Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-10-2014, 11:14 AM

13,303 posts, read 7,868,942 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
I see why I have just never been one to enjoy eating at restaurants, along with no hand washing, peeing in pickle barrels and now dog hair & service rats, NO THANK YOU! I own many dogs and one is with me at all times, if I were disabled I'd eat at home like I do now.

Yes and science does claim people can act like animals.
Can and will!

If you cannot afford a dog, one will be provided for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2014, 11:17 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,562,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elhelmete View Post
People with self-diagnosed so-called stress issues were confined to a facility? Uhhh, no. The mess started when service animals were allowed for emotional support and without a requirement for a permit (I can't ask to see one) or diagnosis.

The little rat dogs I see yipping their way through Home Depot, restaurants, Target, airports, wherever aren't service dogs, bank on it. They're not well behaved enough to be...they don't act trained at all.
1) How do you know people are self-diagnosed?

2) You are assuming all dogs out in public are being described as service dogs. I think there are more entitled AHs who insist on taking their dogs everywhere than there are people trying to pass of the family pooch as a service dog.

Old 03-10-2014, 11:21 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,692,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elhelmete View Post
People with self-diagnosed so-called stress issues were confined to a facility? Uhhh, no. The mess started when service animals were allowed for emotional support and without a requirement for a permit (I can't ask to see one) or diagnosis.

The little rat dogs I see yipping their way through Home Depot, restaurants, Target, airports, wherever aren't service dogs, bank on it. They're not well behaved enough to be...they don't act trained at all.
They still might help their owners with anxiety.

Old 03-10-2014, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
They still might help their owners with anxiety.
If the dogs weren't yapping, their owners would be.

It is more appropriate to have your dog do your yapping for you.

Old 03-10-2014, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
1) How do you know people are self-diagnosed?

2) You are assuming all dogs out in public are being described as service dogs. I think there are more entitled AHs who insist on taking their dogs everywhere than there are people trying to pass of the family pooch as a service dog.
It has been known for a long time that a significant percentage of the population suffers from Dog Deficiency Syndrome.

There is but one cure.

Some say the cure is worse than the disease, while others say not.

Old 03-10-2014, 11:26 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,692,979 times
What's bad are the dog parks where people take their dogs so they can play and run with other dogs they don't know. Recently here someone had their chihuahua running and playing in the big dog section and right in front of the chihuahua's owner and the kids, a gerrman shepherd grabbed it and killed it,

Old 03-10-2014, 11:31 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,416,507 times
Oddly I don't see this that often. In fact I can't recall when I saw a dog in a restaurant that wasn't a service dog. Is this a regional thing?

Old 03-10-2014, 11:32 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,645,971 times
My Maltese would make a great service dog, he could alert me when it is time for him to eat.

Old 03-10-2014, 11:33 AM

6,039 posts, read 6,054,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
This is my point exactly.

Old 03-10-2014, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperthetic View Post
If the dogs weren't yapping, their owners would be.

It is more appropriate to have your dog do your yapping for you.
I once ran a business where I was obliged to hire the most gross, animalistic unruly people that the town could dredge up.

They didn't respect me because I owned the business - but they did respect my dog, because she was so, very much like them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies