Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2014, 08:03 PM

7,487 posts, read 5,741,875 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikBEggs View Post
This is no strawman. I want these graphs justified.

The right-wing has a blind adoration of the ultra-rich. I'm asking for a reasonable explanation.
If you look up the income gap over the last 6 years you will find Obama made them ultra rich. Liberals create their own despair and blame everyone else for their suffering

Quite frankly, I've done well since he's been in office. Sadly the very people who voted for him and believe he's their savior are the ones who suffer the most.

Old 03-07-2014, 08:04 PM

7,846 posts, read 6,400,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post
If you look up the income gap over the last 6 years you will find Obama made them ultra rich. Liberals create their own despair and blame everyone else for their suffering
Classic argument.

Which Obama policy made the 1% ultra rich?

Plus, the data provided was all prior to Obama. This is a 30+ year problem, not a 6 year problem.

Old 03-07-2014, 08:06 PM

7,487 posts, read 5,741,875 times
Quote:
Classic argument.

Which Obama policy made the 1% ultra rich?

Plus, the data provided was all prior to Obama. This is a 30+ year problem, not a 6 year problem.
If your going to grab mother jones graphs cut and paste your not going to do any serious research. Do you realize he has pumped 85 billion a month into the corporations your trying to vilify? He's done this since he's been in office. . Not only has he pumped billions into American corporations but made multinationals ultra rich as well.

Old 03-07-2014, 08:09 PM

7,846 posts, read 6,400,307 times
Quote:
If your going to grab mother jones graphs cut and paste your not going to do any serious research. Do you realize he has pumped 85 billion a month into the corporations your trying to vilify?
1) President Obama doesn't control what Ben Bernanke / Janet Yellen does.
2) President Obama doesn't construct Federal Budgets
3) Quantitative Easing bailouts prevented a double-dip recession

Old 03-07-2014, 08:25 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,311,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
I've never worked for a poor man either. I don't believe they have enough to trickle up.

There are sure more people in India now that can say that they work for a rich man

Old 03-07-2014, 08:27 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,111,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Splain to me why the inequality gap has become ever bigger as government has become ever bigger.
Chart: Tax Freedom Day By Year, 1900-2013 | Tax Foundation

And splain why the counties surrounding DC are now by far the richest in the US.
The D.C. suburbs dominate the list of wealthiest U.S. counties

Left wingers, I'm looking at you. Justify this.
Because the federal govt has had to increasingly prop up the economy with welfare, govt spending, and wars due to the private sector setting up shop overseas and using automation.

Here's a non motherjones graph:

Wages as % of GDP vs private sector profts

That wealth ain't trickling down, the rich are getting richer through globalization and technology. America needs a real infrastructure package instead of more welfare and more wars.

Old 03-07-2014, 08:29 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,111,917 times
Quote:
If your going to grab mother jones graphs cut and paste your not going to do any serious research. Do you realize he has pumped 85 billion a month into the corporations your trying to vilify? He's done this since he's been in office. . Not only has he pumped billions into American corporations but made multinationals ultra rich as well.
He didn't pump into corporations, that's not how it works.

Have you considered your notion of capitalism is broken?

Old 03-07-2014, 08:32 PM

4,911 posts, read 3,427,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Well, I have yet to work for a poor man.....

You?
What the hell does that matter?

Old 03-07-2014, 08:34 PM

41,111 posts, read 25,710,838 times
Quote:
1) President Obama doesn't control what Ben Bernanke / Janet Yellen does.
2) President Obama doesn't construct Federal Budgets
3) Quantitative Easing bailouts prevented a double-dip recession

Indeed, crony capitalism has gotten even worse under Obama.

The war between liberals and conservatives is a false divide-and-conquer dog-and-pony show created by the powers that be to keep the American people divided and distracted.

Old 03-07-2014, 08:39 PM

4,911 posts, read 3,427,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
The entire "trickle down" meme is a lie.

The theory has never existed outside liberal/progressive politician straw men arguments who invented it simply to discredit it.

Greatest myth/lie of politics in the last 100 years imho.

and before the "but David Stockman, Reagan's budget director, said 'trickle down' in an interview" rebuttal, Dr. Sowell was kind enough to crush that as well - trickle down ignorance

We now return you to your straw man fallacy circle jerk.....

Oh really? You expect us to believe that bulll****? My God it's astounding the crap cons will outright lie about and expect us to swallow it. Trickle down economics is NOT a strawman. I remember Reagan pushing it in 1980. He called it supply side economics and argued that "a rising tide lifts all boats"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.