Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2014, 12:35 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,730,963 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
The bold is so ironic considering you are on a thread started by a Libertarian bashing liberals.

Also, You are actually wrong about the Religion thing. They poll these things and the Leaders of your party call Democrats godless all the time and run on "Christian values". Even your legislative pushes are about religion alot of the time.

The second bold makes no sense either, debt in this nation hasnt gone down since the 1800's, That means you have had about 20 Republican that you have re-categorized as liberal .
I never heard that. Telling us what we believe again?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2014, 12:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
I have never heard a single republican advocate for a 0% tax rate, so by definition, they all do that. Its just a debate over the amount.

Your comment is about the purest fallacy i have seen in a while.
Who wants government to advocate a 0% tax rate? Why do liberals take everything that is said to an "extreme"? Do you have comprehension problems. You learn the liberal way well, attack anyone who you don't agree with. Think about that and your friend... you know what I mean. Get a grip, seriously.

We need to pay taxes but everyone should have skin and pay. And anyone who said they advocated a 0% tax rate I wouldn't vote for because they would be as full of bulls** as liberals are.

Last edited by petch751; 03-24-2014 at 12:53 AM..

Old 03-24-2014, 12:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DT113876 View Post
I think I'm finally come to the realization I am not a liberal anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Good for you I guess? Ex Libertarian, leaning liberal here. Don't you feel like a special little snowflake now?
yea I meant to warn you about this DT113876.

Old 03-24-2014, 05:25 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DT113876 View Post
I think I'm finally come to the realization I am not a liberal anymore. I see where liberalism is headed, and its all about somebody else controlling your life, telling you what to do- the reaction to electronic cigarettes in my mind is proof of that. I'm a vaper and I just see the reaction to e-cigs on the part of supposedly enlightened people in places like New York or Los Angeles as hysteria. I also had a huge setback in my life when I lost my driver's license at age 36, on purely subjective grounds (my vision is 20/30 in one eye, 20/40 in the other) and had to wade through a government beaurocracy only to end in my defeat and loss of my license, never to get it back. Then I started realizing liberalism is like that in general. It's about funding beaurocracies to control other peoples lives, even though in many cases individuals know what is best for their own life better than some person sitting in a cubicle in an office drawing a government salary. In the name of the greater good, they will take away your rights and destroy your life. Your suffering is just collateral damage they don't care about.

It ends here, I won't support this madness anymore. Time to stop the government beaurocracy being welfare programs for liberal arts grads. I realized my uncle is right, a Republican is just a Democrat that got mugged.

The only problem: I can't really identify as a Republican. I'm irreligious and I'd like churches and "Christian values" kept out of my life. Until the Republican party makes room for those of us that don't base our values on a moldy old book full of superstitions, I guess I'll be apolitical.
A lot on both sides really down deep are libertarians or lean that way, you are certainly one of them. I do want to clear up one thing though: don't think the Republican party is all represented by right wing, religious evangelicals. Here is an example: one of our grandchildren, who is as far to the right as anyone I have even known is also either a atheist or agnostic. We just do not discuss religion anymore, she gets too upset. I will add she is still in her 20s. Her husband, comes from a Christian family, very conservative and he shares her views on God as well. I know a lot of others that feel the same and I know a lot of Democrats that are very religious. The left is baiting many by claiming only one party are over the top when it comes to religion. You will never find a party you can agree with 100%. Heck you won't find anyone you agree with 100%. I don't even agree with myself 100%.

Old 03-25-2014, 04:38 AM

1,329 posts, read 832,049 times
This has been a good discussion. I suppose I will vote independent and decide on the merits of the candidates, not the ideologies of the parties.

After years of thinking of myself as a liberal, it's shocking to find many so-called progressives and liberals dedicated to the same kind of irrationality I assosciated with the far right. E-cigs are the perfect example. A free society doesn't demand that people prove something absolutely safe before adults can engage in that activity, that would be unreasonable for anybody to have to prove (another example, prove that eating a hamburger is perfectly safe.... you cannot!). So the e-cig issue has exposed, at least in my thinking, the soft anti-intellectualism, sentimentalism, and even bigotry of the Left in this country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies