low tide was the same as it was 30 to 40 years ago.. how do I know this? I know that shoreline like the back of my hand.. and they are saying the sea level will rise up to 6 feet by the year 2100.. well it is impossible.. because I haven't seen a noticeable sea level rise in 40 years...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-08-2014, 05:58 PM
 
9,659 posts, read 10,228,924 times
Reputation: 3225
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
How many new species does (nature) create each year?

(I couldn't find the answer to the above question.)
Species are created over millions of years through various chaotic and adaptive changes over many generations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-08-2014, 06:05 PM
 
Location: New Orleans, La. USA
6,354 posts, read 3,655,406 times
Reputation: 2522
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
Species are created over millions of years through various chaotic and adaptive changes over many generations.
But how many new species come into existence each year??
Or how many new species come into existence every 1,000 years?

Chad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-08-2014, 06:32 PM
 
Location: New Orleans, La. USA
6,354 posts, read 3,655,406 times
Reputation: 2522
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
I just came from the spot that I built a beach that got destroyed in 1995, I started building the beach in 1984 i''ve been going to that shoreline since I was 8 years old and guess what the low tide was the same as it was 30 to 40 years ago.. how do I know this? I know that shoreline like the back of my hand.. and they are saying the sea level will rise up to 6 feet by the year 2100.. well it is impossible.. because I haven't seen a noticeable sea level rise in 40 years...
"Records and research show that sea level has been steadily rising at a rate of 1 to 2.5 millimeters (0.04 to 0.1 inches) per year since 1900."
Is sea level rising?


So that means sea levels would have only risen a few inches (at most) in the last 40 years. And things near the oceans like docks, piers, light houses, and boat launches, often get rebuilt and reinforced. And when they rebuild/reinforce these structures, the modifications would make these sea level increases very hard to see.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top