Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-17-2014, 02:21 PM

159 posts, read 169,057 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
The entire response lacks proper protocol. EMS were told not to go inside of the school, that is was too late but that is against protocol. Police can not declare people dead. EMS would have had to transport victims to the hospital and if possible, attempts would have to be made to save them. They would not leave the bodies in the school overnight. Parents would not just go home knowing their child's dead body was still in the school. They would not set up Facebook fundraising pages (Parker family) before even knowing if their child was dead. They would not go out and get a tattoo in honor of their dead child the day after the shooting (Veronique Pozner). They wouldn't already be in the stage of "Acceptance" day or hours after the murders took place. Nothing makes sense about Sandy Hook.
I think it is odd that there are no lawsuits.
I did see the Parker facebook page set up asking for money the same day, and before even knowing where the child was. The Pozner woman talking about getting the tattoo the next day was strange, to say the least.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2014, 02:23 PM

947 posts, read 1,463,624 times
Quote:
What is CCRC? And where did I cite it?
CCHR sorry. You agreed with the poster who claimed that SSRIs caused mass shootings and the whole Andrew Solomon conspiracy angle you promoted is just scientology bs.

Old 03-17-2014, 02:27 PM

4,762 posts, read 792,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by d from birmingham View Post
It's not critical thinking when you spout debunked nonsense from a youtube video.

You do not engage in critical thinking when you are a scientologist. That whole religion was an admitted scam by it's creator who admitted he faked it to extort money from morons.
Critical thinking involves not necessarily believing everything one is told by the media. It involves analyzing facts objectively, as they are presented to oneself, and making an evaluative judgment based on them.

I have tried to be as objective as possible regarding this, and there are questions that simply don't have a plausible answer, at least not one given by the media. How is raising these questions not "critical thinking"?

I'm not saying the burden is on you to prove that the Newtown massacre did happen, nor is it on me to prove that it didn't.

Old 03-17-2014, 02:33 PM

947 posts, read 1,463,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenniferL View Post
I think it is odd that there are no lawsuits.
I did see the Parker facebook page set up asking for money the same day, and before even knowing where the child was. The Pozner woman talking about getting the tattoo the next day was strange, to say the least.
Not really. People handle grief in strange ways. Some people will wash and put up their dead child's clothes for weeks after and refuse to get rid of the clothing despite there being no need to keep it.

Also facebook deal has an explanation. The facebook page wasn't setup the same day.

snopes.com: Facebook Page Created Before Tragedy

Sandy Hook shootings: Dozens of people touched by the Sandy Hook Elementary School tragedy have gotten tattoos. - Hartford Courant

People were getting Sandy Hook tattoos a day after the shootings to remember it.

Veronique Pozner: Sandy Hook Noah's mother describes moment she was told her son was dead | Mail Online

Old 03-17-2014, 02:35 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,301,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post
This is all semantics, sorry for his loss, but he hadn't seen his son in 2 years,
and more importantly, there are quite a few people including myself who
do not believe Adam Lanza did it.
Who did do you think did it then?

Old 03-17-2014, 02:44 PM

9,821 posts, read 11,536,738 times
I know there's a lot of cover up's in the world(especially here in the U.S.)
But this isn't one of them. A sick young man by the name of Adam Lanza did this.
The End!

Old 03-17-2014, 02:47 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,730,981 times
Quote:
CCHR sorry. You agreed with the poster who claimed that SSRIs caused mass shootings and the whole Andrew Solomon conspiracy angle you promoted is just scientology bs.
This is what I actually said:
Quote:
I get the impression from this article that they are trying to insinuate that if Adam had took his medication then the shooting would not have happened. I think the angle that they are going to push is for more medication, rather then less. And by the way, I do agree with your premise that there are problems with SSRI's and I think that they can be linked to increased aggression and suicide in past shootings.
Increased aggression and increased risk of suicide are known side effects of SSRI's and they are listed as side effects by the pharmaceutical companies themselves. I think you are stretching here and trying to paint my views as something that they are not. I did not post the link from CCHR and besides, all the link shows is that many past shooters were taking SSRI's, which happens to be true.

Andrew Solomon is known as "the poster child" for SSRI's and his father was the CEO of Forest Laboratories and made a killing off of SSRI's. It's not a conspiracy, it's a fact.

Old 03-17-2014, 02:53 PM

159 posts, read 169,057 times
Quote:
Not really. People handle grief in strange ways. Some people will wash and put up their dead child's clothes for weeks after and refuse to get rid of the clothing despite there being no need to keep it.

Also facebook deal has an explanation. The facebook page wasn't setup the same day.

Sandy Hook shootings: Dozens of people touched by the Sandy Hook Elementary School tragedy have gotten tattoos. - Hartford Courant

People were getting Sandy Hook tattoos a day after the shootings to remember it.

Veronique Pozner: Sandy Hook Noah's mother describes moment she was told her son was dead | Mail Online
The Parker facebook page asking for money was set up the same day, Dec, 14.
Refusing to get rid of clothes does not strike me as odd at all.

Old 03-17-2014, 03:00 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,730,981 times
Quote:

The Parker family's facebook fundraising page was set up very shortly after the news of the shooting broke and they began asking for money right away. They had a bank routing number already up and ready to go. I saw it with my own eyes. They posted at one point that they did not yet know if Emilie had been one of the victims, yet they had already been asking for money. Why? These are wealthy people. Who in their right mind is thinking about money for funeral expenses when the shooting is still active and no one yet knows if anyone was killed, much less their own child?

Victoria Soto's page was set up prior to the shooting and the snopes explanation is conjecture, not fact. It could have been set up prior as something else, or maybe it wasn't. No one knows either way with that one. The United Way also had a fundraising page set up (not on Facebook) and all signs point to that site being set up prior to the shooting.

As for a parent of a murdered child getting a tattoo the day after their child is killed in a shooting, that is bizarre behavior. Please note too that Veronique Pozner was a very religious woman and tattoos are against her religion. Very strange. Have you ever seen a mother who lost their child in a sudden manner? I have and having the composure to go to a tattoo parlor 24 hours after the news that their child was murdered does not even seem possible. The mothers I saw could barely stand up on their own and they were overwhelmed with grief and emotion. And in both of these instances, I saw them days after their children's deaths at the funerals. Saddest thing I have ever witnessed. It makes me tear up just thinking of their grief.

Old 03-17-2014, 03:17 PM

9,352 posts, read 20,021,771 times
Quote:
OK. So did Ryan relay that to the press directly or was it a statement that he made to the police and the police relayed it to the media? As far as I know, Ryan hasn't given any interviews or statements to the media nor has he been photographed since the day of the shooting.
so what?? If I was in Ryan's situation, I sure wouldn't be giving interviews willy nilly.... I prefer to stay as far away from media as possible

Quote:
CCRC which you cite is a Scientology front organization who lies constantly. There is no signs of a hoax just stupidity from conspiracy nuts.

CCRC was quoted, I think, by the big-pharma-conspiracy guy.....

and all of you with your conspiracy theories.... I would LOVE to know why you think someone would execute such a hoax?? to what end and for what benefit?? and how did they get SOOOOOOO many people to participate without one single slipup??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies