Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2014, 06:49 PM

5,915 posts, read 4,813,075 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrat View Post
If you want to find out what went wrong with the freemarket healthcare system in America, do a little research on Sen.Edward M. Kennedy.
Health Maintenance Organization Act of 1973 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Bill
That is one of the reasons why our health care is so expensive.

Old 03-11-2014, 07:22 PM

7,846 posts, read 6,405,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrat View Post
Oh were should I start? How about Air and water quality, brought to you by that bastion of liberalism Richard Nixon.
United States Environmental Protection Agency - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Ok how about the FDA? ooops wrong again, signed in to law by REPUBLICAN Theodore Roosevelt
History of the Food and Drug Administration - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Dept of labor? nope sorry, Republican, William Howard Taft
United States Department of Labor - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
How about the original civil rights bill, ooops Republicans again
[i]Legislative History
The drafting of the bill was performed early in 1870 by Senator Charles Sumner, a dominant Radical Republican in the Senate, with the assistance of John Mercer Langston, a prominent African American who established the law department at Howard University.[3] The bill was proposed by Senator Sumner and co-sponsored by Representative Benjamin F. Butler, both Republicans from Massachusetts, in the 43rd Congress of the United States in 1870. The act was finally passed by Congress in February 1875 and signed into law by President Ulysses S. Grant on March 1, 1875.[4]

Public Transportation, This doesn't even make sense, the first puplic transportation was brought to you by EVIL capitalist, stage coach, trains, etc.

Immigration reform was attemped by Reagan in the 80's but the Liberal congress renigged on securing the border thus causing the mess we have today.

Oh I know you must mean when Republican Abraham Lincoln signed the Emancipation Proclamation freeing the slaves, I can see how you liberals would not agree with freeing slaves, your record of keeping the poor enslaved by endless welfare and hand outs is quite good.

Climate change is a joke, and is daily being proven as such.

So how does it feel to be so wrong about just about everything?
bill
Abraham Lincoln, Theodore Roosevelt, Ronald Reagan and the Republican party of the past were pretty liberal on today's side of the spectrum. Most of our past consists of moderates.

Conservative Republicans did not free the slaves. What the heck are you smoking?

The Republican party was the party of "liberals" until about 40 years ago! Democrats were the party of conservatives. The ideology swapped during the Southern Strategy. The conservative Democrats (KKK and descendants) are Republicans today.

LOL, Pure comedy.

Old 03-11-2014, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikBEggs View Post
The Republican party was the party of "liberals" until about 40 years ago! Democrats were the party of conservatives. The ideology swapped during the Southern Strategy. The conservative Democrats (KKK and descendants) are Republicans today.

LOL, Pure comedy.
So according to your timeline FDR and the Democrat party during his presidency were conservative?

Old 03-11-2014, 07:30 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,005,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirdik View Post
Yes, but at the same time they complain that we're not progressive enough.
You are correct and why I just shake may head every time I hear the news anymore.

Old 03-11-2014, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirdik View Post
See it must be guaranteed by the federal government otherwise it doesn't count as progressive.
No if a private business says you can nap...........then you nap. I need to find that job.

Old 03-11-2014, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
No if a private business says you can nap...........then you nap. I need to find that job.
Hey I'm not arguing with that I was referring to the OP.

Old 03-11-2014, 07:50 PM

Sorry if I got after you............

Old 03-12-2014, 05:04 AM

3,536 posts, read 2,858,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikBEggs View Post
Abraham Lincoln, Theodore Roosevelt, Ronald Reagan and the Republican party of the past were pretty liberal on today's side of the spectrum. Most of our past consists of moderates.

Conservative Republicans did not free the slaves. What the heck are you smoking?

LOL, Pure comedy.
Pure comedy, Now the lib's are calling Ronald Reagan one of there own. What the heck are you smoking?

You gotta love it, The *******s use the same arguement for global warming, If it's hot out tommorro then it's AGW, if it's cold then it's just weather.

If the republicans do something they approve of then the parties must be swapped that day and the repub's are actually dem's, and if a dem does something horrible like say starting the Vietnam war (JFK) then they swap again.

yup liberalism really is a mental disorder.

bill

Old 03-12-2014, 09:46 AM

24,621 posts, read 19,165,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberal01 View Post
How about paid maternity leave?
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
I was absolutely stunned when I found out there was no paid maternity leave in "the greatest country in the world."
Um, maternity is a choice.

It's not called Pro-Choice for nothing.

Pointing out the obvious...

Mircea

Old 03-12-2014, 09:50 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberal01 View Post
What went wrong? When and how?
Corporate money took over, starting in the late 1800s. Teddy Roosevelt put it back in the cage somewhat 110 years ago. More recently, the enormous growth of lobbying/bribery is a fair indicator of the pervasiveness of corporate influence/ownership of the political process.

The citizenry simply lacks the resources to counterbalance it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies