Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2014, 12:06 PM

4,919 posts, read 4,832,582 times

Advertisements

Just a guess .. (see below)

Quote:
House Republicans said Friday that the IRS has agreed to turn over documents and emails from Lois G. Lerner, the agency’s former employee who was at the center of the tea party targeting scandal.

The announcement comes after months of jockeying between House Ways and Means Committee Chairman Dave Camp and the IRS, which had said it was wading through hundreds of thousands of documents requested by House Republicans in their investigation into the targeting.

Some Lerner documents have already been turned over and they have only stoked investigators’ interests, particularly because some seem to hint that the IRS was planning a crackdown on nonprofit groups years ago — or well before an internal audit last year revealed the tea party targeting.
IRS to turn over Lerner emails in tea party targeting probe - Washington Times

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2014, 01:33 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,680,593 times
Wink What? can't you see it, its right there

See absolutely no evidence of illegal activity.

Old 03-07-2014, 01:44 PM

57,221 posts, read 26,172,300 times
Washington Orchestrated, everyone in DC. I think he means the IRS and aren't they supposed to be reviewing 501c4's. Funny stuff, love the orchestrating part.

Quote:
“From the few Lerner documents we have received, we know that Washington, D.C. orchestrated the targeting of groups applying for tax-exempt status,

Old 03-07-2014, 01:56 PM

6,500 posts, read 6,033,806 times
So what was their reasoning for waiting so long? How do we know some weren't scrubbed or modified?

Old 03-07-2014, 02:01 PM

4,919 posts, read 4,832,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
See absolutely no evidence of illegal activity.
I just had cataract surgery Bulldogdad!

Could you repost that in High Contrast?

Old 03-07-2014, 02:04 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,719,480 times
Looks like blackout. With the Obama administration why would we expect anything else.

Old 03-07-2014, 02:11 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,680,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrClose View Post
I just had cataract surgery Bulldogdad!

Could you repost that in High Contrast?
Hold please for Dear Leaders FCC PSA.......

Old 03-07-2014, 02:35 PM

6,500 posts, read 6,033,806 times
Quote:
The announcement comes after months of jockeying between House Ways and Means Committee Chairman Dave Camp and the IRS, which had said it was wading through hundreds of thousands of documents requested by House Republicans in their investigation into the targeting.[LEFT]

[/LEFT]

This whole thing is just stupid. If you and I were being investigated, they wouldnt simply ask for documents, hoping we supply them and all of them. They would come to our house, take our computers and anything else they wanted. Yet the IRS gets to go through all the documents and emails first?! What sort of sense does that make?

These government groups, are essentially accountable to no one. They are treated better than you and I, the people.

This is the IRS, there is no reason to comb through anything. All information requested should have been turned over IMMEDIATELY. And had it not, they should have been force-ably taken. If I were being investigated, and could simply delay or refuse to turn things over until I felt like it, Id sure as hell make sure there was little evidence they could use against me. And I have no doubt, the IRS is doing the same.

Old 03-07-2014, 02:38 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,447,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
This whole thing is just stupid. If you and I were being investigated, they wouldnt simply ask for documents, hoping we supply them and all of them. They would come to our house, take our computers and anything else they wanted. Yet the IRS gets to go through all the documents and emails first?! What sort of sense does that make?

These government groups, are essentially accountable to no one. They are treated better than you and I, the people.

This is the IRS, there is no reason to comb through anything. All information requested should have been turned over IMMEDIATELY. And had it not, they should have been force-ably taken. If I were being investigated, and could simply delay or refuse to turn things over until I felt like it, Id sure as hell make sure there was little evidence they could use against me. And I have no doubt, the IRS is doing the same.
Of course!

Old 03-07-2014, 02:38 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,113,952 times
Of course the documents are being scrubbed! Do you think Barack Obama would allow documents that show his Administration attempted to influence the election to ever see the light of day? That's like Hitler sharing architectural drawings of incinerators with the Ambassador to Israel for approval prior to construction. Not a chance in the world will the documents that matter be made public!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies