Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Poll
It was hijacked by muslims and crashed 9 5.42%
It was hijacked by the pilots (also mulims) and crashed 26 15.66%
It was hijacked by muslims and landed elsewhere 18 10.84%
It was hijacked by the muslim pilots and landed elsewhere 32 19.28%
It crashed due to mechanical problems 26 15.66%
It was raptured 5 3.01%
It was taken by aliens 21 12.65%
It passed into another dimension 29 17.47%
Voters: 166. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2014, 06:46 AM

15,859 posts, read 21,436,084 times

Advertisements

Why do we assume the media is telling us everything (or investigators are telling the media everything) and why on earth is that a bad thing? This is an active terrorism investigation. Of course we're not going to get minute by minute - or even day by day - updates on the latest hypothesis. The info we've gotten thus far is at least a day old by the time we hear and has been well-considered if the public's knowledge is going to hurt the investigation.

If the plane IS in a hangar somewhere in Central Asia, there is no way that any of the government authorities from ANY government want that news to hit press. Its better to keep it in speculation.

We won't know the real truth until after the plane is recovered. I'm OK with that. Our collective level of morbid curiosity does not matter in the grand scheme of the investigation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2014, 06:51 AM

37,801 posts, read 41,003,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 415_s2k View Post
That's what a lot of people are saying on Al Jazeera, of course... what I respond with is that I can't see what the US could possibly gain from making an airliner that was only carrying like one American - who was a pretty normal guy from Ohio IIRC - vanish into thin air.
Last night they said it was 2 adults and an infant.

Old 03-17-2014, 07:33 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,851,724 times
I think my proposed conspiracy theory was as good as any of the others provided herein. After all, it's not like logic and reason is being exercised. The plane had catastrophic electrical failures that incapacitated the crew and flew on until crashing somewhere in the Indian Ocean. But hey, that is much less "newsworthy" for media, huh?

Last edited by florida.bob; 03-17-2014 at 07:43 AM..

Old 03-17-2014, 07:38 AM

43,657 posts, read 44,375,612 times
I heard on one of the TV news programs that the last spoken communication was with the co-pilot and this is around the time the transponder was shut off. Does this incriminate more the first officer?

Old 03-17-2014, 08:45 AM

14,975 posts, read 16,457,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
I think my proposed conspiracy theory was as good as any of the others provided herein. After all, it's not like logic and reason is being exercised. The plane had catastrophic electrical failures that incapacitated the crew and flew on until crashing somewhere in the Indian Ocean. But hey, that is much less "newsworthy" for media, huh?
Then why did the communications systems go out at different times?

Why the change in course (unless they knew there was a problem and turned around while they still could)?

Why all the ascending and descending?

What kind of electrical failure would incapacitate the crew? A depressurization might, but not an electrical failure as far as I know.

Old 03-17-2014, 08:48 AM

14,975 posts, read 16,457,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
I heard on one of the TV news programs that the last spoken communication was with the co-pilot and this is around the time the transponder was shut off. Does this incriminate more the first officer?
No. He didn't say anything suspicious. The captain had practiced making the 777 "invisible," his wife and children may gave left the day before the flight, and he was politically active and a supporter of a man jailed for homosexuality hours before the flight.

Old 03-17-2014, 09:19 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,851,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
Then why did the communications systems go out at different times?

Why the change in course (unless they knew there was a problem and turned around while they still could)?

Why all the ascending and descending?

What kind of electrical failure would incapacitate the crew? A depressurization might, but not an electrical failure as far as I know.
Probably not a lot different than this event ...

1999 South Dakota Learjet crash - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 03-17-2014, 09:31 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,375,370 times
Flight MH370 and the CIA's secret interrogation base at U-Tapao Thailand (EXCLUSIVE) | War and Conflict

I love this "theory"....75 hrs of. Investigation came up with this.
Might fit better with my girlfriend and what her Special Ops son said that
3 CIA agents were aboard.

Basically for those that don't click the link....planes switched, landed in "secret"
airstrip used often for years...has to do with Chinese passengers involved with
important "stuff"....it explains it all in article.

Gosh, any govt can feed the public anything....we know nothing.

Old 03-17-2014, 09:33 AM

4,738 posts, read 4,433,724 times
What a stupid poll.

its becoming evident that the pilot (or pilots) had something to do with the the plan going missing. yet this doesn't mean such an action came from their religion or something else.

Old 03-17-2014, 09:34 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,375,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
No. He didn't say anything suspicious. The captain had practiced making the 777 "invisible," his wife and children may gave left the day before the flight, and he was politically active and a supporter of a man jailed for homosexuality hours before the flight.
The captain really DID practice making it invisible? I have not heard that reported
on the news. Do u know where I could find that info?
Thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies