Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are America's best days behind her?
No, America's best days are ahead of her 30 39.47%
Yes, liberals have destroyed her 34 44.74%
Yes, conservatives have destroyed her 12 15.79%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2014, 11:33 PM

7,846 posts, read 6,406,698 times

Advertisements

America's best days are ahead of her. My generation (the millenials) are far less partisan than the previous generation. Things will get better.

As for who ruined the country? The conservatives have succeed in opposing every benefit liberals have fought for American citizens. Liberalism always prevails, and we laugh about it later. Worker rights, worker's comp, disability, social security, 5 day work week, civil rights, air and water quality, car safety standards, food and drug safety standards, public transportation, etc. I can go on and on. Conservatives opposed everything, just like they are opposing immigration reform and Obamacare. Always on the wrong side of history and always WRONG!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2014, 11:46 PM

3,620 posts, read 3,836,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikBEggs View Post
America's best days are ahead of her. My generation (the millenials) are far less partisan than the previous generation. Things will get better.

As for who ruined the country? The conservatives have succeed in opposing every benefit liberals have fought for American citizens. Liberalism always prevails, and we laugh about it later. Worker rights, worker's comp, disability, social security, 5 day work week, civil rights, air and water quality, car safety standards, food and drug safety standards, public transportation, etc. I can go on and on. Conservatives opposed everything, just like they are opposing immigration reform and Obamacare. Always on the wrong side of history and always WRONG!
read my prior post before yours

Old 03-09-2014, 11:47 PM

1,013 posts, read 910,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
Both parties share the blame for the decline of America. And both conservatives and liberals share blame.

Both liberals and conservatives have supported the surveillance state, the war on drugs, and bailouts for Wall Street. Both liberals and conservatives have been whores for Israel. Both liberals and conservatives are driving America into bankruptcy.
this

Old 03-09-2014, 11:48 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,933,771 times
Yes, but I don't blame libs or conservatives exclusively. I blame greed. Greed for money and power.

Old 03-09-2014, 11:50 PM

12,039 posts, read 6,572,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J746NEW View Post
Truth in Media "End Partisanship"

Ben Swann explains how the new coalition of EndPartisanship.org is working to break the 2 party hold on primary elections, which currently lock around 50% of voters out of the process. Plus, Ben details a lawsuit that has now been filed in the state of New Jersey to break that hold.

Truth in Media "End Partisanship" - YouTube
Thanks for posting this! It's about time we Independents get more active - this is a good start. Most of us are so cynical and fed up, we just drop out. I hope this lawsuit gets media attention and momentum.

Old 03-09-2014, 11:50 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,607,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Jew View Post
you said Israel not all Middle Eastern countries

If Israel is thug like for self defense every single country is thug like.

Want to explain to me the Spanish American War?
I mentioned Israel because the US is played by Israel in a big way. The US does not have the same relationship with, for example, Syria, that it has with Israel.

Not every country is a thug state. How is Switzerland or Sweden a thug state? How is Uruguay thug-like?

The Spanish American War was in an era when that sort of thing was more of the norm in international relations. Doesn't mean it was right.

Old 03-09-2014, 11:53 PM

7,846 posts, read 6,406,698 times
Quote:
I oppose ALL US aid to Middle Eastern countries. Period.

The US should not finance thug states. Period.
The thug states keep the U.S. dollar the world reserve currency, period.

Oil and bombs, baby.

Old 03-10-2014, 12:18 AM

3,550 posts, read 2,557,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikBEggs View Post

As for who ruined the country? The conservatives have succeed in opposing every benefit liberals have fought for American citizens. Liberalism always prevails, and we laugh about it later. Worker rights, worker's comp, 5 day work week, civil rights, air and water quality, car safety standards, public transportation, etc. I can go on and on. Conservatives opposed everything, just like they are opposing immigration reform and Obamacare. Always on the wrong side of history and always WRONG!
the 5 day work week did not come from liberalism

yes Unions supported it but they were not the originators of it or the strongest pushers

the first 5 day work week in America came from Orthodox Jews, who couldn't work on Saturday, this was years before the unions took it up. Orthodox Jews teamed up with the Unions (the Unions that pushed for the 5 day work week originally were Jewish dominated and many of the members had wanted the 5 day work week for other religious reasons) to help pass it but with out a Orthodox Jews there is no way there would ever 5 day work week in America

read this articles
jewish_sabbath1

Quote:
As early as 1910, Rabbi Bernard Drachman, president of the Sabbath Alliance, told that group that the problem of the Sabbath was so interwoven with American conditions that the issue could be resolved only if both Saturday and Sunday were observed as days of rest by "Christians and Jews alike." As the efforts to exempt Jews from Saturday work failed and the attempts to open up Sunday work proved fruitless and generated hard feelings among Christian Sabbatarians, more people came to appreciate the wisdom of Drachman's original vision. Beginning in 1919, the Sabbath Alliance supported local unions in New York, Boston, Philadelphia, and other large cities which were launching their campaigns for the five-and-a-half day week, a campaign that worked directly toward the institution of Saturday holidays.
I can't find it now but I remember seeing some of the biggest labor leader say that with out Orthodox support the 5 day work week would have never came in to being

PS Henry Ford was another early advocate of the 5 day work week

Old 03-10-2014, 12:24 AM

3,550 posts, read 2,557,244 times
Quote:
I mentioned Israel because the US is played by Israel in a big way. The US does not have the same relationship with, for example, Syria, that it has with Israel.

Not every country is a thug state. How is Switzerland or Sweden a thug state? How is Uruguay thug-like?

The Spanish American War was in an era when that sort of thing was more of the norm in international relations. Doesn't mean it was right.
I don't know, maybe turning Jews over Nazis sounds thug like to me (Switzerland)

Old 03-10-2014, 12:27 AM

1,825 posts, read 1,419,467 times
No, America has faced far worse challenges in the past (e.g. the civil war/slavery, Nazis, Communists, the depression) and we are stronger for it. It is only a matter of time before the deadlock in Washington is broken and the American economy starts working again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies