Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2014, 03:18 PM

878 posts, read 737,170 times

Advertisements

If this doesn't suggest that our unconstitutional putative president doesn't respect our WW2 vets and servicemen, then I don't know what to say. If alive today, my father and other family members who served in WW2 would not appreciate the disrespect this putative president has shown towards our courageous servicemen who fought to protect the Constitution and the integrity of this nation that is on the brink of disaster today. What we have is a un-American administration full of blatant criminals who engaged in a act of aggression towards these hero's of the Pacific and European theater. The framers of the Constitution, namely Article 2 Section 1, wanted a natural born citizen as a future president for the sole purpose of having allegiance to the United States of America and it's armed forces. What liberals have put in office the last 6 years is a man who's birth was governed by the British Act of 1948 due to his father being a British subject with allegiance to the British Crown. That concept has given us a putative president born with dual allegiances and total disrespect for this nations principles and the veterans of the greatest generation who sacrificed to save this country from tyranny. Again, how disgusting and disrespectful.

Emails Reveal Obama Admin Shut Down WW II Memorial Knowing Vets Were Coming

Last edited by Britt Reid; 03-11-2014 at 03:33 PM..

Old 03-11-2014, 03:24 PM

26,457 posts, read 15,049,695 times
It cost more money to shut down.

It was an open air memorial with 1 to 2 staffers half of the day...to shut down with people moving barricades and as many as "several dozen" security guards guarding it. It would have been logical to turn off the fountain and keep it open...notice less popular memorials like the DC WWI memorial had no guards and no barricade.

Petty and inept comes to mind with this administration.

Old 03-11-2014, 03:35 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,558,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Britt Reid View Post
If this doesn't suggest that our unconstitutional putative president doesn't respect our WW2 vets and servicemen, then I don't know what to say. If alive today, my father and other family members who served in WW2 would not appreciate the disrespect this putative president has shown towards our courageous servicemen who fought to protect the Constitution and the integrity of this nation that is on the brink of disaster today. What we have is a administration full of blatant criminals who engaged in a act of aggression towards these hero's of the Pacific and European theater. The framers of the Constitution, namely Article 2 Section 1, wanted a natural born citizen as a future president for the sole purpose of having allegiance to the United States of America and it's armed forces. What liberals have put in office the last 6 years is a man who's birth was governed by the British Act of 1948 due to his father being a British subject with allegiance to the British Crown. That concept has given us a putative president born with dual allegiances and total disrespect for this nations principles and the veterans of the greatest generation who sacrificed to save this country from tyranny. Again, how disgusting and disrespectful.

Emails Reveal Obama Admin Shut Down WW II Memorial Knowing Vets Were Coming
What exactly is a unconstitutional putative president? Did you mean "punative" instead? War memorials need "upkeep" which means "money"!
Funny how Conservatives complain about "Government" spending but want all of their "War Memorials" to be funded by them at the same time.
Go do a "fundraiser" with Oliver North!

Old 03-11-2014, 03:43 PM

679 posts, read 614,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Britt Reid View Post
If this doesn't suggest that our unconstitutional putative president ...
So from what I can see the emails were between employees for the National Park Service discussing how they've been asked by some veterans groups that were coming in what would be shut down, and the reply was to tell them that everything was going to be shut down.

Now while I do agree that it was ridiculous to shut the memorial down completely to public access, I don't see the implication that your tagline implies.

For your tagline to be true would mean that one of the four people emailing back and forth would have to get information to the President about those groups coming in and for him to then continue through with the shut down.

Now I don't know about you, but I can't really see someone from the Park System being allowed to get to the Pres to hand over this info. Truthfully, I can't see them even considering it (I can see them considering the possibility of just allowing access with no guided tours, amenities, etc. but obviously they didn't do that). This would fall under a problem that would be expected to be completely and totally handled by those in the NPS and to use their own discretion with it. And if they had tried to go to the President about it, all I can imagine happening is the White House being like uhhhhhh you guys can't handle how to deal with a couple of veteran groups on your own???

It would be a pretty dumb move to make.

Old 03-11-2014, 03:44 PM

79,913 posts, read 44,161,983 times
This is what a community organizer does.

Old 03-11-2014, 03:45 PM

3,555 posts, read 4,093,639 times
And when veterans came to open it back up, the Tea Party clowns hijacked it and made it about them. But even then, asserting it was because of the veterans is asinine.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 03-11-2014 at 04:47 PM.. Reason: trolling

Old 03-11-2014, 04:43 PM

33,547 posts, read 18,140,185 times
Obama is a goof ball. Obama is vindictive. Obama is power hungry. Obama is just being himself.

Old 03-11-2014, 04:49 PM

5,334 posts, read 4,422,550 times
Again, if you don't like the topic SKIP IT, MOVE ON, DON'T READ IT. Trolling it just isn't going to good.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do NOT reply to moderator posts that are in RED.

Old 03-11-2014, 04:51 PM

947 posts, read 1,463,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
This is what a community organizer does.
No the party of stupid refused to fund the gov't and was told what would happen. So guess what the stupid did? They told their followers that Obama was to blame when it was the stupid party to blame.

Guess what you cannot have places open with no staff. They would get vandalized otherwise. So they have to be closed.

Republicans have admitted they want the economy to crash. They want America to be attacked. They want America to be unsuccessful.

Old 03-11-2014, 04:59 PM

29,212 posts, read 22,341,507 times
Obama didn't shut the government down. The Republicans did.

At the same time a handful of vets being turned away, there were several thousand tourists who couldn't go into Yellowstone Park, or the Grand Canyon, or the Great Smokies, or any of the other national parks and monuments all over the country.

Where's your outrage over them, Britt? The loss of income in all the cities, towns and small country stores and companies who count on tourism for their living got hurt much worse than those vets. Why did the Republicans choose one monument for their selective outrage? because the lame stream media you hate so much was easy to notify?

How about every American who needed a passport and couldn't get one during the shutdown? How about all the small contractors who lost their income because their work places was locked? How about all the federal customs and port offices that couldn't pass all the freight that comes to our shores?

I'm a vet. I'm sorry those vets were turned away for half a day, but they got to enter and tour the next day. Not a big whoop del compared to the millions of dollars lost and thousands of folks who were denied vital goods and services due to the Republican folly.

Shame on you. This is like complaining about a tiny splinter in a finger while an arm is being amputated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies