Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Poll
It was hijacked by muslims and crashed 9 5.42%
It was hijacked by the pilots (also mulims) and crashed 26 15.66%
It was hijacked by muslims and landed elsewhere 18 10.84%
It was hijacked by the muslim pilots and landed elsewhere 32 19.28%
It crashed due to mechanical problems 26 15.66%
It was raptured 5 3.01%
It was taken by aliens 21 12.65%
It passed into another dimension 29 17.47%
Voters: 166. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2014, 12:30 PM

29,094 posts, read 25,996,493 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
No distress call.........no wreckage........no anything other than the pilot who had a flight simulator on his PC............which is supposed to make him enemy one. lol
For the record, it was not just on his PC, it was much more elaborately built.

Now, here is a chance for you to learn how to have a more productive discussion.

Harrier already knows what you are going to say: "So, because he built a flight simulator himself, it makes him a hijacker?"

Instead of responding in such a bombastic manner, take a deep breath, count to three, and think "Harrier didn't actually say that the man was a hijacker, he just clarified what was the nature of the simulator for accuracy".

Now, doesn't it feel better not being so presumptive?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2014, 12:39 PM

3,145 posts, read 5,956,375 times
I'm not going to say the pilot was or was not involved. I'll just say that flight simulators are not out of the ordinary for pilots to have for their personal use.

(Pakistan)

Old 03-19-2014, 12:42 PM

29,407 posts, read 21,996,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
For the record, it was not just on his PC, it was much more elaborately built.

Now, here is a chance for you to learn how to have a more productive discussion.

Harrier already knows what you are going to say: "So, because he built a flight simulator himself, it makes him a hijacker?"

Instead of responding in such a bombastic manner, take a deep breath, count to three, and think "Harrier didn't actually say that the man was a hijacker, he just clarified what was the nature of the simulator for accuracy".

Now, doesn't it feel better not being so presumptive?
Problem is "harrier" folks are saying because he had a flight simulator he is the main suspect. I have one on my PC too. It means absolutely nothing.

Old 03-19-2014, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cape_fisherman View Post
I'm not going to say the pilot was or was not involved. I'll just say that flight simulators are not out of the ordinary for pilots to have for their personal use.

(Pakistan)
Or out of the ordinary for anybody. That is what is being missed.

Old 03-19-2014, 01:41 PM

2,418 posts, read 2,034,370 times
another "what if": supposedly the left turn was the last known direction the plane took. What if, at some point, the plane turned again? Everything I have seen & read does not give the search area a complete radius from the last known location - just those two arcs. Possibly I have not seen all reports, but if I had a loved one on that plane, I would hope they would search an entire radius of possible flight/ fuel availability. IDK...lotta what ifs.

Old 03-19-2014, 02:12 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,458,236 times
Why can't they just position a satellite, zoom, and enhance?

Old 03-19-2014, 02:13 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,453,455 times
Malaysia plane: Some data deleted from pilot's flight simulator - latimes.com

The captain deleted some data on his home flight simulator, the one on which they already know he practiced making the 777 "invisible."

Old 03-19-2014, 02:21 PM

88,971 posts, read 44,780,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Why can't they just position a satellite, zoom, and enhance?
Because Malaysia, Thailand, China, and any other country involved in monitoring the applicable regional airspace at the time either don't have the satellite or other capabilities of tracking the path the airline flew, don't want to disclose what they do and do not know because that would expose their military capabilities or lack thereof, are just plain severely lacking compared to U.S. technology and capabilities, or are incompetent in matters such as this. Any or all of the above.

By now, if the plane was hijacked and flown to an undisclosed location, it's either disguised with a different paint job and registration number painted on the tail, or hidden in a hangar.

Old 03-19-2014, 02:31 PM

Its a stupid computer simulator..........and how do you make a commercial airliner invisible? I'd like to know that answer.

Old 03-19-2014, 02:48 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,486,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Its a stupid computer simulator..........and how do you make a commercial airliner invisible? I'd like to know that answer.
If you tail another airplane or fly low you are invisible on radar (kind of)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies