Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2014, 10:28 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,981,679 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
If you're expecting LEOs to do the right thing just because it's the right thing to do, you have your hopes a little too high...

They took an oath to serve and protect. Based on the fact that they are paid for by us taxpayers to enforce and uphold the law, they therefore are held to a higher standard when it comes to them having to also abide by the laws they swore to uphold, and enforce. If they cannot do so, then either more solid training is needed, or perhaps one should not become a cop.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2014, 10:55 AM

259 posts, read 151,344 times
Someone "capable of critical thinking" no, someone with basic knowledge would know that statism refers to economics and has nothing to do with "police state". Again, cops are predominantly conservative republicans so these are your fellow conservatives knocking down your doors, why don't you talk to them about your common conservative values while they're at it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rso092 View Post
No, he said (in a nutshell) that liberals are statists.

I would agree that many liberals are, in fact, statists. It is evident based on the programs and legislation liberals tend to support. Many individual police officers are statists, as well, but they are typically not liberal.

Someone who is capable of critical thinking would realize that means there are statists from all over the political spectrum, including TEAM BLUE and TEAM RED.

Last edited by Liberal01; 03-12-2014 at 11:27 AM..

Old 03-12-2014, 11:06 AM

58,958 posts, read 27,267,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpencerMtn View Post
Awwwwwww! LOL. It's not "my link"! It's one of dozens of articles covering the same story! It's about the attitude of American cops and their enemy, the American citizen. Go back to sleep.
" It's about the attitude of American cops and their enemy, the American citizen"

Nice claim. ow back kit up, if you can.

Old 03-12-2014, 11:14 AM

58,958 posts, read 27,267,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
Cops are sworn to uphold the constitution, him not upholding the constitution is breaking the law, he should be arrested and charged.
"Cops are sworn to uphold the constitution' really?

Please provide the oath that EACH officer takes for EACH city, state, county or other municipality in the country.

Old 03-12-2014, 11:25 AM

1,743 posts, read 1,658,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post

Please provide the oath that EACH officer takes for EACH city, state, county or other municipality in the country.
Yes they are just like the soldiers in the military do as well

Old 03-12-2014, 11:29 AM

679 posts, read 614,565 times
Quote:

5 U.S. Code § 3331 - Oath of office

Quote:
An individual, except the President, elected or appointed to an office of honor or profit in the civil service or uniformed services, shall take the following oath: “I, AB, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God.” This section does not affect other oaths required by law.

Old 03-12-2014, 09:37 PM

29,094 posts, read 25,996,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberal01 View Post
He didn't say it, he implied it.
No, Harrier didn't.

Harrier stated that liberals were supporting the criminal cop.

He then explained how this is normal liberal behavior because liberals are all about control and big government.

Old 03-13-2014, 06:06 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,749,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post
i hate cops, no because of anything i have done wrong, it just they believe they are above the law, they can invent the law, who police the cops, the police, yea right.
Some do, some don't. I have had some good and bad encounters with cops and I absolutely hate when a cop talks down to me and I will not hesitate to put him in his place in a polite way.

Old 03-13-2014, 06:23 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,749,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
Is it just me or does it seem that conservatives have a new found hatred of law enforcement? In the 60s when cops were murdering and beating black folk, conservatives weren't against them!!! In the 70s when law enforcement was infiltrating, framing, and targeting black nationalist organizations like the real Black Panthers, conservatives weren't against them!!! In the 90s when white cops beat the crap out of black men while violating our civil rights, conservatives weren't against them!!!

Funny how times have changed. When your value system allows you to turn a blind eye towards others but raise living hell when it affects you, there's a problem with your ethics...
WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Old 03-13-2014, 06:23 AM

91 posts, read 72,158 times
Quote:

State constitutions and laws can't violate the US constitution, something that most of us learned in the fifth grade.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies