Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2014, 09:29 PM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I doubt this happens a lot. I follow politics, but I have never seem anything like that before. Issa should be dismissed.
It doesn't happen a lot. Issa just uses his position to go on political witch hunts. It's quite amazing how much damage he's done to the committee's public perception in such a short period of time.

Does anyone outside of right wing extremists see Issa and the committee as anything more than an outlet for pushing right wing anti-Obama propaganda?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2014, 09:33 PM

32,060 posts, read 15,055,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
I plead the 5th - stonewalling. Yes this is the IRS
Isn't pleading the 5th part of our Constitutional right? Do you also question our 2nd amendment or do you fight fiercely to protect it.

5,503 posts, read 7,332,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
It was a nasty, angry, out-of-control rant by Rep. Elijah Cummings. Someone needed to put him in his place. Glad Issa did it.

I wonder how long it's going to take before Issa is accused of being a racist.

Boehner: Issa within 'rights' to shut down lawmaker - CNN.com
The democrats played it just the way they wanted to. The Black man was put down by the white man. A great media story to take away from the impeachable acts of this administration in their use of the IRS to effect an election. Hey, even we're talking about it!

4,911 posts, read 3,429,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
In more recent history, another Congressional committee chairman who did the same thing as Issa did - shutting off the mikes and not giving the opposition a chance to talk was James Sensenbrenner of Wisconsin.

I'd doubt that Issa is going to get his chairmanship pulled for rules infractions, given that the House leadership, e.g. Boehner, doesn't mind, or even welcomes Issa's role as an attack dog on Obama. He'd be more likely to be pulled for ineffectiveness - he's churned up hearing after hearing to manufacture scandals and have come up with essentially nothing to show for it.
James Sensenbrenner was also a Republican. Was that your point, that Republicans have pulled this **** before

Old 03-07-2014, 09:44 PM

4,911 posts, read 3,429,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaten_Drinker View Post
When the Democrats were in the majority and Henry Waxman was the chairman, he threatened to have Issa PHYSICALLY REMOVED from the hearing because he asked a question that Waxman refused to answer about the rules.
Yeah, here's the Youtube link. listen very carefully and at the end you'll hear him say "Mrs Watson is now recognized" What part of he allowed other members to speak and Issa didn't is too complicated for you?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zr3HuRZFbfk

Old 03-07-2014, 09:51 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,727,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikoshaprl View Post
The democrats played it just the way they wanted to. The Black man was put down by the white man. A great media story to take away from the impeachable acts of this administration in their use of the IRS to effect an election. Hey, even we're talking about it!
Yep, you got that right.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 03-07-2014 at 09:56 PM.. Reason: rude

Old 03-07-2014, 10:40 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,357,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
I plead the 5th <--- Democrats having their say
Make that singular. Only ONE Democrat pled the 5th. Know the difference, petch.

Many Democrats want to get to the bottom of this just as much as the Republicans, because the IRS is an equal opportunity slapper. What slaps the Republicans today can slap the Democratic party just as hard tomorrow.

Old 03-07-2014, 11:07 PM

3,955 posts, read 7,197,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmjv View Post
The colored guy had to be put in his place because he wanted to say something as a member of the committee?
Issa is "colored" too. He's Arab American!

Old 03-08-2014, 12:35 AM

26,680 posts, read 28,665,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroGuy View Post
Issa is "colored" too. He's Arab American!
Technically, I'm pretty sure that there is a white Arab minority in northern African countries.

With that said, if I were Issa, I think I'd keep a stash of bananas under the desk just in case Cummings gets out of hand again. It's good to be prepared.

Old 03-08-2014, 05:34 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,727,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Make that singular. Only ONE Democrat pled the 5th. Know the difference, petch.

Many Democrats want to get to the bottom of this just as much as the Republicans, because the IRS is an equal opportunity slapper. What slaps the Republicans today can slap the Democratic party just as hard tomorrow.
At least you realize it. Liberal media forgot to tell their listeners that yes the IRS is in fact an equal opportunity slapper.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies