Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2014, 07:44 AM

1,304 posts, read 1,577,853 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
From the Republican base?

Did you even read, or did you just go straight into defense mode?

By the way, Obama is @ 35% approval rating among all voters and 57% with just the Democrats polling.
Well, I'm not in defensive mode or anything. I don't really care who's president. All of this talk about health care and/or unemployment benefits have absolutely nothing to do with me. I've never been on unemployment. Even when I wasn't employed, it never felt right to go on unemployment, so I never did. I have the best healthcare money can buy. The reason I work 60 hours a week is because I do the work of 2 people. So, none of these politics have anything to do with me.

It's just that seeing people voting against their interest is like watching a train wreck.

Anyway, chances are we'll have a republican congress and probably a republican presidency in a couple years. Again, I don't care because it doesn't affect me at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2014, 08:01 AM

59,291 posts, read 27,456,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosie_hair View Post
I don't know, but would like to point out Bush's numbers were in the 30s in this time of his term.
So is Obama's!

"Just 38 percent of voters approve of the way the president is handling his job, while 54 disapprove -- a new low for the survey. While 71 percent of Democrats approve of the president, just 5 percent of Republicans and 28 percent of independents do too.

"Three in five survey respondents said the country is worse off than it was five years ago;

Fox Poll: Obama Approval Rating at New Low | RealClearPolitics

He will always keep most of the dem support but, his support among Independence, who IMO, are the "swing" to elections, is dropping very fast.

Old 03-06-2014, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by capn kangaroo View Post
Lol, yes because we all know how much the rightwing cares about our childrens future
Ah a very poor attempt at a cheap shot.
If I am NOT mistaken MORE repubs Home School ans send their kids to PRIVATE schools because ewe DON'T CARE about our kids future.

Old 03-06-2014, 08:06 AM

924 posts, read 668,246 times
An unscientific Fox news web poll that makes Obama look bad?

No. Not possible.

Old 03-06-2014, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
It seems to be with the large military cuts coming, and the lowest deficit growth since Clinton, this Democratic administration is making steps in the right direction.
When you raise the deficit as HIGH as he has done, it is not HARD to reduce it a little.

The CBO says the the deficit will drop a little this year and then RETURN to going HIGHER EACH YEAR for the foreseeable future.

Old 03-06-2014, 08:11 AM

1,743 posts, read 1,661,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosie_hair View Post
Well, I'm not in defensive mode or anything. I don't really care who's president. All of this talk about health care and/or unemployment benefits have absolutely nothing to do with me. I've never been on unemployment. Even when I wasn't employed, it never felt right to go on unemployment, so I never did. I have the best healthcare money can buy. The reason I work 60 hours a week is because I do the work of 2 people. So, none of these politics have anything to do with me.

It's just that seeing people voting against their interest is like watching a train wreck.

Anyway, chances are we'll have a republican congress and probably a republican presidency in a couple years. Again, I don't care because it doesn't affect me at all.

Do you pay taxes here in the USA? If you answer yes , then yeah it sure does have to do with you and will affect you.

Old 03-06-2014, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecstatic Magnet View Post
An unscientific Fox news web poll that makes Obama look bad?

No. Not possible.
I get it, EVERY poll that shows Obama in a good light is "scientific" , if you can find one, and a poll sponsored by FOX is NOT scientific.

Please explain, since you made the claim, that the FOX poll is less scientific then any other poll.
I'll be waiting. This oughta be fun.

Old 03-06-2014, 08:31 AM

8,949 posts, read 12,156,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Exactly.

That particular form of measurement is a moving target. Note that it's subject to revision as of 2009:

Employment Situation News Release - BLS
Care to comment on the four other key economic indicators that indicate dramatic improvement or are you just going to hang your hat on labor participation rate?

Old 03-06-2014, 08:33 AM

8,949 posts, read 12,156,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aedubber View Post
Numbers from a recession and now? Thats not comparable as you could throw a 5 year old in as president and would of produced an outcome the same...

Lets take 2012 numbers and compare them to today.
So, admittedly, when Obama took over we were in a severe recession, and under Obama's leadership we've recovered?

So people who say the "country is better off today" are correct?

</Thread>

Old 03-06-2014, 08:47 AM

89,242 posts, read 44,979,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
Care to comment on the four other key economic indicators that indicate dramatic improvement or are you just going to hang your hat on labor participation rate?
Dramatic improvement? Hardly.

Oh, look... more downward revisions...
Quote:
Q4 GDP growth was revised down to 2.4% at an annualized pace from the BEA's initial 3.2% estimate published a month ago. Personal consumption growth was revised down to 2.6% from 3.3%. Market economists were looking for smaller downward revisions to 2.5% and 2.9%, respectively.
Q4 2013 US GDP Second Estimate

Everyone knows the numbers released by the Obama Admin are a joke. Downward revision after the fact is SOP. Well, maybe everyone knows except for the duped Dem voters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies