Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-11-2014, 08:32 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,754,107 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassy001 View Post
I do not believe they are 'born that way'. Culture, upbringing, peers all play a part in that. But they are not 'born that way'.
Yes, they are born that way. The gay brain is wired differently, and science shows epi-genes/hormones cause the change in fetal development. Culture/upbringing plays no role, since gays are found in every culture/family type, even those extremely against gays, like Iran or ultra-religious households.

How about you actually ask a gay person and stop believing lies.

Old 03-11-2014, 08:33 AM

11,754 posts, read 14,621,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post

The argument has always been over how we provide these legal protections. Some wish to simply roll gay marriage into traditional marriage, others want to offer the same protections under a civil union.
This is far from the truth. As far as I know, every state that he enacted a prohibition of same sex marriage has also prohibited other arrangements that provide the same legal benefits.

Old 03-11-2014, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
if you are gay...really and truly gay...

you'll never be able to look at your child, and to the person you love, and say to yourselves "we made that".

because you can't.

biological fact.

keep marriage biological!
Procreation is not required for marriage for any couple, thus your argument is invalid.

Old 03-11-2014, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CousinMaynard View Post
none of the above post has anything to do with the question "what is the reasoning behind guay marriage?", other than to possibly reinforce the point that was made at the beginning of the thread, that the homosexual offenders (Corinthians 6:9-10) are bent on exacting vengeance on society for perceived mistreatment.
How many times are you going to throw in Corinthians in your arguments? It's meaningless and you don't understand it anyway. Do you think that adds to your post?

Anti-gays who demonize gays will be judged in the way they judge gays and Jesus will declare he doesn't know you (Matthew 7)

Old 03-11-2014, 08:41 AM

872 posts, read 826,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Yes, they are born that way. The gay brain is wired differently, and science shows epi-genes/hormones cause the change in fetal development. Culture/upbringing plays no role, since gays are found in every culture/family type, even those extremely against gays, like Iran or ultra-religious households.

How about you actually ask a gay person and stop believing lies.
I did....I was told from 3 gay people.....it is a choice they made.

Old 03-11-2014, 08:43 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,364,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
I am sorry that you are struggling with your family and your faith. I can't see what opening up civil marriage to all has to do with your personal family relationships or your faith? If it is so brittle as to be affected by something so remote, then IMO you have a lot of work to do.
Sure go ahead and not see it for what it is.

Are we not being pushed to a more secular society ?
The family structure has been changing since LBJ's great programs went into effect.

Yeah..deflect it all back to me personally because you don't want to deal with it.

Government will pick up the pieces.
Government will take over for the family pillar and give you money and take care of your kids.
Government will take over for the religion pillar and tell you what is right and wrong via legislation.

"It takes a village" remember ? The village is the government.

You can't debate that the 2 pillars are not crumbling ?

Old 03-11-2014, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassy001 View Post
I did....I was told from 3 gay people.....it is a choice they made.
I don't believe you. Every gay person I know never made a choice. Nobody chooses their attractions, so I believe you aren't telling the truth.

Old 03-11-2014, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
S

Are we not being pushed to a more secular society ?
We've always been secular. I'd argue we're more religious than we used to be, since Christian Fundamentalism didn't exist when this country was founded, and the religious right wasn't influencing politics.

Old 03-11-2014, 08:53 AM

14,293 posts, read 9,664,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
In order to have a LEGAL CIVIL MARRIAGE (that is what we are discussing) you do in fact need to get that piece of paper from the government.

ANYONE can have a personal ceremony with anybody, or anything they want, no one is stopping them.
Agreed.

Two corporations can come to a legal agreement to share property and wealth, and have it protected by government.

If I'm a man with no other commitments or obligations, and my old army buddy and I want to live together, and share our wealth and property together, it's no one else's business. Why shouldn't we have our desires in this arrangement protected by law? It's not like we are asking for anything else from anyone.

Old 03-11-2014, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
Agreed.

Two corporations can come to a legal agreement to share property and wealth, and have it protected by government.

If I'm a man with no other commitments or obligations, and my old army buddy and I want to live together, and share our wealth and property together, it's no one else's business. Why shouldn't we have our desires in this arrangement protected by law? It's not like we are asking for anything else from anyone.
In states where SSM is legal you can. Go for it. Plenty of heterosexuals marry out of convenience. What's the difference?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.