Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2014, 08:42 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 22 days ago)

29,550 posts, read 16,539,320 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Figures, I asked you to provide something, and this is what I get...another question....
You do realize I asked your friend to provide a defense of his post first right ?

At best this is a case of pot meet kettle, at worst, you are deflecting and trolling all over the place with one sentence responses to everyone. You add nothing to the conversation and never back up your own arguments or the people you defend.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2014, 06:15 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,455,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
They can add me to the list, I lost my insurance because of that evil communist Obama,...

Spoiler
I now have a much better plan because of Obamacare. Thanks Obama!

Can you afford the deductible and the max out-of-pocket expense?

Old 03-11-2014, 06:31 AM

12,961 posts, read 13,673,944 times
Health insurance has become a hand out. Is losing this hand out and having to be more personally responsible for it, and paying more for it, any different from a person getting kicked off welfare and having to be more personally responsible for their own housing and food?

Old 03-11-2014, 06:49 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,506,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJboutit View Post
I am talking about the ones that have already been canceled

Just how bad are junk health policies?
Those cancelled 'junk' policies are exactly the same type as Obama is letting insurers renew for 3 more years. I understand your pain. Obama told people they could keep plans they liked, then you found out he lied, so went to the 'junk' policy excuse for the lie. Then he extends the 'junk' policies for 1 year, then 2 more years. Woe is you. Spinning completely opposite positions into all being good can't be easy.

Old 03-11-2014, 06:55 AM

46,281 posts, read 27,093,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Thats my point, If you are going to argue that Democrats did something, then you need to show that the party funded it.
It's a negative ad towards the repubs.....who the hell do you think made the commercial, the repubs?

Here, this is who made the video....now, tell me who the stand for ...the repubs or dems...go ahead....

The Agenda Project - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Now prove your buddies links....

Quote:
You do realize I asked your friend to provide a defense of his post first right ?

At best this is a case of pot meet kettle, at worst, you are deflecting and trolling all over the place with one sentence responses to everyone. You add nothing to the conversation and never back up your own arguments or the people you defend.
I have a life other than on this board.....

Old 03-11-2014, 07:00 AM

46,281 posts, read 27,093,964 times
Quote:
The Republicans wanted to have a repeal of the law.
Why not?

How many years has it been and it's not even fully implemented yet....but it's a damn great amazing law that will help everyone out.....but......let's keep pushing it out further and further....

Don't you feel ashamed that your party has put out there that they have delayed this again, because it is an election year? They said THAT....why would they say that if this is such a great law....

And how many times has this "law" been changed....I though it was great....amazing...best hing since sliced bread.....

Old 03-11-2014, 07:04 AM

3,537 posts, read 2,735,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
I could post my new insurance card and the letter from my old carrier and you'd just make up more BS like it's fake

We all know no matter what, those on the radical right will keep right on beliving all the BS their propaganda masters tell them without question.

The ACA didn't cause the apocalypse, the end of the world didn't happen, and all the other right wing lies all blew up in their faces.
The hilarious part is ACA is a capitalistic system. It allows people to have choices on a Healthcare exchange.

Old 03-11-2014, 05:42 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,941,676 times
I understand that many people - not just Republicans, but some Democrats as well - have problems with Obamacare.

I can only tell you that for me personally it has been a good thing.

Before the ACA became law I was employed (am still employed) and I had health insurance, but it was a crappy policy and I wanted to upgrade to a better policy with another company (something many of my colleagues at work did). I have a pre-existing medical condition and was denied coverage by other companies offering better policies. After Obamacare I was able to transfer my coverage (started on Jan. 1st) to a much better and more comprehensive coverage. Yes, it is more expensive - but I am happy to pay a little more for a better policy!

Old 03-11-2014, 06:02 PM

4,919 posts, read 4,834,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scratchie View Post
I hope the Dems start a list of voters who were able to get health insurance due to the ACA. That will be at least four million names.
Yep .. four million more on Medicaid!
(And at least Four Thousand of them are illegals .. in Oregon)

Old 03-11-2014, 06:06 PM

4,919 posts, read 4,834,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by borregokid View Post
Heres the link but if you dont want to read it ok. Out of 169 million with private health insurance about 1.2 million or so actually lost their insurance and had to pay more for a new policy. Statistically the average conservative republican probably doesnt even know someone who lost their insurance and is paying more.

So how many people had their insurance canceled? Fewer than you think - latimes.com
La Times

Why not Pravda?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies